Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where am I supposed to connect from 8amp bec with 2 pins?

Comment

• Welcome to HobbySquawk!

Connect it to the battery port on your RX.
      Pat

Comment

• The next question will be .................. Then how do I bind it?

(The BEC powers the receiver. You need to plug it into any of the other ports first, then bind it. Once bound, remove power, plug the BEC into the bind/bat port or any open port you have left over after you plug everything else in.)

Comment

• Thanks. It was confusing at first. Appreciate your help!!

Comment

• Welcome Chkwoot! Have a great weekend...

Comment

• Hey guys, I took some airborne video today at another club's field (North Jackson Ohio Nighthawks) - they have a paved runway (it used to be a private airstrip) so that was a big luxury. I also flew the Phantom, Scooter, and F104 (too much fun) but I got this video of the A10 flying with a friend's FMS P51 for a little bit of formation work. The landing was slightly interesting, I touched down then carefully watch the nose gear, you'll see me raise it and then turn left to re-center the bird on the runway. This is the new trailing-link nose gear, but it wasn't really tested here (I made a good landing, no bounce).

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Good flight, but looks like your
                trailing-link nose gear is on backwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                  Good flight, but looks like your
                  You're right, it is.

Comment

• Yep, it's backwards. Flip that thing around MD!
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                      Hey guys, I took some airborne video today at another club's field (North Jackson Ohio Nighthawks) - they have a paved runway (it used to be a private airstrip) so that was a big luxury. I also flew the Phantom, Scooter, and F104 (too much fun) but I got this video of the A10 flying with a friend's FMS P51 for a little bit of formation work. The landing was slightly interesting, I touched down then carefully watch the nose gear, you'll see me raise it and then turn left to re-center the bird on the runway. This is the new trailing-link nose gear, but it wasn't really tested here (I made a good landing, no bounce).

Good job. And damn, I envy your runway! I would fly turbines all day long if I had that sort of thing nearby! :D
                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• A short video of taxiing around with the canopy in operation and the nerf whistles doing their thing. :Cool:
                        Tom

Comment

• Well I just don't know... here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RR3...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Looks and sounds great!

For adding videos here, click on the underlined A on the right side of the posting area, which toggles the Advanced Editor. Then in the 5th section from the right, the far right symbol is Insert Video. Click on that and you get a popup dialogue box. Then copy and paste the video URL into the box.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                              Good flight, but looks like your
                              OH geez. well, it worked OK but you guys are correct! Thanks, I'll fix it....
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• O.K. I'm having trouble,during the binding process, getting the motors to do anything but beep. I have the new IX12 radio and the A-10 will be the fourth plane I have bound and flown on this Spectrum radio. I have tried two different receivers to eliminate that issue. The radio says binding complete after pushing the bind button as usual with the bind plug in the proper port but the two motors just emit a slow steady beep each and don't arm. What am I missing?

Comment

• Is your BEC wire plugged into the RX?
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    Is your BEC wire plugged into the RX?
                                    Wouldn't get indication of good bind without RX power.

Possible the ESCs are plugged -/signal reversed, but color code of servos that work would point that out.

If the ESCs are Y'd, then one plugged backward into the Y would make both not work

Throttle channel reversed vs what the ESC expects would possibly be giving you the ESC programming entry beep sequence.

TX throttle range inadequate for what the ESC wants could fail to arm and give the periodic beep of the ESC not finding "valid" initialization value from the TX.

I probably forgot more...
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Thanks Pat and fhhuber. I'll have to get back to you on whether escs are Y'd and one reversed. I tried reversing the throttle channel but same result. BTW when I plug the batteries in, I do get the beacon and landing light but nothing else but the beeps.
                                      Brad

Comment

• What about your throttle trim? Is it all the way to the bottom? Some ESCs can tolerate the trim being in the mid-point, where all new model memories start of, but others think your throttle is too high for initialization. Throttle trim starting off in the middle was purely for gas engines where they have to idle. Electrics don't need to idle and the trim should always be lowered to the bottom.

Comment

• Good idea xviper. I pulled the trim all the way down and tried again but no joy. If nothing else works, I may pull the edfs out of my wrecked A-10 which are in good shape, and already have the whistles, just to see if there is some problem with the new motors. That won't likely happen 'til next weekend though.
                                          Brad

Comment

Working...
                                          X