Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree it's directly related and a good conversation...I myself will be very interested in adding sound to this A-10 so the more dialogue we have on the available systems is a good thing I believe.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Model Sounds Inc. View Post

This forum is not the place to start a discussion about the pros and cons of either sound system. This thread is about the Freewing A10 model, not a comparison of sound systems.

However, I will just comment on Brandon's suggestion that you need more "computer saviness" with our ShockWave2 system. That, in fact, is not true if you want to use it out of the box.. They all come ready configured and ready to use. You do NOT need any computer skills whatsoever in order to use it as is, out of the box. However the computer based programmability and flexibility is built right in for those more advanced users who want to change any of the many configurable settings available to the user at a later date.
      I have to make a clarification to what I said earlier...David is correct about it being preconfigured to use right out of the box...I was only commenting on it's ability to be controlled and changed by the user if they so desire. It does have the ability to be configured by the end user, but requires "computer saviness"

Hope that clears it up.

it's a nice system. as I think they all are when setup and used properly.
      Brandon Moon

Comment

• I'm guessing that there may have been an photo opportunity to see the side by side comparison of the FW and FMS A-10.
        Got a pic to share Brandon ???
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
          Nice pics Brandon. I heard that the Avanti S was there also, but haven't seen it in any pics. If you have any can you post them on that thread? Thanks.
          Vic did a great job flying it and it fly's great, but I didn't get any pictures of it. sorry
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
            I'm guessing that there may have been an photo opportunity to see the side by side comparison of the FW and FMS A-10.
            Got a pic to share Brandon ???
            We did not do that and we were not there to get into a comparison match. I did not want to infringe on their time at the AEF. I was solely there to meet Tony and Evelyn and get pictures of them with my FlightlineRC F7F Tigercat I did and we discussed many months ago, and to clear up a recent scuff over on RCG over the A10 issue privately....the fact that I had the other A10 there was only coincidental and interesting for him and I to talk about. the planes came second and the comradery and friendship came first.

FMS and Freewing are stiff competitors and rivals and this was MotionRC's and FW time with their products. and they all looked great. I only regret not getting the chance to fly the big Spitty and maybe A10, but there will be another time to get a chance to do that. I was more interested in the Spitfire ;)
            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
              clear up a recent scuff over on RCG.....
              I knew you guys would. You're both mature and professional. It wasn't really a "scuff", at least not until outsiders who had nothing to do with the situation, took sides and jumped on the dogpile and made it difficult for you two to work it out on the forum. I HATE people like that who can't mind their own business and stay the fork out of it. Their useless and unnecessary 2 cents of input only made things worse. I watched the whole thing unfold.
              I was on the verge of coming down from Canada just to see all the new planes and also to meet all of you guys. Too expensive and it was a shame the weather didn't cooperate better. Even my friends snowbirding down there didn't go due to the weather.

Comment

• I almost went with another model.... I am so glad I have waited. Looks like Motion rc is the place for the 1700mm planes. Wow is all I have to say. Still learning how to fly but to be honest.... detailing this while continuing to work on my flying skills will be worth the wait when I can get one of these into the air. Nice job guys!
                Sponsored by:

ADVOCARE

Comment

• "A-10 Warthogs aren't built, they're born" . Just a shot of an A-10 being unloaded from a C5A Galaxy. I wonder if the A-10 was designed with the capability to fit in a C5A the way the Freewing A-10 fits in a trunk?Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	63339

Comment

• Ok, who is going to build the C-5?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                      "A-10 Warthogs aren't built, they're born" . Just a shot of an A-10 being unloaded from a C5A Galaxy. I wonder if the A-10 was designed with the capability to fit in a C5A the way the Freewing A-10 fits in a trunk?Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	63339
                      What an awesome surprise. I was the Crewchief on the very C-5A while stationed at Travis AFB in CA.

Comment

"A-10 Warthogs aren't built, they're born" . Just a shot of an A-10 being unloaded from a C5A Galaxy. I wonder if the A-10 was designed with the capability to fit in a C5A the way the Freewing A-10 fits in a trunk?Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	63339
                        Look at the tint on the sides of the windshield. Shows up great in this photo.

Comment

• During the Arizona Electric Festival this past weekend, we had a surprise by an An-124 headed into Gateway airport. They could have been arriving to pick up some Apaches for delivery from the Boeing plant here.

Pat

Comment

• Tony posted this pic on the RCG thread. He took it at the Pima Air & Space Museum down in Tucson. This is the scheme I plan to do myself. Now I need to get back down there and take some very detailed pics on the paint job and markings.

Pat

Comment

I'm kinda surprised that one guy on the end of that striped pole is able to push that thing into the C5 all by himself. :bluetongue

Comment

I use to be with the 349th and 945th there at Travis while I was in the Air Force Reserves after active duty. ;) been there seen that, many of times.
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Hey Twowingtj, what are the chances? Thank you for your service, Must have been a blast overseeing the loading and unloading of a cavernous plane like that. The C-17 is cool but the C5-A still rules!! I'm still learning the finer points of posting pictures. I didn't mean for it to take up the whole screen. Just a way of passing time while waiting to heat up the plastic, Brad:Cool:BTW crxmanpat, you do know that an AN-124 is a russian cargo plane,right? I don't think they would be picking up Apaches unless our President is in even deeper than we thoughtLOL.

Comment

• That particular An-124 is operated by a private company, not the Russian military. It comes in here once in a while to pick up large cargo like Apaches. That particular plane is operated by Volga-Dnepr.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post

Well buddy, Knowing as much as I do about both, and liking and having several both, My prior inside participation and support with both, I am not going to get into this one and have either one rubbed backward against the other. They are both good sound systems and it's really a personal choice.

I will comment on this though: The shockwave2 have far more user programmability and control than the MR. RCSound V4.1 or Aspire sound system has, but also requires more computer use savieness ;), whereas the MR. RCSound V4.1 or Aspire sound system is simpler to set up....in addition to the base cost of one in relation to the other
                                      Thanks Brandon. I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to reading more about both and seeing what they bring to the table on cost and functionality for the money spent, particularly for use in this jet. I've never cared much for sound systems on any of my planes, but on this A-10 I do. :)

Comment

• Hey crxmanpat, I stand corrected. At the time I made that comment this morning, the picture wasn't posted. The one of the A-10 at Pima wasn't either for that matter. I have to say, it still seems strange that a Russian built and operated cargo plane, albeit non-military would be ferrying American military aircraft. Blue Skies, Brad

Comment

• No worries. And the cargo was confirmed today when someone posted a walkaround video on Facebook. It is indeed an Apache.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X