X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    I figured you were busy so I just asked everyone!! I just can't find my book and I have two nice beacons looking for a home on my new A-10!! Just got done with a strobe on one wing and about to do the other... Thanks so much!! :-) Was it on the top or bottom of the aircraft?
    Here is what a hog mechanic told me about lights for the A-10C. When I get home from travel I'll check my reference books as well

​Wing tips;
    2x 14"x2" electroluminescent strip lights and 1x 12"x2" vertically mounted electroluminescent strip light.
    Green or red (wing tip depending) and it has both solid and flash modes.
    Strobe light
    2x covert lights (tiny LED's only visible to certain night vis systems.)
    Station 2 and 10 both have flood light to illuminate the nose of the aircraft.

Tail;
    1x Strobe
    1x flash/steady white position light.
    Both top and bottom of the empenage, between horizontal halves have 2x long (like 18"x2") long electroluminescent strip lights top and bottom. (4 in total)
    Outboard vertical stabilizers have a small low powered flood to illuminate the tail and tail #

Fuselage;
    One bottom formation light, right in front of the "pull up bar" antenna
    One top formation light aft of the top UHF antennas that points rearward toward engine inlets
    On the top of the fuse there are 2 x long electroluminescent in an arrow formation <
    One each side there a long electroluminescent light as well.
    Then of course on the nose gear there are two floodlights, taxi and landing light.

Comment

• Wow. Cause its just absolutely normal (and no matter the aircraft) - at least a few of you blokes can just dial up some dude you know who has worked on one and find out the info...God bless the usa lol.

Comment

• YES! That's how we roll here lol!

Comment

• Those that have added sound effects to the plane, would you recommend an actual sound system or the Nerf whistles? I haven't heard any personally with either modification (only youtube). The whistles seem to add a nice harmonic sound (not sure how many to use), then again, there seems to be sufficient space for sound in the fuse. I might just keep it simple with this one and go with a couple whistles as I wouldn't want to change the weight of the plane too much. Just thought I'd toss this out there for you early AM forum browsers!

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
            Those that have added sound effects to the plane, would you recommend an actual sound system or the Nerf whistles? I haven't heard any personally with either modification (only youtube). The whistles seem to add a nice harmonic sound (not sure how many to use), then again, there seems to be sufficient space for sound in the fuse. I might just keep it simple with this one and go with a couple whistles as I wouldn't want to change the weight of the plane too much. Just thought I'd toss this out there for you early AM forum browsers!
            I did the whistle mod a few weeks ago but yet haven’t flown it since the weather here in Jersey turned crappy! I really want to hear it live and in person.

Comment

• Whistle mod is the cheap way to go, but only adds a little to the sound effects as the whistles pretty much get blanked out at anything over half throttle. But I have to admit, slow passes and landings sound awesome! You need two of the Nerf Vortex footballs. Each football comes with 3 whistles of different lengths. I used the short and medium length whistles, one pair in each nacelle. Then I used the method described in Motion's build video to install them. Was pretty simple really.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Here is what a hog mechanic told me about lights for the A-10C. When I get home from travel I'll check my reference books as well

​Wing tips;
                2x 14"x2" electroluminescent strip lights and 1x 12"x2" vertically mounted electroluminescent strip light.
                Green or red (wing tip depending) and it has both solid and flash modes.
                Strobe light
                2x covert lights (tiny LED's only visible to certain night vis systems.)
                Station 2 and 10 both have flood light to illuminate the nose of the aircraft.

Tail;
                1x Strobe
                1x flash/steady white position light.
                Both top and bottom of the empenage, between horizontal halves have 2x long (like 18"x2") long electroluminescent strip lights top and bottom. (4 in total)
                Outboard vertical stabilizers have a small low powered flood to illuminate the tail and tail #

Fuselage;
                One bottom formation light, right in front of the "pull up bar" antenna
                One top formation light aft of the top UHF antennas that points rearward toward engine inlets
                On the top of the fuse there are 2 x long electroluminescent in an arrow formation <
                One each side there a long electroluminescent light as well.
                Then of course on the nose gear there are two floodlights, taxi and landing light.
                Thank you DD!!! Great detailed info!!! Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                  Those that have added sound effects to the plane, would you recommend an actual sound system or the Nerf whistles? I haven't heard any personally with either modification (only youtube). The whistles seem to add a nice harmonic sound (not sure how many to use), then again, there seems to be sufficient space for sound in the fuse. I might just keep it simple with this one and go with a couple whistles as I wouldn't want to change the weight of the plane too much. Just thought I'd toss this out there for you early AM forum browsers!
                  I did the whistle mod and I think they are great (but then I am ignorant about electronics and adverse to adding mods like sound systems). Here's a link to my maiden last fall...you can hear them at the initial rollout and later in the video when I do a touch and go. I used the medium and long whistle pairs and the build video by MRC is good. My only comment would be that when you sand down the whistles be careful to no be too aggressive, as I accidentally took off some of the base while sanding. I went back and sealed up the breach with CA glue. Also, using the long whistle did take me pretty close to the surface on the nacaelle, so take time to locate where you have the most foam before you place them and "drill". Rob

Rob Merriman, a member of the Rogue Eagles RC Club, recently maidened his new Warthog at Agate Skyways with friends cheering him on. Rob spent 10s of hours ...

Comment

• I just have to mention this. I remember when the FlightLine P-38 was announced and the thread just literally took off! I remember thinking,"This is fantastic, will there be another plane that comes along that'll have this kind of enthusiasm?" Guess I got my answer.

Good on ya guys!:Cool:

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Hello,
                      Does anyone know if this plane can be purchased with no EDF and no ESC?
                      I was reading a build thread on RCU showing a turbine conversion using 2 JetCat P20SX and I think it would be a fun project.
                      Would have to add a brake of some sort to comply with AMA turbine rules, but apart from that, it looks straightforward and flies very nicely with the turbines.
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Hello,
                        Does anyone know if this plane can be purchased with no EDF and no ESC?
                        I was reading a build thread on RCU showing a turbine conversion using 2 JetCat P20SX and I think it would be a fun project.
                        Would have to add a brake of some sort to comply with AMA turbine rules, but apart from that, it looks straightforward and flies very nicely with the turbines.
                        Thanks.

Comment

• The ARF+ comes without fans and ESC's.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Alpha is a little premature with this. The oleo nose gear are in production but have not yet left he factory. ETA on those is likely 6 weeks. The main landing gear upgrade is not ready for production yet. I talked to the Freewing last night and we cannot yet order the upgraded mains and they don't have any ETA just yet.
                            Yeah thanks for the update ill wait till they come out

Comment

• Good day all,
                              I'm planning to purchase a A10 for me (my seventh jet) but i read about the necessity to make "a lot" MOD's in the model and want to collect more information and if it's really necessary (in our flying field we had a long grass rwy thus no problems of space neither tall grass).
                              Here is the MOD's list i had reached during some readings:
                              - BEC needs changing.
                              - Main gear springs are too soft (and need some help) + nose gear is too long and need to be reduced.
                              - Thrust nozzles need to be repositioned upward to give the correct thrust line.
                              Just want to hear please if someone is flying as per stock without any issues so far (all video reviews i saw didn't mentioned this mod's).
                              I'll really appreciate some comments.
                              Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post
                                Good day all,
                                I'm planning to purchase a A10 for me (my seventh jet) but i read about the necessity to make "a lot" MOD's in the model and want to collect more information and if it's really necessary (in our flying field we had a long grass rwy thus no problems of space neither tall grass).
                                - BEC needs changing.
                                - Main gear springs are too soft (and need some help) + nose gear is too long and need to be reduced.
                                - Thrust nozzles need to be repositioned upward to give the correct thrust line.
                                Just want to hear please if someone is flying as per stock without any issues so far (all video reviews i saw didn't mentioned this mod's).
                                Cheers

I cut 3/8" off nose gear spring and reversed the mains and it flys (and lands) great.
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I think the A-10 flies great without any mods! I don't know where you saw anything about thrust angles or BEC's. The gear is the only exception and that depends on whether you are flying on grass or asphalt. I fly on asphalt, so can't advise you Raphael, but the gear are designed for grass ops so I would expect you will be fine! IMHO...Rob

Comment

• I have never had a problem with the stock BEC or the thrust nozzles. The plane flies well stock. Give it a try stock and then determine if you think you need to make any changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post
                                      Good day all,
                                      - BEC needs changing.
                                      Cheers

I have 150+ flights on my A-10..all stock, and have not did any mods. Alot of the mods discussed have worked well for many, and you may want to do the same mods to yours. But it's a very good flying plane out of the box.
                                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I cut 3/8" off nose gear spring and reversed the mains and it flys (and lands) great.
                                        Tired,
                                        What you mean please when you say you reversed the mains?
                                        Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                          I think the A-10 flies great without any mods! I don't know where you saw anything about thrust angles or BEC's. The gear is the only exception and that depends on whether you are flying on grass or asphalt. I fly on asphalt, so can't advise you Raphael, but the gear are designed for grass ops so I would expect you will be fine! IMHO...Rob
                                          RCAV8R
                                          Thank you.
                                          I fly on grass field but is has a long length and very short grass (we use to fly also turbine jets here so the grass is good).
                                          Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                          X