X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
    LOL! Honestly, I was already sold on this, but seeing it in person officially seals the deal.
    Lucky dog... tell us more?

Comment

• Looking so forward to adding this one to the hanger. I even got OV10 to take a non-warbird:Don't-tell-Anyone:off my hands to open up a hanger slot for the A-10:Cool:.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Lucky dog... tell us more?
        The sheer size of this jet is just one thing that's so impressive. It's impossible not to be a showstopper at the field, especially since there has never been a foam 80mm A-10 (or 90mm capable). The details are fantastic, and the sizing of various structures look like the real thing. I took a good look at the stock nacelles to visualize 90mm EDF's in the new nacelles that they'll offer. Thankfully, the 90mm capable nacelles are the same size on its outer structure, so they'll look the same from a scale outline. The inside structure looks to have plenty of foam for an extra 10mm diameter EDF to drop in great. The exhaust cones will be a larger size for the larger EDF, of course, and that may take away from the look a bit. The full-size A-10 has very small exhaust cones, so the smaller 80mm exhaust cones will provide a bit more of a scale look. Clearly, the homework was done well on the thrust line with the nacelle angle, exhaust cone angle, etc. to allow this jet to have a more neutral elevator instead of the typical upward deflection often seen on model A-10's, even very expensive turbine models. This should also pair well with inverted flight and not running out of elevator deflection and feeling like an absolute boatload of elevator pressure needs to be held for level flight. The battery bay has monsterous room for batteries, receiver, and electronic accessories. I personally like the overall shape of the foam canopy with its rounded edges at the front, as it doesn't take away from the look of the nose of the jet unlike some A-10's I've seen. The wing structure is rigid and well designed for its size, and looks to hold up incredible well under high G conditions, and seeing the removable weapon pylons was great for convenience, simplicity, and variety of loadout on the fly for any given flight. The landing gear on this bird looks incredibly sturdy and absorbs some massive uneven terrain with the long trailing links and large diameter wheels. I'd take function like this any day over a 100% scale gear. There are so many folks that do not have a paved or perfectly groomed runway, and this is where this jet will shine and adds another selling point for this type of durability and versatility.

On two 5000mah LiPo's, the performance on the stock 80mm 9-blade power system was very impressive with plenty of vertical ability and forward speed for most folks, yet it could still fly incredibly slow and stable abd glide around. With a big bird like this it almost seems impossible when it hasn't been seen, but sure enough it does it just fine. The moment I picked up the jet, I was a bit shocked how light it was for its size. I was just expecting a much heavier aircraft. For me personally, seeing the performance of the stock jet on 5000mah batteries, and feeling its weight, I wouldn't even think about using 4000mah. With the plane flying that well, having such a wide flight envelope, maintaining a hell of a solid wing structure on high G turns, I feel confident enough to use batteries of that capacity and average weight with no noticeable adverse effects.

If this jet comes in anywhere near a PNP price of $499 like was mentioned previously, it's an absolute bargain just like the Avanti at $299 PNP pre-order. I'm looking forward to seeing the production version and it's paint job, added changes, pilot figure, etc. So far, I'm really impressed and expect to be even more so when the production version is released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
          Looking so forward to adding this one to the hanger. I even got OV10 to take a non-warbird:Don't-tell-Anyone:off my hands to open up a hanger slot for the A-10:Cool:.
          Me with my third non warbird :wacky must of been a relapse moment thinking you were Drew Carey cause the Price was Right :Silly:
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The sheer size of this jet is just one thing that's so impressive. It's impossible not to be a showstopper at the field, especially since there has never been a foam 80mm A-10 (or 90mm capable). The details are fantastic, and the sizing of various structures look like the real thing. I took a good look at the stock nacelles to visualize 90mm EDF's in the new nacelles that they'll offer. Thankfully, the 90mm capable nacelles are the same size on its outer structure, so they'll look the same from a scale outline. The inside structure looks to have plenty of foam for an extra 10mm diameter EDF to drop in great. The exhaust cones will be a larger size for the larger EDF, of course, and that may take away from the look a bit. The full-size A-10 has very small exhaust cones, so the smaller 80mm exhaust cones will provide a bit more of a scale look. Clearly, the homework was done well on the thrust line with the nacelle angle, exhaust cone angle, etc. to allow this jet to have a more neutral elevator instead of the typical upward deflection often seen on model A-10's, even very expensive turbine models. This should also pair well with inverted flight and not running out of elevator deflection and feeling like an absolute boatload of elevator pressure needs to be held for level flight. The battery bay has monsterous room for batteries, receiver, and electronic accessories. I personally like the overall shape of the foam canopy with its rounded edges at the front, as it doesn't take away from the look of the nose of the jet unlike some A-10's I've seen. The wing structure is rigid and well designed for its size, and looks to hold up incredible well under high G conditions, and seeing the removable weapon pylons was great for convenience, simplicity, and variety of loadout on the fly for any given flight. The landing gear on this bird looks incredibly sturdy and absorbs some massive uneven terrain with the long trailing links and large diameter wheels. I'd take function like this any day over a 100% scale gear. There are so many folks that do not have a paved or perfectly groomed runway, and this is where this jet will shine and adds another selling point for this type of durability and versatility.

On two 5000mah LiPo's, the performance on the stock 80mm 9-blade power system was very impressive with plenty of vertical ability and forward speed for most folks, yet it could still fly incredibly slow and stable abd glide around. With a big bird like this it almost seems impossible when it hasn't been seen, but sure enough it does it just fine. The moment I picked up the jet, I was a bit shocked how light it was for its size. I was just expecting a much heavier aircraft. For me personally, seeing the performance of the stock jet on 5000mah batteries, and feeling its weight, I wouldn't even think about using 4000mah. With the plane flying that well, having such a wide flight envelope, maintaining a hell of a solid wing structure on high G turns, I feel confident enough to use batteries of that capacity and average weight with no noticeable adverse effects.

If this jet comes in anywhere near a PNP price of $499 like was mentioned previously, it's an absolute bargain just like the Avanti at $299 PNP pre-order. I'm looking forward to seeing the production version and it's paint job, added changes, pilot figure, etc. So far, I'm really impressed and expect to be even more so when the production version is released.
            Awesome T-CAT. Thank you for the additional insight. I plan to use twin Roaring Top 5800's in mine. Working on finalizing my powder canon for it and I already have a Shockwave2 sound module that I will be playing with the programming and sound files on. I am almost ready to mock up the sound module and canon together so they work in unison. I also have my JHH pilot figure ready to go as well. In the meantime I just finished putting together a Stinger 90 on a JP 8S fan that is ready for maiden. Fun times.

Comment

• I see that the Avanti has a preorder special price on it..........would be awesome if the same happens for this Hog ;) :)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• This should be a record preorder day by the looks of things! And Nefi is going to be something you won't want to miss if all these new types show up.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Alpha, is it safe to assume that the two 6s 5000 batteries will plug in separately like the P-38 or is it a different configuration ? I use 6s 5000 batteries for many of my planes so it could work out great that way, Brad BTW I hear the doppler effect talked about allot, is that another way of saying your dead before you hear the bullets?

Comment

• Downwindleg, I like your name, btw. The A-10 is setup to use two separate batteries, like the F-14, P-38, and F7F. Each battery goes into its own ESC/motor.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey Alpha when are you guys going to give us some spec's on this bird ? Are there still decision on mod's that will affect the final spec's and that why you have not released them yet ? Thanks

Comment

• Just had to share some more pictures from a great day at Apollo yesterday with Xplaneguy, Alpha, T-Cat and friends. Beautiful day for flying this gorgeous plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0296.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	662.1 KB
ID:	65282

Lined up on the centerline...

Name:	DSC_0173.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	690.6 KB
ID:	65287

Presentation pass!

Name:	DSC_0235.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	479.2 KB
ID:	65284

Easily could be mistaken for a real A-10 in this one...

Name:	DSC_0214.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	512.8 KB
ID:	65281

Final approach established...

Name:	DSC_0240.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	484.3 KB
ID:	65283

Faring just as a small gust caught the wing

Name:	DSC_0246.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	625.1 KB
ID:	65286

Back on the ramp, with a friend! :)

Name:	DSC_0279.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	571.7 KB
ID:	65285

Comment

• Amazing photos Sam! The A-10 looks nearly indistinguishable from the full scale in the air! Like everyone else, I'll have my finger over the pre-order..

Comment

• Originally posted by FastBob View Post
                            Hey Alpha when are you guys going to give us some spec's on this bird ? Are there still decision on mod's that will affect the final spec's and that why you have not released them yet ? Thanks
                            Hi FastBob, what specs are you looking for? We've posted quite a few as the model has been finalized. Wingspan, weight, ESCs, EDFs, battery type and configuration, gear type, wheel size, internal wing design/materials, fuselage assembly, pylon/ordnance attachment, wing attachment (video), flights without pylons/with pylons/with pylons+ordnance, scale factor, nacelle diameter, 90mm Nacelle layout, decal material, liveries from factory, liveries from Callie, possible tentative aftermarket options like sound and powder cannon, projected pre-order price, and an estimated pre-order month (this one).

If I missed anything feel free to ask and I'll cover it.

Thanks to you and all our other supporters!

Comment

• After 1194 posts it would be nice to have all that info in one post.

Comment

• Hey Alpha, that's perfect on the battery setup!!!! I'm glad you like the name. It comes from teaching at least 25 people how to fly over the years using the old box pattern for flying and for landing and the downwind leg was my favorite part. Thanks so much , Brad

Comment

• I updated the first post with the basics that have so far been confirmed. Thanks everyone!

Comment

• G'day alpha, just a quick one - about 4-5 ppl at my club are int in the a10, plus an Avanti and a few want the spitty. Just wondering if us Aussies use the pre-order or do we set it up like last time and I should email you separately with the details etc? Thanks mate. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam.MotionRC View Post
                                      Just had to share some more pictures from a great day at Apollo yesterday with Xplaneguy, Alpha, T-Cat and friends. Beautiful day for flying this gorgeous plane.
                                      Excellent photos Sam! Great seeing you and rest of the crew. We all had a ton of fun, and the weather was incredible (and a nice change from the recent bundle of rain we've had lately). I can't wait to see us all out there with dozens of A-10's. LOL

Comment

• Just sold my 64mm A-10 this weekend..in anticipation of getting this one.
                                        www.TSHobbies.com
                                        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Great flying with you all today. I had an absolute blast as usual.

Honestly, the A-10 and Avanti were the stars of the show today, and for good reason. The A-10 blew my mind with its impressive size, excellent lines, attention to detail, unbelievable PNP performance, the total cool factor, and the most impressive part for me......the gigantic wheels and beefy trailing link struts. They are absolute beasts, and even more impressive in person than they already are in pictures. All you grass and dirt strip folks are really going to appreciate this jet. Talk about an all out bang for buck versatile large twin, this A-10 delivers BIG, and delivers it with style and practicality at that. I am really looking forward to owning this jet, and the pre-order will be placed even if the darn thing opens up at 3am. LOL

Brrrrrrrtttttttt!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X