Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are some"SICK,TWISTED,INDIVIDUALS on this site......Feels like a Family Reunion LOL.!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post

In reality, I'd say there's only going to be 200 - 300 people who actually are going to preorder this thing the moment the button goes live. The thread here and on RC Groups only has a few dedicated folks that check it regularly and when you add the "lurkers" to that count, you're not talking about anywhere near enough traffic to overwhelm an e-commerce site. I think the biggest crush of traffic is going to come the next day, when people finally get around to checking their email or Facebook accounts. The moment it goes live? It's like our club motto Dave.... "It'll Be Fine." LOL
      And just where did our club motto originate?:Thinking:?

Comment

• Aros, you are bad! lol

Comment

• !!!!!!!!!!!!KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS MY WARTHOG!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
            O.K.here are some scratchings that might help clarify what I was talking about on post #1353. Hope that helps and like I wrote, I am not an artist but I have a dream! BTW Aros your post reminds me of Lucy with the football holding it for Charley BrownLOLaaaaauuuugggghhhh! and xplaneguy, one for all and all for one, Brad
            Brad, that drawing is excellent- ya got some skills man! I pretty much understood from your description and certainly do now what you have in mind and sure can't think of anything better. I think the real challenge will be figuring out the mounting of the mechanism- spacing and geometry- so it works. Taping things in place at first will probably be advisable, you reckon? I wonder how close the LX canopy is in size/shape to the FW? I don't know it's scale. Sure would be easier to just use the whole thing and modify the frame as you've discussed.
            Tom

Comment

• Hopefully the parts are right behind, if not shipped with the plane. I'm ordering a canopy, If available? With the plane. For me, this is a must have mod. Bomb drop would be okay! But to be Taxiing back from a sortie and open up the Canopy? I'd be like--------

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I have a functional (ready to install in a plane) unit that has performed well in bench testing. Just need a plane to put it in. I am going to be driving it through a Shockwave2 sound module, at this time, synchronized to fire the canon for about a second and then play the sound file, all with the toggle of a switch. I also purchased the software to manipulate and control the timing and tweak the sound file if I desire so the only piece missing is the A-10. I will probably be setting it up soon to get it to all to work together in anticipation of the A-10 arriving.
                Since you are driving it from a Shockwave2 system, does it have the newest release Brrrrt sound mentioned earlier in the thread, and what do you think of the sound?
                All this teasing us is making me want to spend some money ;)
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Fellow Warthog enthusiasts,
                  I want to thank everyone for patiently waiting for our new Freewing A-10 to be made available for pre-order. We have a team at Freewing today and next week finalizing a few details, and once that work is complete I will approve the plane for pre-order and publish it on our website. Please note, this pre-order will be made available in advance of the final production and container shipment due to extraordinary demand for this aircraft. We typically only offer pre-orders once an aircraft has left the factory (this ensures the most accurate ETA), but we have received a significant number of requests to offer an early pre-order for those customer wishing to secure a model from the first production run. As always, we will do our very best to publish the most accurate ETA with the information we have available. Just please understand that the ETA could change slightly until the model has actually left our factory. Stay tuned to this thread and the coming soon section on our website for up to the minute info on the A-10 pre-order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post
                    Fellow Warthog enthusiasts,
                    I want to thank everyone for patiently waiting for our new Freewing A-10 to be made available for pre-order. We have a team at Freewing today and next week finalizing a few details, and once that work is complete I will approve the plane for pre-order and publish it on our website. Please note, this pre-order will be made available in advance of the final production and container shipment due to extraordinary demand for this aircraft. We typically only offer pre-orders once an aircraft has left the factory (this ensures the most accurate ETA), but we have received a significant number of requests to offer an early pre-order for those customer wishing to secure a model from the first production run. As always, we will do our very best to publish the most accurate ETA with the information we have available. Just please understand that the ETA could change slightly until the model has actually left our factory. Stay tuned to this thread and the coming soon section on our website for up to the minute info on the A-10 pre-order.
                    I think I just wet myself ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post
                      Fellow Warthog enthusiasts,
                      That's for the update and I'm happy to report I have complete bladder control.
                      Again Thanks for the effort you all put into this.
                      Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Think I'm in need of some depends! Man, Aros had me #2ing myself last night with that shot on the webpage. Now Mark has me darkening my britches a bit. :) So here's what I think! I think that everyone who's been in the "Ready Reserve room" for 1/10 scale A 10 Pilots! talking up this bird, and now and again some amazing Italian food. Should automatically be placed on the She's Yours Pre Order "Waved In" List! Cause we've been talking about it for so long, we're gunna go Bingo soon! ;)

Comment

• Woohoo. Hopefully not long now then.. thanks for the update. :)

Comment

• Awesome! Thanks for the incredible effort on these new releases. It definitely doesn't go unnoticed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Brad, that drawing is excellent- ya got some skills man! I pretty much understood from your description and certainly do now what you have in mind and sure can't think of anything better. I think the real challenge will be figuring out the mounting of the mechanism- spacing and geometry- so it works. Taping things in place at first will probably be advisable, you reckon? I wonder how close the LX canopy is in size/shape to the FW? I don't know it's scale. Sure would be easier to just use the whole thing and modify the frame as you've discussed.
                              Tom
                              Thanks for the feedback Tom. I never know, when trying to put into words, how well the reader can visualize what I'm writing. That's why I drew this out and labeled allot of items because I'm just takin' a shot at descriptions of certain parts. At least this crude drawing gives everyone interested, a common reference point for future discussions. Anyway, I know that the LX A-10 is considerably smaller than the new Freewing which is 1/10 scale +or -. Based on wingspan, I'm thinking the LX A-10 is 1/11 scale +or_. That said, I think with some tweeking, as you say,of the height, spacing, and geometry, we can arrive at a workable setup that can be shared with everybody. Taping things in place or screws with slots for adjustment will definitely be needed. I figure there will be at least one sacrifice canopy/upper cockpit in the process but that's OK. We are reverse engineering this thing for the sake of scale and pure cool.:Cool:There's always the chance that some other contributor will come up with a whole different approach which I invite. Wouldn't it be cool if ,for once, we the hobby guys collectively came up with a rough design that Alpha and the boys and girls at Motion could turn into a viable upgrade?:Ligthbulb:Just thinking out loud again, Brad P.S. Tell me that's not you in the picture Clearblue! And Mark,I deffinitely caught cloth on that one!

Comment

• Hahaha, Brad not anymore! This is a little more current. P.S. parts are on the way! Thanks again.

Comment

• Exciting news Mark! This A-10 is so worth the wait and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone will do with their Hogs. I'm currently on preorder standby....for however long it takes! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Since you are driving it from a Shockwave2 system, does it have the newest release Brrrrt sound mentioned earlier in the thread, and what do you think of the sound?
                                    All this teasing us is making me want to spend some money ;)
                                    I am in the process of finishing up cleaning 10 years of junk out of my basement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170317_204056.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	67810

It should be done this weekend as it is supposed to rain tomorrow so I can't really fly anyway. When I am done I plan to start playing around with the Shockwave2 sound module and powder canon to get them functioning together how I want while waiting for the plane to arrive. Since getting the sound card I have not had a chance to fire it up yet (Ha!) but I did receive a sound sample of the modified new gun sound from David and there is less background echo. I believe the original sound came from an indoor test of the gun but it has a good amount of sound strength to it. Hard to tell how it will sound until it is actually tested on a flying model at a distance. I did go ahead and purchase the software needed to modify the sound files and set delays for triggering the additional outputs as well. In otherwords, I should be able to drive the canon from the sound module outputs which will simplify my setup. One switch to set it all in motion and no mixing in the radio. The powder canon needs some refining that can only come with flight testing but it puts out an ample amount of powder, perhaps almost too much and once installed in the plane I will know better how easy/difficult it is to refill and if additional improvements are needed or not. I really want to get some time on it to see how reliable it will be as some earlier solenoids I tested would not seal consistently.

Comment

• Dang, with all these planes on preorder, Motion may not need a warehouse in the near future!!
                                      Oh yeah, spare parts, I forgot;)

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Clearly getting excited about the forthcoming pre-order of this beast. Thanks for the update Mark.

Comment

• Yep, there was a little incontinence over here! Thanks Mark, will be waiting next week!

Comment

Working...
                                          X