Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I am holding as well until I get the plane to see what decals it comes with. Callie makes the Black Snakes markings but if it is supposed to come with them and I decide to go with them no need to order more. However, if I decide to go with the Razorbacks (which are decidedly more Hawg related) I would order from Callie and possibly paint the nose art on after assessing the decal for it. Bear in mind that FMS applied the smaller Tiger teeth decal which is I believe MUCH easier to do that a Black Snakes or Razorbacks nose art decal would be. Just sayin'.
    If Freewing can't or won't do the Blacksnakes (my preference) nose art, then they should at least do nose art they feel they can do, even if it's different than the Blacksnakes one. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

If Freewing can't or won't do the Blacksnakes (my preference) nose art, then they should at least do nose art they feel they can do, even if it's different than the Blacksnakes one. :Cool:
      The Termites and Tigers nose art that is supposed to come with it should be easy to apply. The Black Snakes might take a little more effort but I bet it could be done. I am sure they will work something out.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        I for one might get more sleep....:Silly:
        The addiction is strong in this one, master.

Comment

• Is there going to be any sort of notification like preorder will begin in 1 hour, 12 hours, etc. or it will just be suprise preorder is now open type thing?

Comment

• This thread will be the first external (off MRC site) channel we utilize when announcing the pre order, I promise. :)
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks Aros

Comment

• You're welcome and welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Sorry if I missed it somewhere but will you have a choice with the pre order of 80mm or 90mm?

Comment

• Man, can't remember ever seeing so much bit chomping!!! The horses are all lined up in the starting gate and waiting for the bell. I hope nobody gets trampled like black friday when the mall doors open. I figure if I don't get one on the first shipment, I will just benefit from improvements on the second. That being said, I really really really want one now!!! LOL Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by RickyBoy View Post
                      Sorry if I missed it somewhere but will you have a choice with the pre order of 80mm or 90mm?
                      I'd like to see some kind of flight comparison between the 2 sizes of propulsion (or did I miss it?), mainly speed to see if the 90mm is even needed or worth it.
                      It was my understanding that you buy the 80mm and then buy the 90mm optional pod. Maybe I got it wrong but would the 90mm part be available right away?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                        I'd like to see some kind of flight comparison between the 2 sizes of propulsion (or did I miss it?), mainly speed to see if the 90mm is even needed or worth it.
                        It was my understanding that you buy the 80mm and then buy the 90mm optional pod. Maybe I got it wrong but would the 90mm part be available right away?
                        As I understood it they were going to have an ARF Plus so maybe also the option to pick which size nacelles you want for it? From what Alpha said I gathered there wasn't a huge benefit performance wise going with 90's but time will tell.

Comment

• Just another shot of the Blacksnakes nose art up close and personal, Brad

Comment

• OK. That settles it. I am going with the Black Snakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                              Just another shot of the Blacksnakes nose art up close and personal, Brad
                              Yup, that's the one I want!

Comment

• Been lurking and enjoying all the discussion. Can't wait to push the button!

Comment

• Originally posted by RickyBoy View Post
                                  Sorry if I missed it somewhere but will you have a choice with the pre order of 80mm or 90mm?
                                  Has not been officially released at this point. There will be several configurations, but the number and breakdown is still TBD.

I think ink the only committed fact is that you will have the option of purchasing the 90mm nacelles

T

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	YVD2vSK.gif
Views:	491
Size:	806.2 KB
ID:	64018 I told you it was a fearsome A10 with big fangs and a loud brrrrrrt. But nooooooo you wouldn't listen. Now I have to wait for the pre order. Arrrrrrg.

Comment

• I just watched the unboxing video from RC Informer of the FMS A-10, man I cannot wait to get the Freewing version!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                        I just watched the unboxing video from RC Informer of the FMS A-10, man I cannot wait to get the Freewing version!
                                        It should be even better experience ...................... like they say ...................... All the juice and none of the seeds. :Smug:

Comment

• Well i thought i would give everyone more eye candy. This is my Wowplanes A10 with twin 90mm HETS on 6s. 20lbs worth of foam and the wing was the weak point so im waiting to pre-order my replacement ride. Already got Callie graphics coming also.

Comment

Working...
                                          X