X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
    Thanx for the heads up on those wing bags,T-Cat. Ordered a set for myself. I know how quick a good thing disappears from the HK line-up. I also stocked up on "Reflectix" insulation, that I've already used on a few wing-bags, and stabilizer covers. I can see a "HAWG-FEST" coming in June......
    My pleasure! I hope they work out great. I'm looking forward to testing them.

Comment

• Knock,Knock, anybody home? Just wondering if everybody slipped into a parallel universe or just putting your feet in the blocks waiting for the preorder button. Anyway, here's a cool head on shot of an A-10 in Bulgaria. Notice the picture distortion at the curved wingtips from the vortices. Brad

Comment

• Oh yea!, You mind if i plunder your pic and use it on my desktop? Love it. Good pic of load out also with 2 Mav's, a Lantirn and a Winder on the rail.

Comment

• Hey sam51401, no problem. In fact, if you go to Airplane Pictures 78-0621 on line,you can get a better copy. The definition on this shot is remarkable(I'm tired of awsome), Brad

Comment

• Im looking over the great pics that Sam took and really gets me thinking and wondering what simple tricks and hints can be divulged on your finishing techniques and what you did to achieve that great look. Did you post any info in prior pages by any chance? Im so wanting to get my hands on one as does everyone else following and looking for that elusive preorder button. Thanks Sam for the great pics and to Alpha and xplaneguy for their in-depth coverage.

Comment

• Thanks for pointing me to that site Brad. Lots of good pics of the Hog for sure and looks to be the most current and to be better than the airliners.net site.

Comment

• I just went back through the first 15 pages of the thread and noticed that a lot of pics seem to be missing. Was this a result of the server crash that happen a while back? I was looking for pics of when the hog had the improved paint scheme applied and find some finishing techniques if any were posted.

Comment

• Yes, unfortunately. There really weren't any pictures posted of the finishing techniques used that I recall.

Comment

• Pre shading is key to make it look realistic
                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Here's a shot I took myself back in 2005. It's obviously a very close formation shot I took at Reno. The pilot of the P-51 is a friend of mine named Bill Andres who you used to live in the San Juan Islands and was among other things, an Apollo astronaut. He flew around the moon in Apollo 8 and BTW the pilot of the Hawg is his son. I sent him this picture back then and he loved it so much that he sent me a picture he took of an earthrise over the lunar landscape!!!! I would have posted it sooner but it took quite awhile to recover it from my old computer and ,being a purist, this is straight out of the camera. Just thought I'd throw that out there while we're twiddling our thumbs waiting for that preorder button to materialize. Brad oops,don,t know how to back out the smaller shots!

Comment

• Wow that's amazing Brad! Not too many can say they are friends with an astronaut...And the A-10 makes the P-51D look like a model!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey Todd, sorry about the multiple images. I wanted to increase the size for better detail but then couldn't figure out how to delete the smaller pictures without deleting the whole damn thing!! My bad. Anyway, Maj. General USAFR William Anders is now a spritely 84 years old and has a great little air museum at Skagit Regional Airport that includes that P-51 Val Hala, named after his wife Valerie. It's right on the way to the San Juan Island Ferry dock, so if you come up to fly with us on the island this spring/summer, you can stop into the air museum and check out the cool collection. Also, if you ask the docent or Bill's son Greg if you can go up to Bill's office, you will see that framed picture that I posted hanging on his wall. Blue skies, Brad P.S. I'm all ears if someone wants to tell me how delete the other images from the post

Comment

• That sounds fantastic Brad...Just wondering if we have to build an Ark just to make it to Summer!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Nothing new from Alpha lately. Guess he's in the Far East giving his final OK on the production run on this A-10 and no doubt checking out some of the next round of upcoming offerings.

Hopefully, he'll give the green light for the pre-order to open soon. :a10

In the meantime, it's cold here, and the Mrs. has put together a big pan of lasagna for dinner. I'll eat a slab for you T-Cat:Cool:

Comment

• Yes Alpha is currently in the Far East as you say. Nothing official but I would expect the pre-sale for this A-10 to go live within the next 30 days.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Are you guys monitoring the FMS thread on rcgroups? I realize it's a very small sample size but wow lots of problems with their first shipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                    Hey Todd, sorry about the multiple images. I wanted to increase the size for better detail but then couldn't figure out how to delete the smaller pictures without deleting the whole damn thing!! My bad. Anyway, Maj. General USAFR William Anders is now a spritely 84 years old and has a great little air museum at Skagit Regional Airport that includes that P-51 Val Hala, named after his wife Valerie. It's right on the way to the San Juan Island Ferry dock, so if you come up to fly with us on the island this spring/summer, you can stop into the air museum and check out the cool collection. Also, if you ask the docent or Bill's son Greg if you can go up to Bill's office, you will see that framed picture that I posted hanging on his wall. Blue skies, Brad P.S. I'm all ears if someone wants to tell me how delete the other images from the post
                                    The easiest way to post the size of picture you want is to use the attachment icon at the top of the post section (where you type a post) It's the one beside the A and the smiley face. Then, just scroll to the pic you want to post and select it, once it's uploaded, you can choose the size you want to attach to your post. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6821.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	66629 small Click image for larger version

Views:	479
ID:	66630 medium Click image for larger version

Views:	523
ID:	66631 large Click image for larger version

Views:	261
ID:	66632 fullsize

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Hope that helps

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        Nothing new from Alpha lately. Guess he's in the Far East giving his final OK on the production run on this A-10 and no doubt checking out some of the next round of upcoming offerings.

Hopefully, he'll give the green light for the pre-order to open soon. :a10

In the meantime, it's cold here, and the Mrs. has put together a big pan of lasagna for dinner. I'll eat a slab for you T-Cat:Cool:
                                        LOL, thanks! Lasagna.....my delicious weakness! It's like kryptonite. :Scared:

Comment

• Just wondering... will there be a 12 blade option for this plane? Anyone know? Cheers.

awesome pics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X