• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

RIP - Freewing 90mm F-16, 80mm Super Scorpion, F-5 & 64mm A-10; LX A-10
    Congratulations on making Ace!

Comment

• Ha ha, that made me chuckle Gringotuerto.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
        Ha ha, that made me chuckle Gringotuerto.
        Me too. LOL

Comment

• From the looks of it, I'll probably be ordering an extra canopy/hatch/ cockpit for experimenting with the operable canopy on rainy days:Rainning: when I can't be flying. That is, when I'm not in honeydo mode.:Sacred: Brad

Comment

• Thanks for the photos Alpha. They really do set the stage. Are there any pics of the electronics layout? How are the ESCs going to get cooled? Are they mounted in the nacelles? Any concerns about long wire leads?
            Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
              Thanks for the photos Alpha. They really do set the stage. Are there any pics of the electronics layout? How are the ESCs going to get cooled? Are they mounted in the nacelles? Any concerns about long wire leads?
              Thanks!
              No electronic issues according to Xplanes Tony

Comment

• Hurry up and get her done. So i can get my spitfire.
                Dewey l

Comment

• Just a quick reminder that this weekend's Los Angeles County Air Show at Fox Field in Lancaster has an A-10 Warthog demo scheduled for both Saturday and Sunday:

Comment

• Sure is quiet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Having Fun View Post
                      Sure is quiet...
                      Your relatively new to the Squawk and welcome but some of us seasoned ones are just plain worn out from our exuberance that some quiet vigilance is in order for now ;):)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• As i'm thinking...waiting..for the pre-order. Have a question for everyone. Thinking about batteries for this A-10 coming soon. When it comes to 6s batteries. All I have is the Admiral 4000 Pro in my inventory. Which i'm very happy with flying my F-86. Would you just get some more 4000's for the A-10 because of being able to use them in both the 86 & A-10?? Or buy some 5000s which you probably would only use in the A-10, and not the 86? I'm leaning towards more 4000...
                        Thanks,
                        Lon
                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                          As i'm thinking...waiting..for the pre-order. Have a question for everyone. Thinking about batteries for this A-10 coming soon. When it comes to 6s batteries. All I have is the Admiral 4000 Pro in my inventory. Which i'm very happy with flying my F-86. Would you just get some more 4000's for the A-10 because of being able to use them in both the 86 & A-10?? Or buy some 5000s which you probably would only use in the A-10, and not the 86? I'm leaning towards more 4000...
                          Thanks,
                          Lon
                          If you're already happy flying the 4000s in the 80mm series planes and don't plan on running hotter setups in the future (100 amps +), I'd just stick with the same size and keep it simple and universal for all your planes.

Nice and lightweight too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

If you're already happy flying the 4000s in the 80mm series planes and don't plan on running hotter setups in the future (100 amps +), I'd just stick with the same size and keep it simple and universal for all your planes.

Nice and lightweight too!
                            Agree, I would stick with the 4000s if that is what you have

I am fortunate in that I have 6s 5000mah already that I can share with A-10 and two other birds I have.

Now I need to pick up a nice deep cycle marine battery for the field. I killed my car battery last season.

Comment

As i'm thinking...waiting..for the pre-order. Have a question for everyone. Thinking about batteries for this A-10 coming soon. When it comes to 6s batteries. All I have is the Admiral 4000 Pro in my inventory. Which i'm very happy with flying my F-86. Would you just get some more 4000's for the A-10 because of being able to use them in both the 86 & A-10?? Or buy some 5000s which you probably would only use in the A-10, and not the 86? I'm leaning towards more 4000...
                              Thanks,
                              Lon
                              I fly Roaring Top 5800's in my F-86 all the time. They work great.

Comment

Thanks,
                                Lon
                                Hey Lon,
                                I had the same thoughts except it was my A-6 that set the standard for 6S sizing using the 4000's(non Pro) but after a little investigation on the "new" Admiral size lineup I've decided to go with 4500's.
                                Here's the comparisons: LxWxH
                                Old 4000 - 138x45x48 578g 12ga wire
                                New 4000 - 140x45x42 598g 10ga wire
                                New 4500 - 158x45x39 640g 10ga wire

The extra 18-20mm in length isn't even gonna bother me and the 2.2 ounces heavier is basically negligible on the A-6 which already has a AUW of 80oz.
                                Extend my flight time by a half min for the A-6 and get back a minute on the A-10 with 4500's versus 4000's.
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

All I have is the Admiral 4000 Pro in my inventory. Which i'm very happy with flying my F-86. Would you just get some more 4000's for the A-10 because of being able to use them in both the 86 & A-10?? Or buy some 5000s which you probably would only use in the A-10, and not the 86?
                                  I WAS running 4500's in my F-86 but I lost two of them in two crashes so they had to be replaced. I went with 5000's for the F-86 and they work just fine. I'm using them in the MIG 21 also and will be using them in the A-10.

I like the 5000 over the 4000 (or 4500) because of a little bit longer flying time.

Comment

• I'm standardizing on Admiral 5000s for my unbuilt Mig 21 and the pending A-10. I don't feel that the Admiral 5000s would be too much for the F-86. I was flying mine on the older Admiral 4500s and it was a nice trade off between weight and flight time.

Comment

• We're getting oooooh so close gents! While I can't say publicly the exact date of the pre-sale, just for fun I will offer two riddles that provide you a solid clue. I won't be able to confirm if you are right or wrong. Sorry to be coy but it beats twiddling thumbs.

LOL

Here's the first:

What day would tomorrow be if yesterday was the day after Thursdays tomorrow?
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Is that anything like the 2nd Tuesday of next week? :P
                                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Something tells me i should be checking the MRC website a bit more often on sunday! :):Confused:

Comment

Working...
                                          X