Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAFALR30 View Post
    Work completed.​
    RF, OUTSTANDING! Good to see interest in the Hawgs again. She's a beauty. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Again!?! One of my favorite planes! I have Hawgs of every size, and at least one gets flown everytime I fly. The Hawg is my emotional support animal.

Comment

• And I did something else: AGM-65 Maverick
        Attached Files

Comment

• RAFALR30 Your work is fantastic!

Comment

• Does anyone know how much the stock canopy weighs? Thanks
            Tolga
            Instagram: @_t01ga_
            YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8699.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	387744 I got the answer, 81g.
              My DirtyDee 3D printed cockpit weighs 196g.
              Attached Files
              Tolga

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                I got the answer, 81g. My DirtyDee 3D printed cockpit weighs 196g.
                T1, Nice work on the "DD" Cockpit, Sir.

Is that a Max Grueter Jet Pilot?

Lookin' good, regardless.

Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

T1, Nice work on the "DD" Cockpit, Sir.

Is that a Max Grueter Jet Pilot?

Lookin' good, regardless.

Best, LB
                  Thanks LB. The pilot is from Real Model Pilots.
                  Tolga

Comment

• Hello. I’m new to hobbysquawk and new to jets. Been flying RC since the mid 80s. I have enjoyed reading through this thread over the last couple weeks very much. You guys have done some great work! I maidened my new A-10 today. Wow I’ve got a lot to learn, thought I could fly anything. Set up airplane stock out of the box. Using SMC 6200s. Flew about 6:30. She flys like a dream, mostly. I definitely need to move the CG back. I was about 80mm. Going to try and get to 85mm without moving the control board.
                    I would really appreciate some pointers on landing this beast. I think I’m carrying too much speed on final so I will dedicate next flight to practicing landing configuration slow flight so I can get a better appreciation of the stall point. For the two approaches I shot on the maiden flight I was carrying about 40% throttle. Does this seem about right or should I aim for a higher angle of attack on decent with more thrust? I never felt like I got into a good nose high decent. I’m a real world CFI so feel free to throw technical jargon around but I would sure appreciate being talked through a landing if someone has the time. If this is the wrong place for this please point me the right direction.
                    Thanks!

Comment

• Corsec Welcome! Are you using the stock landing gear? What kind of a surface do you fly from? I have my CG at 88mm, I know other people who fly theirs at that CG as well. And the consensus is to change the gear so that all three are the same. I switched my nose gear to match the mains because I fly from rough.dirt.

Search ArthurRc on utube, he has a few FW A10 videos that are worth the while!

Comment

• SanExup, thanks for the reply. I am flying from a very uneven grass strip built on an old landfill. So landings will always be a matter of some luck but I still like to control everything down to the last moment when I have to deal with the undulations. I got two more flights in today after moving the control board so I could shift CG back to about 85mm. Tremendous difference. No crazy bounces. Stock landing gear setup for now. Nice nose high touchdowns. Probably will shift CG back a touch more as I get more comfortable with the plane. Both flights I focused on slow flight and approaches. I have to say I am truly impressed with the SMC LiHV 6200 batteries. Making 6:30 flights right now and landing with better than 50% remaining. Of course these flights are low throttle but I like what I’ve seen so far. I will definitely check out the youtube recommendation. Thanks again!

Comment

• Hello,
                          I grounded my A-10 and would like to get a replacement for it.

1. As freewing is currently upgrading their 80mm EDF-models to the new 3658 2150KV motors, do you think there is a chance, they upgrade the A-10 anytime soon as well?
                          e.g. the 80mm MIG-29 is already upgraded.
                          2. If they do an upgrade, it would be great they'd upgrade the nose gear support (and basically the nose gear strut as well).

all the best!

Comment

• spcboarder Welcome to Hobby Squawk. I have not read anything to suggest there will be an upgraded Freewing A-10. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsec View Post
                              SanExup, thanks for the reply. I am flying from a very uneven grass strip built on an old landfill. So landings will always be a matter of some luck but I still like to control everything down to the last moment when I have to deal with the undulations. I got two more flights in today after moving the control board so I could shift CG back to about 85mm. Tremendous difference. No crazy bounces. Stock landing gear setup for now. Nice nose high touchdowns. Probably will shift CG back a touch more as I get more comfortable with the plane. Both flights I focused on slow flight and approaches. I have to say I am truly impressed with the SMC LiHV 6200 batteries. Making 6:30 flights right now and landing with better than 50% remaining. Of course these flights are low throttle but I like what I’ve seen so far. I will definitely check out the youtube recommendation. Thanks again!
                              I know this is a late reply, but having flown this since release from grass, may have some sage words for you. You've found a slightly aft CG useful and could go back another 5mm with no issues. It will reduce the thrust induced nose down this model has as it rotates at stock CG.
                              I would buy the optional straight main gear as a matter of urgency. The scissor link mains cause it to steer like a shopping trolley on grass. It will swerve one way and then the other on grass. I replaced, tightened, trimmed until the cows came home with the stock mains, all to no avail. When I fitted the straight legs it became a new model. Another benefit is that if you touch down with too much of a vertical element and bounce back into the air, it will likely be more level and easy to go around. The well documented bronco bounce you will have read about is caused by the stock main gear and is exacerbated by bumpy grass in my opinion.
                              A10's can still fly if it looks like it's moving, so coming in flat and low will give more consistent arrivals. Lifting the nose and carrying an aggressive carrier approach and drop relies on a perfectly timed flair to not bounce. Easy with an F22, F4, Typhoon etc but a more traditional landing is better here and it sounds like you have that sussed.

The stock gear is not a true trailing link and the geometry of the landing gear changes as they move back and forth, this does not happen with a trailing link. So, even though some people suggest changing the gear so they are all the same type, I tactfully say I don't agree based on my success with the straight mains. edit, all straight is good, but all trailing not so good.

I hope this info finds you well and welcome to the club. This is a great model, fast, slow, tough and knife edges like a dream. Flies on lipos ranging 1.1kg to 2kg.

Comment

• With the straight mains is that not all the same type?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                  With the straight mains is that not all the same type?
                                  Yes, reading back, my post should have specified that all straight is my preferred option. Changing to the optional trailing nose doesn't fix the issues that I think are caused by the stock mains.

Comment

• Alphonso, which 'straight' main gear struts and nose gear strut are you using? Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Alphonso, which 'straight' main gear struts and nose gear strut are you using? Best, LB
                                      they are on the upgrade parts list for this plane on the Motion site. I'm using the stock nose strut.

Comment

• Elbee
                                        Elbee commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Thank you. Best, LB

• Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20231028_182810273.jpg Views:	0 Size:	347.4 KB ID:	389753Flew my A-10 yesterday several times and i have to say its the BEST flying plane i have ever owned. It flies like a 60 size trainer if you want that or a fast mover once you put the coals to her. I am tempted to buy another one and leave it in the box just in case Motion moves on from it. The PNP is currently out of stock atm

Comment

• ElCid, Beautiful repaint, Sir. I concur with your sentiment, as well, though I cannot imagine MRC 'discontinuing' this airframe for any reason. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                        X