Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Hobby??? WOW Xviper - My eyes are WIDE open now - THANKS!! I've googled "Is X company real or legit" in the past and didn't get much real info but I sure did here. I had to open several links to find a rating that was more than 1-Star. Nuff said!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
      General Hobby??? WOW Xviper - My eyes are WIDE open now - THANKS!! I've googled "Is X company real or legit" in the past and didn't get much real info but I sure did here. I had to open several links to find a rating that was more than 1-Star. Nuff said!
      Google is odd that way. If one search doesn't yield results, you just have to change the question and try again. I remember many, many years ago, upstart shops like Banana Hobby, Nitroplanes and even HobbyKing had really, really crappy reputations. They satisfied a couple of customers to get the word out but the bulk of their customers got gooned. Given enough time, Banana Hobby and HobbyKing have improved immensely and have come a long way. Then there's Nitroplanes ........... well, that's a whole other story. You may find the odd customer who will stand by them, but on the most part, truly happy customers are hard to find. I was one of the early customers of Banana and I got gooned. Years later, I gave them another chance on something small and they did OK. They've been good since.
      As for General, they appear to be in California. You may or may not want to risk it. Maybe start with something really small?

Comment

• Ok i know this has been covered a lot but i just want to make sure I’m clear.

I fly from a paved runway and a relatively smooth geotech runway. To address the bounce issue i bought all 3 upgraded gear and swapped all 3 of them out. I just read on the other forum you should only swap the nose OR the mains, not both.

Doi need to go back and make a change? Or should the upgraded nose and mains be ok together? Thx!

Comment

• It's my understanding that you want to swap out either the nose or the mains but not both. I just upgraded my mains and kept the stock nose strut and so far so good.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Is it "recommended" or is it "necessary" to change one or the other but not both? I changed them both but haven't flown it yet. Weather has been too crappy. Changing both should be ok, right?

Comment

• I can't see why it would hurt if all 3 were upgraded?
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks guys. I’m just going to fly it on all 3 upgraded gear, bc yolo.

Comment

• Pretty cool. My fleet, hanging on the office wall.... Need to go home for a next flight ;-)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Sweet! I’m getting there.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post
                      Thanks guys. I’m just going to fly it on all 3 upgraded gear, bc yolo.
                      I was the one who said swap out either just the nose, or just the mains, but not both. In stock form the LG are a mixed bag. Nose is suspension strut and mains are trailing link. If you swap out just the nose then all will be trailing link. If you swap out just the mains all will be suspension.

Although I fly off pavement, I just swapped the nose and made them all trailing link. Has gone a long way to eliminating the bounce issue.
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                        I was the one who said swap out either just the nose, or just the mains, but not both. In stock form the LG are a mixed bag. Nose is suspension strut and mains are trailing link. If you swap out just the nose then all will be trailing link. If you swap out just the mains all will be suspension.

Although I fly off pavement, I just swapped the nose and made them all trailing link. Has gone a long way to eliminating the bounce issue.
                        Hey thanks for chiming in. So what’s the issue with a mixed bag setup? When i initially bought the upgraded gear it seemed they should be bought as a set. There wasn’t much guidance in the product description, just that they were supposed to eliminate the bounce.

Will the struts compress at a different rate if you have a mixed setup? I could see that being an issue but i can’t really think of anything else.

Thx!

Comment

• No particular strut set up, whether it be changing the mains or the nose or changing all of them to get another, but different, mixed combination, will "eliminate" the bounce. Some combinations, depending on the surface you fly off of, will "help" reduce or curtail the bounce. Some flyers don't require any change in the struts regardless of what the ground is like and they land this plane perfectly. Unfortunately, I am not one of those, however, with each landing, I'm getting better and I think even if I kept the struts stock, I would have eventually gotten better. Right now, I would say that 1 landing in 4, still get the bounce but that bounce is less and less each time.
                          It's like getting a cane to help walk better. Which one helps more than others? Is it the one with the 4 tennis balls for feet or the one with 3 tennis balls? Personally, even with the occasional sciatica flare up, I don't need no stinkin' cane.
                          :P

Comment

• This is very true xviper. Truth is, for the most part, good landing technique and follow through and you grease her every time. Problem is unless you are a Pro's Pro, most of us are not what you would call "consistent" as maybe we would like to be, hence why sometimes we bounce landings, and sometimes we grease them. So many variables in play...Focus, nerves, mental/physical state, applying proper stick management precisely at every stage, weather, ground surface conditions, etc...If all these conditions are favorable on a given flight, the landing reflects it. If they are not? Well my landings reflect that too. It makes it more interesting, and challenging. To overcome certain factors to set your model up for a great flight and landing. It's one of the many aspects of the hobby I really enjoy.

Well, until I Dumb Thumb something which ends in foam "popcorn". Those things are not very enjoyable, lol.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey, no problem, like aros says if you land well there are no issues. Weather is starting to look better in the midwest finally. Got two to maiden, the a10 and a f7f tigercat.

Comment

• Heading out to the field tomorrow with a crazy friend of mine. He believes there is no reason why his first plane shouldn't be the maiden of his new FW 80mm A-10, with the stock landing gear. I couldn't talk him out of it, nor talk him into changing the landing gear. I am bringing my HK Walrus with clipped wings to try and convince him to give it a whirl prior to destroying his beautiful new model! He's got more expendable income than common sense.

Comment

• Get video.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• If you zoom in on the picture you will see his and my A-10's one over the other.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                      Get video.

Mike
                                      I'll try, but he wants to hand me his radio so I can land it... if he gets that far into the flight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                                        If you zoom in on the picture you will see his and my A-10's one over the other.
                                        That's a van full.

Mike
                                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

That's a van full.

Mike
                                          Got to keep the horde exercised :)and I only get one day a week so, can't waste it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X