X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    What charger is everyone using for HV? I have a bank of four Hota D6 Pro dual AC/DC chargers plus two Accucell 8S chargers. It's a lot to swap over to HV.
    I'm using the Progressive RC 4010 Duo Hardline Case that a friend "gave me" (for the moment anyway-nice to have "wealthy" friends, as he has 2) which has tons of power for charging/discharging/balancing and I absolutely love it. You can set the voltage for HiV at almost anything, 4.35 or more if you want to play with fire! It balances any "tough" to balance older packs that my 2 Prodigy 610 quad chargers have a time time with. And although the Prodigy's as nice and do charge HiV packs, they only charge to 4.3 volts.

In reference to any ESC's that don't work with HiV packs, The Castle ESC's need to be reprogrammed for it (as a 6S HiV pack registers as a 7S pack) and I've got 2 Freewing ESC that didn't work, one in an F-4 and the other in an F-18. Oddly enough, I have 2 of each of those birds and one F4 & F18 worked giving 6 beeps, the other didn't and we have to reprogram the low voltage cutoff of those that didn't. Don't ask me how, my computer genius buddy RudyD54 did it for me, as well as the Castle ESC.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Step by step. Work progress.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by RAFALR30 View Post
        Step by step. Work progress.
        RR, indeed...Gorgeous details & great work. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Work continued.
          Attached Files

Comment

Work continued.
            RR, Simply, great details and what a beautiful finish on the model. I'm smiling. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hello modelers.

I have a question.How much does your A-10 models weigh after modifications (repainting, 3d printed parts, other modifications):

- without batteries, pylons, armament

- with batteries (what type, factory) and without pylons, armament

- with batteries, pylons and armament (RTF)​

Comment

• Well got my maiden in today. Two flights little trim needed. Both flights used two HRB 5000 50c 6s. First flight lamed at 4.30 minutes with 40% in both pack.
                second flight I had to do a holding pattern while some other planes hogged the air space. 7 minute flight with 16% in both packs.
                she flies great, I am really happy.

Gravy

Comment

• Work, work, nice work.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Work, work, nice work.
                    RF, Nice work, indeed, Sir. Looking forward to more pictures as you progress. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Work, work, nice work.
                      Nice work there RAFALR30.
                      Love the pre-shading weathering and nice scale look!

-Dave

Comment

• Hey y’all! Just picked one of these up used :). Question: has anyone found a set of brakes for this plane? The biggest from JPHobby I’m finding are 65mm (4mm axel) but no luck any bigger for the same axel size.

Comment

• Originally posted by harttvboy View Post
                          Hey y’all! Just picked one of these up used :). Question: has anyone found a set of brakes for this plane? The biggest from JPHobby I’m finding are 65mm (4mm axel) but no luck any bigger for the same axel size.
                          HB, I have not; however, I have thought about replacing the ESCs with 'thrust reversing' units. . Might be worth the time and monies, if brakes are what you need/want. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by ATCDave View Post

Nice work there RAFALR30.
                            Love the pre-shading weathering and nice scale look!

-Dave
                            I did airbrush shading for the first time. A lot of work but the result is very nice. Glad you like it. Thank you.

Comment

• The wiring harness that came with my Red Mig-29 has thrust vectoring included labeled V-1 & V-2, also there is another plug labeled Reverse brake?? There is one more wire in the factory installed wiring harness labeled UBEC / BEC. At this point I’ve decided on using a 10 channel Spektrum receiver all ports are now full.
                              Please help tell me what & how the reverse braking wire is used?
                              NOTE: No wiring diagrams or mention of receiver hookup is mentioned in the Manual.
                              Help if you can!
                              Thx
                              Lee​

Comment

• Has anyone turned the main landing gear around to take away the trailing link & take the bounce out of landings? If so has it worked?

Thanks

Comment

• This time I finished the AN/AAS-35 Pave Penny pod. Details made of what is in the drawer, of course: silicone bumper for drawers (painted black), diode housing, flat-faced LED, grey/silver adhesive foil. The housing of the head is a previously prepared "hoof" made of wood, on which I stretched a heated transparent plastic (package from a food product).
                                  I will try to make AGM-65 Maverick missile warheads using a similar technique.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• RAFALR30, now that's some clever modeling. "We don't need no stinking 3D printer". Outstanding work, Sir. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8356.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	383286 Ok, nose gear experts, I need your thoughts…while taxiing back to the pits on my grass field the little white angle thingy on the strut door popped of, it’s still whole and thinking about glueing it back with the stuff Motion uses to glue the fuselage pieces together, or is there something better? Bigger problem, on takeoff roll I noticed it was hard to keep a straight heading it wanted to wander bad on the ground, when I investigated the nose gear strut is loose causing a left or right turn. The metal servo horn attached is rock solid , no movement just the strut itself. Before I start ordering partsbreak into the nose gear and start taking stuff apart I’d like to know what to look for.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• White tube glue, yes. Sounds like a loose set screw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurtzz View Post
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8356.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	383286 Ok, nose gear experts, I need your thoughts…while taxiing back to the pits on my grass field the little white angle thingy on the strut door popped of, it’s still whole and thinking about glueing it back with the stuff Motion uses to glue the fuselage pieces together, or is there something better? Bigger problem, on takeoff roll I noticed it was hard to keep a straight heading it wanted to wander bad on the ground, when I investigated the nose gear strut is loose causing a left or right turn. The metal servo horn attached is rock solid , no movement just the strut itself. Before I start ordering partsbreak into the nose gear and start taking stuff apart I’d like to know what to look for.
                                          Mine came off as well, I just drilled two tiny holes, one at the top and one at the bottom then I put some tiny little screws to hold it on, never had an issue after that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X