• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9499.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	66742Gotcha, yet another way to post, thanks Todd!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      As xplaneguy said...

"...I'm very impressed by the 9 blade performance, sound, and efficiency....a great choice, if that's the final answer for the production Hog."

I too would love a 12-14 blade setup but trust me, if Alpha went with a 9 blade instead of 12, there is good reason for it. There's no aspect, nook or cranny of these models that are not analyzed beyond belief.

I must have have missed his post, after 1254 posts it's impossible to remember it all.

i just don't want it to sound like my vacuume cleaner. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
        Being "extremely disappointed" because there aren't 12-blade fans is a little harsh, especially knowing how much time and effort went into the planning and testing of this plane
        That's exactly why i would be disappointed, with all the work that went into it to then have it sound like a high pitch vacuum would kill it for me. Spending a couple of hundred more to get a better sound probably isn't something I would do. At that point I'd buy a different plane that I want.

if it has good sound then I'll be very happy and be one of the first to preorder.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Thats exactly why i would be disappointing with all the work that went into it to then have it sound like a high pitch vacuume would kill it for me. Spending a couple of hundred more to get a better sound probably isn't something I would do. At that point I'd buy a different plane that I want.

if it has good sound then I'll be very happy and be one of the first to preorder.
          We've got to remember that the full scale bird uses a Torbo Fan, not a straight turbine. Having worked around C-141s that used the TF-33 engines that the A-10s motors are based on, they do have more of a whine than a turbine. I remember seeing a post by Alpha, I believe, that mentioned that they were trying to get that sound as part of the package.

Comment

• It's definitely not an obnoxious sound by any means, and sounds absolutely nothing like the 5-6 blade fans we were often used to hearing back in the day. The 9-blade fans this A-10 comes with is pleasant to hear, and has great performance. It does not have as prominent of whoosh sound you are used to with the other FW 80mm jets that have a 12-blade of course, but that's to be expected.

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys, I'm back to being excited.

Comment

• I love the way everyone kind of comes together on this forum when someone has an issue, misunderstanding,disappointment,etc.unlike some other forums I've seen. That's the way it is at my flying field and that's the way it should be in a forum. Nobody needs to talk down to anybody else or be dismissive . It's a brotherhood and we're here to have fun:Cool:Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

We've got to remember that the full scale bird uses a Torbo Fan, not a straight turbine. Having worked around C-141s that used the TF-33 engines that the A-10s motors are based on, they do have more of a whine than a turbine. I remember seeing a post by Alpha, I believe, that mentioned that they were trying to get that sound as part of the package.
                  I too worked on C-141 in the Airforce at Mcguire AFB in the late 80's. The 33's did wine. :Cool:
                  AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

I too worked on C-141 in the Airforce at Mcguire AFB in the late 80's. The 33's did wine. :Cool:
                    But it was such a sweet wine. Getting ready to turn & burn some 33's at McGuire on a late winter night. Click image for larger version

Name:	16473502_1465991820078022_4297788364423731840_n.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	66791

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

RRHandy and afjetmech, I was crewchief for both C-141s and C-5s at Travis AFB for many years. My wife was a jet eng mech at TAFB as well. Used to love doing TRT engine runs. Makin' some noise....

Comment

• Originally posted by afjetmech View Post

But it was such a sweet wine. Getting ready to turn & burn some 33's at McGuire on a late winter night. Click image for larger version

Name:	16473502_1465991820078022_4297788364423731840_n.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	66791
                        Hey afjetmech…thank you for your service Mr! I used to do be an Army Vulcan gunner in Cold War Germany 83 - 85. When the weather was horrible, we used to practice 'combat emplacement crew drills' in and around the hangers at Ramstien and Bittburg AFBs'. I always envied those Eagle Drivers! I see you are in Rocky Mount NC…me just off of I95 in Selma NC, and I worked as an A&P at Aircare at RWI airport. We should touch base and do some RC flying this summer, eh?

Comment

• We actually used to shoot at ( super sized profile prop driven) RC sim. planes that looked like Soviet jet fighters and transport aircraft…sorry I don't have a pic of those, but here is one of me and my Vulcan circa 1984, live fire practice up at the North Sea, near Hamburg West Germany. Thanks to all my fellow vets out there for your service of any era, and God Bless the USA baby! Hoo-Yah! Click image for larger version

Name:	JJs Vulcan Cannon 1984.jpeg
Views:	405
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	66813

Comment

• I absolutely love all the veterans we have here posting. I'm honored and humbled, truly.
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• while I never got to do my dream job of being a pilot...I did get to drive targets !
                              Not my machine..(exwife did something with all the photos... yes, 35mm ..remember those! ) so I have none to show of mine.
                              www.TSHobbies.com
                              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Hey Todd, maybe you could take me through that same process for video. I've made several attempts to load these two video clips onto the thread with 0 success. I have a new computer and an old mind......not a good combination. But I did see all the cool bands!!! Thanks in advance, Brad

Comment

• For vid, just click the paper clip icon on the left, it'll ask you to paste the URL.

Comment

• Thanks Shirty, but these are my own videos-no link unless I'm missing something and it wouldn't be the first time STS Brad

Comment

• You may have to break down and make yourself a YouTube or Vimeo account. I don't think you can actually upload a video file directly to the forum (Pretty sure it would have to be a small one if it can be done).
                                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

RRHandy and afjetmech, I was crewchief for both C-141s and C-5s at Travis AFB for many years. My wife was a jet eng mech at TAFB as well. Used to love doing TRT engine runs. Makin' some noise....
                                        Ever have one jump chalks? Run baby run :Scared::Poo:.

Sorry all for the thread jacking.
                                        AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                                          You may have to break down and make yourself a YouTube or Vimeo account. I don't think you can actually upload a video file directly to the forum (Pretty sure it would have to be a small one if it can be done).
                                          Yeah, I don't think you can upload directly, the link only works with a external URL like bill says Vimeo or YouTube. It's free to create a account on both, but beware Vimeo has a 500mb size limit for uploads and requires a paid subscription to increase the size allowance. Most HD (and def 4K), needs more than 500mb so YouTube is prob the best option. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X