Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	93.1 KB ID:	134291 One year old and still going strong with original equipment. I love this plane.
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Flew mine for the first time this season, with the newly added trailing link front strut. Landed it the same way I've always done BUT today, there was NO BOUNCE. This is the way I should have modded it from the very beginning. Great flying plane. Now a great landing plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
        Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	93.1 KB ID:	134291 One year old and still going strong with original equipment. I love this plane.
        I remember when you first got her finished after the release...it's a classic look and really nicely done! Rob

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	93.1 KB ID:	134291 One year old and still going strong with original equipment. I love this plane.
          Very Nice!

Woody

PS, I just received my 64mm A-10 today. Looking forward to putting it together, and flying. Figured if I like it, I'll go for the bigger one.

Comment

• Yeah that's an awesome scheme t33, I also remember when you first posted it ages ago, and it still looks sweet. Really nice mate

Comment

• Thanks shorty and Woody.
              I'm busy with the new FW F-4 paint job now can't wait to finish this one.
              BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Heck yeah man very cool!

Comment

Awesome scheme!
                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Has anyone put small carbon fibre rods inside the fuse for extra support? Thought i have read something about that with this jet

Comment

• Howdy brrzee! The A-10 has channels molded into the sides of the fuselage. They are just the right size for some carbon fiber tubes or squares to be glued in for extra support. I used square tubing on my first A-10, but carbon fiber arrow shafts will fit tighter and give better support. That is what I am going to do to A-10 #2!!!

Comment

• Also, welcome to Hobby Squawk!!!! Glad you are here!!! Have a very blessed Memorial Day.

Comment

• I put them in brrzee...I got the square rods. I have had a couple of hard bounces, one that cracked the NG retract, but have had no damage to the fuse. I can't say if it helped or not, but it certainly hasn't hurt! Rob

Comment

• Sorry about last post..thx for the info..will pick some small carbon fibre tubes up this week..cheers everyone...happy flying

Comment

• If you have a post that's unintentional, you can always hit the edit button and from there under the text box theres a delete button. Just an FYI

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                Howdy brrzee! The A-10 has channels molded into the sides of the fuselage. They are just the right size for some carbon fiber tubes or squares to be glued in for extra support. I used square tubing on my first A-10, but carbon fiber arrow shafts will fit tighter and give better support. That is what I am going to do to A-10 #2!!!
                                I did the same not sure if it needed it but figured what the heck.

Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Ok this was my fourth flight and I have the trailing link gear and my question is, why does the front gear collapse and stay collapsed? Watch 3-4 sec into take off it drops and stays! It did the same on my first flight but not as long.
                                  I am thinking that a compression spring is going to have be inserted on the strut or a piece of fuel line so it doesn’t bottom out?

Comment

Beautiful!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                                      Ok this was my fourth flight and I have the trailing link gear and my question is, why does the front gear collapse and stay collapsed? Watch 3-4 sec into take off it drops and stays! It did the same on my first flight but not as long.
                                      I am thinking that a compression spring is going to have be inserted on the strut or a piece of fuel line so it doesn’t bottom out?
                                      It shouldn't do that. It should be able to full collapse and spring right back, even with the weight of the plane on it. There should already be a spring inside the cylinder. Check to see if there is one in there. When you compress it by hand, does it feel "sticky"? Something is binding it. I suggest you use a drop or two of machine oil or 3in1 oil and work it into the sliding plunger part. Also put some oil on those links that need to rotate on the pins. Also check to make sure there is no screw on the side of the cylinder that might be screwed in too much and it's touching the piston that goes in and out. I don't have mine handy to know if there is a screw or not. I'm guessing based on another trailing link suspension where there is a screw that goes into the side of the cylinder. Once loosened a bit, the piston goes in and out freely. If there is a screw, put it back in with some FoamTac on the threads so it won't fall out.

Comment

• I'm also guessing going from zero to wot with the resistance on grass might be helping push it down. (Though I'd expect that to come up after it gained speed). Try also easing up the throttle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                          I'm also guessing going from zero to wot with the resistance on grass might be helping push it down. (Though I'd expect that to come up after it gained speed). Try also easing up the throttle.
                                          I was thinking the same Shirty at first. My first flight I didn’t film but on the take off roll out it nosed halfway through once applying more throttle.
                                          Now this clip is the second flight take off and landing. I full throttled it to see a difference and there was no prob lol.

Comment

Working...
                                          X