Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There doesn't like there will be a 12 blade option to purchase with the PNP plane. However, you can easily use the Freewing 80mm 12-Blade 1750kv or 1800kv motor outrunner power systems, or the Freewing 12-blade 1820kv motor inrunner power system as drop in units, and the Hobbywing ESC's coming with the PNP jet are 100A, so that leaves ample headroom on the max continuous limit. With the 90mm capable nacelles purchased separately, you can use the Freewing 12-blade 1450kv (used in the Stinger 90, Venom, F-18, etc.) motor outrunner power systems as well and still have plenty of headroom on the stock 100A ESC's (the 1550kv outrunner systems is pushing it on the the stock ESC's in my opinion).

Comment

• Thanks mate. Exactly what I wanted to know cheers. I like the sound they make... :)

Comment

• Hey Grossman 56, thanks much for the insight on posting pics. I'm still learning. BTW Twowingtj and T-cat, I,m a big fan of pretty much anything Italian but I've noticed , especially with lasagna and pizza, that they make my clothes shrink!!! Even more than beer.....go figure!:Silly: Anyway, hope you liked the pic. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

LOL, thanks! Lasagna.....my delicious weakness! It's like kryptonite. :Scared:

Here Here kitty kitty, LOLLOLOh im sorry.......I mean here Garfield, Dinner!!!! :Silly: Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	66665
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

• For photos, my method is clicking on the image icon... Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	66669

Then in the pop up window select the Upload tab and then the Choose File button... Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	12.8 KB ID:	66670

Select the image from your computer, then select the "Send it to the Server" button. Then this menu will appear... Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	26.5 KB ID:	66671

Select your alignment (usually Left) and Size (Full Size, you can always scale it down manually)...Click OK and walla! Click image for larger version  Name:	99b08678fe9c30aa72362d8ffe2e5c73_10-tankbuster-png-aircraft-a10-warthog-clipart_4797-2200.png Views:	1 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	66673
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• LOL, all you guys crack me up. We should have a massiv RC get together with all Italian food, Lasagna of course will be the star of the show :):Cool:, various pasta's (even filled types like stuffed shells), pizza, chicken parmesan......yeehaw! Sounds like a heck of a party I'd love to go to. Hahaha

Comment

• Wow Todd, there must be a reason your the web manager! Thanks for putting that together pictorially for a computer dummy like myself:Thinking: Was that A-10 the blowup version of the smiley? And yes, I walked down to my runway this morning during a brief pause in the rain, and it was ankle deep in spots!!:Rainning: Hey T-cat, I'm thinkin' manicotti is another one of those pudge pills, count me in!!:Cool: Back to the picture, outside of the Blue Angels or something, that's about the closest Heritage Flight formation I've ever seen to this day! Brad

Comment

• Lasagna made me hungry, but I didn't have any lasagna. So, I whipped up a batch of spaghetti with deer meat sauce.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Hey Oxotnik, I'm there with the venison. We have huge numbers of deer in our area. We mostly just grind it up with with 25% pork butt and there you are. They don't call it hunting here, with no natural enemies, it's known as harvesting, but I digress. Blue Skies, Brad btw my mom was born in Selma and grew up in Birmingham....green fried tomatoes anyone or maybe some hushpuppies?:Cool:

Comment

LOL, all you guys crack me up. We should have a massiv RC get together with all Italian food, Lasagna of course will be the star of the show :):Cool:, various pasta's (even filled types like stuffed shells), pizza, chicken parmesan......yeehaw! Sounds like a heck of a party I'd love to go to. Hahaha
                      As someone who is 1/2 Sicilian, I insist on being there to sample all forms of pasta and lasagna. And A-10s..

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                        Hey Oxotnik, I'm there with the venison. We have huge numbers of deer in our area. We mostly just grind it up with with 25% pork butt and there you are. They don't call it hunting here, with no natural enemies, it's known as harvesting, but I digress. Blue Skies, Brad btw my mom was born in Selma and grew up in Birmingham....green fried tomatoes anyone or maybe some hushpuppies?:Cool:
                        BBQ chicken with white sauce...

Venison is good eating. We also have a bunch of ground sausage from the feral hogs that are over-running Texas. My father-in-law and brother-in-law keep our freezer well stocked with wild game. :-)
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• I've been doing allot of research on both the operable canopy and the speed brakes/ decellerons. Just wondering, Jpinn, if you have anything to contribute along these lines? And Tom, I've got video now of the LX A-10 canopy function both with and without the canopy. Hope to post soon, Brad

Comment

There doesn't like there will be a 12 blade option to purchase with the PNP plane.
                            If true that is extremely disappointing.

Comment

• As xplaneguy said...

"...I'm very impressed by the 9 blade performance, sound, and efficiency....a great choice, if that's the final answer for the production Hog."

I too would love a 12-14 blade setup but trust me, if Alpha went with a 9 blade instead of 12, there is good reason for it. There's no aspect, nook or cranny of these models that are not analyzed beyond belief.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Looks like we have a lot of Italians in here and a lot of people who like Italian food. Woohoo! Sounds like a fun A-10 release party with Italian food LOL.

Comment

• You know the natives are getting restless when the thread topic turns to food. LOL
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hahaha, absolutely. Thinking about A-10's and food makes me like :Drooling:.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                      I've been doing allot of research on both the operable canopy and the speed brakes/ decellerons. Just wondering, Jpinn, if you have anything to contribute along these lines? And Tom, I've got video now of the LX A-10 canopy function both with and without the canopy. Hope to post soon, Brad
                                      I'll be watching Brad! As regards your field, time to bring out the float planes?
                                      Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

If true that is extremely disappointing.
                                        We are being presented with the largest, most beautifully-detailed, outstanding performing, and probably the most sought-after military jet by modelers at an extremely affordable price point. Being "extremely disappointed" because there aren't 12-blade fans is a little harsh, especially knowing how much time and effort went into the planning and testing of this plane. As others have said, many fan/blade combinations were tested during development and the 9-blade fan was chosen due to many factors. Speed, performance, amp draw, flight times, and sound. It is going to have the whoosh we've all become spoiled with (myself included)? No, it won't. But I 100% trust Alpha, Xplaneguy, and everyone else who had input into this plane as to why they went with the equipment they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          Yes Alpha is currently in the Far East as you say. Nothing official but I would expect the pre-sale for this A-10 to go live within the next 30 days.
                                          A pasta/plane party would be a blast. With this long of a wait, there will likely be a few stray topics. We natives are an impatient lot you know....especially where it concerns the next "fix" for our addiction.

Comment

Working...
                                          X