Views:	499
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	371590
    Attached Files
    Tolga
    Instagram: @_t01ga_
    YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Very nice setup, Tolga! I'm digging the clean wiring of the sound system, receiver, and ESC. Giving me ideas

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougcarr73 View Post
        Very nice setup, Tolga! I'm digging the clean wiring of the sound system, receiver, and ESC. Giving me ideas
        Thanks Doug. It really worth the effort aesthetically and makes battery installation a lot easier.
        Tolga
        Instagram: @_t01ga_
        YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Cockpit is finished.
          Now it's time for the assembly of the sound simulator.​
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by RAFALR30 View Post
            Cockpit is finished....
            RF, stunning work, Bravo Zulu. Sir. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• hello everyone i will get right to this. working like any other plane ive gotten flight ready i find i will have to add weight to the tail of my A10.At the 3-1/16" mark i balance almost 3/4" in front of the mark never mind 86mm that ive read is where others are putting CG I bought the plane as the bundle so you probably know the batteries Im using they are as far back as afforded I dont want to get this wrong any input is greatly appriciated.JAS

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffrey2599 View Post
                hello everyone i will get right to this. working like any other plane ive gotten flight ready i find i will have to add weight to the tail of my A10.At the 3-1/16" mark i balance almost 3/4" in front of the mark never mind 86mm that ive read is where others are putting CG I bought the plane as the bundle so you probably know the batteries Im using they are as far back as afforded I dont want to get this wrong any input is greatly appriciated.JAS
                You should not have to add any weight to this plane to balance it where it needs to be balanced. However, since you did not inidcate what kind and weight of battery you are using or how you have them placed and whether or not you've relocated the control board so the batteries can go much further back, it's hard to comment on what's going on with your situation. Many have detached the control board and shoved it way to the back space and this allows the batteries to go further back several inches.
                Buying this plane as a "bundle" doesn't tell us much. As far as I can recall, there is no "bundle". Motion may recommend a certain battery but it's your choice to buy those or not (most people likely don't) and if you bought this plane from other than Motion, people just use whatever batteries they happen to have or buy. Also, "as far back as afforded" is not much of an indicator of where your batteries are placed.

Comment

• OK so i have the 6s 6000 mah admiral packs going (manual)to try again today with the packs stacked in the rearmost posistion nothing has been moved in my plane so far Im not 100% sure where i got the 3-1/16 cg but i have it marked at 86mm as well Still a ways from flying in NE Oh anyway so plenty of time to have the jet I expect to break that bond with the ground with thanks for your response JAS

Comment

• Well what do you know right on the 86mm mark with packs stacked in rear location. maybe time to upgrade gear before maiden Thanks again for your reply xviper JAS

Comment

• The 3-1/16" came out of the manual and is the "recommended" CG. That equates to 78mm from the leading edge of the wing root near the fuselage. Balancing for this plane should be done upside down since it's a low wing plane. Not sure where you got the 86mm but that's a personal choice. Some people have chosen 10mm to 20mm further back than the recommended to suit their own flying style.
                      I see now where you got the "bundle". That is purely a marketing thing and it's up to the buyer to decide if they want to go with that or not. Those 6000mah Admirals are VERY heavy (900+g each) for this plane and thus, needs to be shoved back into the rear cavity as far as they will go and that means to relocate that control board and tidy up all that wiring. To make those work without adding weight, you must do some "home renovations" and modifications. "Stacking" may or may not be necessary. I use much, much lighter batteries and they are laid end to end starting well into the rear cavity.

Comment

• I got it to within 3/8" of 3-1/6 and it only gets slightly nose heavy creeping up on the mark so I like it short of buttoning it all up with straps and such she will leave the ground balanced JAS

Comment

I got it to within 3/8" of 3-1/6 and it only gets slightly nose heavy creeping up on the mark so I like it short of buttoning it all up with straps and such she will leave the ground balanced JAS
                          Try it and see what you think. Many owners have indicated that the balance point needs to be well aft of the recommended CG to reduce or eliminate the "kangarooing" upon landing. That kangarooing can quickly destroy the nose gear and other components if it gets really out of hand.

Comment

Well what do you know right on the 86mm mark with packs stacked in rear location. maybe time to upgrade gear before maiden Thanks again for your reply xviper JAS
                            I flew mine a bunch at 85mm with the stock gear, never had any issues landing it, no kangaroo hops or gear failure, just because everyone else is flying way aft CG doesn't mean you need to as well, the recommended is 78, some fly farther aft, go with 85-88mm for your maiden, you will be safe anywhere in that range.....

Comment

• Thanks for the input Decorsair good to know. This is my first electric in this size anyway I thought the bundle from motion would be a good setup anyway I didnt have any flight packs. the plane comes in at 14 lbs I hope my first bomb drop isnt the batteries out the bottom of the plane LOL

Comment

• I've got some of the hv lipos. Will they be ok to use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
                                  I've got some of the hv lipos. Will they be ok to use?
                                  That's what I plan to use from now on. Having used them in single battery applications and seeing how much ooomph the plane has, I'm going to use them in as many planes as I feel could use a bit of extra punch.

Comment

• What charger is everyone using for HV? I have a bank of four Hota D6 Pro dual AC/DC chargers plus two Accucell 8S chargers. It's a lot to swap over to HV.

Comment

• Haven’t I read about HVs not playing nice with some ESCs?

Also, the following charger supports HV. Note 100W max per channel. The charger self limits the charge current. Thus, for a 6S “normal” battery, 4 to 4.5 A is the max charge current per channel. Proven reliability even on hot days usage for tons of charge cycles.

-GG

Comment

• I use Revolectrix twin chargers - 1000watts/side. They have an HV setting.

Comment

• I use a SkyRC D400 from MRC. Does have the hv setting. Works good for me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X