X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
    So, I posted what I did but it was back on page 200-something.... so I'll post again.

I also had problem getting the mouth decal to line up the way I wanted, to be close to scale. I didn't like that sharp "bump" where it met in the center. And the black part wasn't right either. So I left a big gap like you see in the first picture, then I painted in the black using a matte black paint. Then I cut out a thin strip of black decal using parts of the other decals that weren't used, and cut out two new white teeth using some white parts of the other decals, and picture #2 shows what I came up with. Its not perfect but from 2 feet away I think it looks pretty damn good.

I also drilled out and painted the gun barrels because I didn't like the tiny holes that it came with.... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Click image for larger version Name:	cannon 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	107324Click image for larger version Name:	cannon 4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	107325
    Good work there. That's pretty much what did did too with the shark mouth on mine.

Comment

• Was going to fly the A-10 this weekend as the conditions were perfect...clear, sunny, no wind and a new record for the latest day flown but decided to just fly my Funcub since my optometrist informed me 2 days before that my vision has been so diminished by cataracts that it wasn't a good idea. Turns out it's "harvest time" for the cataracts and looking forward to getting rid of them. My vision is supposed to be much better afterwards so fingers crossed!! I did have fun with the old standby Funcub though.:Cool:
      Brad

Comment

• Hey Brad, I'm thinking the same as my 90 year old mother had it done last year and, except for reading, she doesn't need glasses and apparently, the reading glasses are a mild prescription. this form a woman who was almost blind !!
        Also my brother in law had it done a few years back and hasn't wore glasses at all since.
        Be prepared for a miracle. I've got an appointment this month and am definitely looking into it, no glasses, sounds good to me!!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Good luck with that brad.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
            Was going to fly the A-10 this weekend as the conditions were perfect...clear, sunny, no wind and a new record for the latest day flown but decided to just fly my Funcub since my optometrist informed me 2 days before that my vision has been so diminished by cataracts that it wasn't a good idea. Turns out it's "harvest time" for the cataracts and looking forward to getting rid of them. My vision is supposed to be much better afterwards so fingers crossed!! I did have fun with the old standby Funcub though.:Cool:
            Brad
            Hey Brad,

You'll be happy! I had both eyes done and I had complications from RK surgery years ago that made mine problematic. I'm still better off and glad I did them! Yours will be a piece of cake! You get brand new lenses in your eyes instead of with glasses! Keep us posted! Rob

Comment

Was going to fly the A-10 this weekend as the conditions were perfect...clear, sunny, no wind and a new record for the latest day flown but decided to just fly my Funcub since my optometrist informed me 2 days before that my vision has been so diminished by cataracts that it wasn't a good idea. Turns out it's "harvest time" for the cataracts and looking forward to getting rid of them. My vision is supposed to be much better afterwards so fingers crossed!! I did have fun with the old standby Funcub though.:Cool:
              Brad
              I hope everything goes well with that Brad.

Comment

• By the way, any new update on the alternate LG struts?

Comment

• They're about a week out. When they arrive we'll add to the website and post in this thread. The nose is arriving first then the mains after.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• So the trailing link nose gear is arriving first, then the main oleo struts will be available soon after??

Looking forward to those main struts.....:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      They're about a week out. When they arrive we'll add to the website and post in this thread. The nose is arriving first then the mains after.
                      Excellent! Thank you for the update Alpha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        They're about a week out. When they arrive we'll add to the website and post in this thread. The nose is arriving first then the mains after.
                        Thanks for the update Alpha:Cool:.

Comment

• Timely, cause I pranged my nose gear again. How will we know when they arrive ?
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                            How will we know when they arrive ?
                            Four posts up, my friend ;)
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha!
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I'm a little nervous but I'm told it's a pretty easy procedure these days. 70% chance that I won't need glasses except for reading. My optometrist flys RC as well so he knows how important it is for me to see clearly at a distance. Looking forward to putting some new legs under the A-10 and being able to see it clearly in flight this spring.:Cool:
                                Brad

Comment

• Well, I could not wait anymore so I remaidened mine after replacing the front fuse. I wasn't bucking bronco but simply a stall. She can fly so slow you can forget that it's a 13 lb bird. Anyway, with 6 flights since I don't plan to fly her anymore until the new gear comes in. I never had a bronco due to my mods but still... a little insurance is always good.

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I'm a little nervous but I'm told it's a pretty easy procedure these days. 70% chance that I won't need glasses except for reading. My optometrist flys RC as well so he knows how important it is for me to see clearly at a distance. Looking forward to putting some new legs under the A-10 and being able to see it clearly in flight this spring.:Cool:
                                    Brad
                                    Let me add my best wishes too, Brad. My eyesight for distance isn't the greatest (even corrected) so I almost wish it could be fixed as you're about to have done...I'm sure it'll go well and you'll soon be known as "Ol' Eagle Eye"! :Cool:
                                    Tom

Comment

• she is all done! after long sessions painting and riveting and painting she looks awesome! for the paint i used pan pastels, Its more of a chalk than a paint. It worked great and gave me the look i was going for. I had to spray flat clear over her or else she would smear like crazy. Very happy with the results.

Comment

• And happy you should be! Looks great!

Comment

• Yes indeed. It looks really good. I like your nacell markings. :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X