X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there gents, good morning!

Please someone know wich wire, on the wing white board, corresponds to the landing gear? I need to cycle (extend) the landing gears to be able to invert the struts position (for reduce bounce) but i´m without the fuselage.

I need to unscrew the wing board and connect the LG wire directly in the servo tester.

Thank´s for the usual assistance.

Cheers and safe flights to all

Comment

• Rapheal,

I took a look at the manual and there is a wiring diagram on Page 4. It shows that the landing gear lead is the one directly next to the LED lead.
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        Rapheal,

I took a look at the manual and there is a wiring diagram on Page 4. It shows that the landing gear lead is the one directly next to the LED lead.
        Noted with many thanks!
        Cheers

Comment

• Hey, on the subject of making nice landings... I thought I would shamelessly show off a landing from yesterday, this is a quick 14-second video. This is the original landing gear, no mods. There was practically no wind, perhaps 2-3 mph down the runway. Unfortunately I didn't do much of a flare, but the point is that if you let it slow down on final approach (full flaps), it will land like a feather. Bouncing back into the air isn't an issue when it touches down like this.

You can hear that I kept a bit of throttle in, its not dead stick.

Approach and landing

A very short clip showing my flap settings.
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
            Hey, on the subject of making nice landings... I thought I would shamelessly show off a landing from yesterday, this is a quick 14-second video. This is the original landing gear, no mods. There was practically no wind, perhaps 2-3 mph down the runway. Unfortunately I didn't do much of a flare, but the point is that if you let it slow down on final approach (full flaps), it will land like a feather. Bouncing back into the air isn't an issue when it touches down like this.

Approach and landing

Textbook...very nice! Optimal flying conditions always help too, but this jet is good in any conditions. Just stay on it all the way in, and she’ll perform.

Comment

• Bingo

Comment

• Thank´s to all the friends that helped.

Finally i made the main´s mod on my A10 since Motion RC don´t send the upgraded LG´s here.

Together with the nose gear with less coils i hope to reduce the bounce effect...on tarmac,grass or asphalt.

Starting the job...zip tie dind´t work 100%

Wing board with the servos wires, label

Job done

Comment

Hey, on the subject of making nice landings... I thought I would shamelessly show off a landing from yesterday, this is a quick 14-second video. This is the original landing gear, no mods. There was practically no wind, perhaps 2-3 mph down the runway. Unfortunately I didn't do much of a flare, but the point is that if you let it slow down on final approach (full flaps), it will land like a feather. Bouncing back into the air isn't an issue when it touches down like this.

Approach and landing

Great post and great videos..thank you very much!

I fly from grass 80% of the time also but i cutted some coils from the nose gear and it indeed help but the mains continue to have some responsibility to send the plane back to the air.
                  I´m making some changings (together with DD nozzles) because i´m still learning (this plane) the correct/ideal throttle amount (for me something around 1/4 of the stick or little less with full flaps) on the short final/flare...after each 5 landings there´s always one not so good and i don´t pretend to fix the plane again in another dead bounce.
                  Like i saw in your video i also never land dead stick but i need to get the sweet spot… something around ¼ of the stick (or little less) seems to be a good point…what you think?
                  Again, thank you for your videos.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post
                    Thank´s to all the friends that helped.

Finally i made the main´s mod on my A10 since Motion RC don´t send the upgraded LG´s here.

Together with the nose gear with less coils i hope to reduce the bounce effect...on tarmac,grass or asphalt.

Starting the job...zip tie dind´t work 100%

Wing board with the servos wires, label

Job done
                    Reverse the mains and that will eliminate the bounce.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Reverse the mains and that will eliminate the bounce.
                      Yep...i made it like you mentioned in the past TiredIron.
                      Thanks!
                      Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post

Great post and great videos..thank you very much!

I fly from grass 80% of the time also but i cutted some coils from the nose gear and it indeed help but the mains continue to have some responsibility to send the plane back to the air.
                        I´m making some changings (together with DD nozzles) because i´m still learning (this plane) the correct/ideal throttle amount (for me something around 1/4 of the stick or little less with full flaps) on the short final/flare...after each 5 landings there´s always one not so good and i don´t pretend to fix the plane again in another dead bounce.
                        Like i saw in your video i also never land dead stick but i need to get the sweet spot… something around ¼ of the stick (or little less) seems to be a good point… what you think?
                        Again, thank you for your videos.

Cheers
                        Dear Raphael, yes I agree, that sounds very similar to what I am doing. I is tricky to find the "just right" setting... You pretty much have to fly it in using the throttle. I find that when coming in if I don't have enough throttle then I can't flare, and if I have too much throttle then it comes in too fast. I have the throttle just a little bit above idle when I get to the runway.

The key (in my opinion) to avoiding the bounce problem is to slow the plane down. If you come in fast and hit the ground hard it will bounce up (unmodified gear). Practice Practice Practice... I fly on grass as well. Its the same technique for me, either way. The grass slows the plane down quickly, which is great because the grass strip that I fly at is pretty short. (too bad this plane doesn't have brakes for when I'm on the tarmac!)

What I really enjoy is when I get it just right and I get the nose up. The Hog will just cruise in so nicely and land like a feather. I'll try again to get a video of that.
                        I will just have to try again and again, what a burden it is having so much fun.... :Goodbye:
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I highly recommend Pilot Ryan's video of touch and go's on page 401...I think it was landing #3 that was absolutely perfect (right in the middle of the video). If you listen to the pitch of the motors you get a sense of how much throttle he ran going into the approach, let it die a bit setting up and then nursed it sporadically all the way in, just barely off the bottom. His angle of attack was also great. I found it to be extremely helpful as I went about landing the next time, and it was a game changer for me!! Rob

Comment

Dear Raphael, yes I agree, that sounds very similar to what I am doing. I is tricky to find the "just right" setting... You pretty much have to fly it in using the throttle. I find that when coming in if I don't have enough throttle then I can't flare, and if I have too much throttle then it comes in too fast. I have the throttle just a little bit above idle when I get to the runway.

The key (in my opinion) to avoiding the bounce problem is to slow the plane down. If you come in fast and hit the ground hard it will bounce up (unmodified gear). Practice Practice Practice... I fly on grass as well. Its the same technique for me, either way. The grass slows the plane down quickly, which is great because the grass strip that I fly at is pretty short. (too bad this plane doesn't have brakes for when I'm on the tarmac!)

What I really enjoy is when I get it just right and I get the nose up. The Hog will just cruise in so nicely and land like a feather. I'll try again to get a video of that.
                            I will just have to try again and again, what a burden it is having so much fun.... :Goodbye:
                            You resumed everything perfectly!
                            I´ll continue watch your video over and over again!
                            And yes, just a notch of throttle stick, full flaps and hold ELE up seems to result in a nice flare, nose up!
                            The A-10 is a winner, no doubt
                            Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                              I highly recommend Pilot Ryan's video of touch and go's on page 401...I think it was landing #3 that was absolutely perfect (right in the middle of the video). If you listen to the pitch of the motors you get a sense of how much throttle he ran going into the approach, let it die a bit setting up and then nursed it sporadically all the way in, just barely off the bottom. His angle of attack was also great. I found it to be extremely helpful as I went about landing the next time, and it was a game changer for me!! Rob
                              I agree with you Rob.
                              I do like these...cut the engines for 2-3 seconds on the "medium/short" final and than i retake some aceleration; also due the plane weight i usually execute the base leg turn with low altitude, to avoid the plane to gain energy near the aprouch phase...other jets (lighter like Avanti, Mig, Venom etc) i can come to the short final with a higher altitude and reduce perfectly with full flaps before the flare...not the case with this big guy.
                              Ill return to the page you mentioned to see the videos.
                              Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                I highly recommend Pilot Ryan's video of touch and go's on page 401...I think it was landing #3 that was absolutely perfect (right in the middle of the video). If you listen to the pitch of the motors you get a sense of how much throttle he ran going into the approach, let it die a bit setting up and then nursed it sporadically all the way in, just barely off the bottom. His angle of attack was also great. I found it to be extremely helpful as I went about landing the next time, and it was a game changer for me!! Rob
                                Nothing replaces practice. Fly nothing but touch and goes until it's drilled into your memory. Remember your last great flight is only as good as your landing.

Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Nothing replaces practice. Fly nothing but touch and goes until it's drilled into your memory. Remember your last great flight is only as good as your landing.

Mike
                                  That's exactly what a full scale pilot/trainer would tell you too. There is no such thing as changing out the mains and/or the nose gear on a full scale plane. Practice, practice, practice, and get better.

But thank goodness and in the meantime, since we do have options to change out gear and upgrade our planes, do that too. But we still have to Practice, practice, practice!

Comment

• Thanks MikeT and Sky Wolf!
                                    100% agree...pratice...i like a lot to make "touch and go" procedures with my planes but i usually do more with my nitro and gas planes...in the electrics (specially EDF´s) i tend avoid due the battery consumption (maybe a dumb concern) in successive landings and take off...also, during the pratice phase, if i can reduce the overall risks with a upgraded version of LG, i will do it.
                                    Cheers

Comment

• I got the new nose lg and did the Tired Iron switcheroo mod. All good. But as others have been saying, speed kills. Need just enough throttle to maintain a little elevator authority for the flare.
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                        I got the new nose lg and did the Tired Iron switcheroo mod. All good. But as others have been saying, speed kills. Need just enough throttle to maintain a little elevator authority for the flare.
                                        Thanks!
                                        You also fly on grass or just asphalt?
                                        Cheers

Comment

• Grass, albeit fairly short grass. But in the prevailing summer winds, usually a crosswind, I need to clear a set of tall trees obstructing the straight in approach path to runway 090. Sometimes I can do a short final in front of the tree line but if we're getting "rollers" coming off the trees, it can be a bit harrowing.
                                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Working...
                                          X