Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card stock makes a huge difference but is very time consuming. As models come out and the designers provide 3D files for the cockpit tubs and other parts it is really going to make things easier. They don't have to invest in costly molds but we will be able to get a detailed cockpit that won't gator in the sun if we want. It's a win/win as far as I see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
      Duck, the heavily 'gatored cockpit foam made me cringe all summer long- yours looks soooo much better now! :Cool:
      Tom
      Yeah I know, me too. Like RCJetdude said, it is very time consuming to do this. I spent more than a week cutting out the pieces and fitting them and gluing them on one y one.... and then YOU came out with your amazing opening cockpit and I was like "man... why am I doing this".... but it did turn out nice and I won't have to worry about it next year. I am very jealous of yours!
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Themudduck, yours looks really good, you should be proud! Pogo and RCJetdude use alien magic so let's not criticize our cockpits compared to theirs, otherwise I'll never attempt to customize another model again. :D

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey there Alpha, how will MRC notify us when 3D printed stuff becomes available for other a/c ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Themudduck, yours looks really good, you should be proud! Pogo and RCJetdude use alien magic so let's not criticize our cockpits compared to theirs, otherwise I'll never attempt to customize another model again. :D

Ha ha! Hey, you wanna talk alien magic, have a close look at this LX A-10 cockpit work by my friend Chris (Eric's (4stripes on RCG) dad). :Scared:
            Tom

Comment

Ha ha! Hey, you wanna talk alien magic, have a close look at this LX A-10 cockpit work by my friend Chris (Eric's (4stripes on RCG) dad). :Scared:
              Tom
              Nice.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Tom
                This is insanely cool. Very well done.

Comment

• Nice is completely short as an adjective. LOL That is absolute phenomenal :Cool:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Scale Masters stuff there! Bravo!

Comment

• Hey guys where do I get decals for my ordinance ?

Comment

• That cockpit is so cool. It makes me wonder if there is money to be made for Motion RC to offer upgraded detail cockpits. They are already separate pieces. I guess as long as we get the 3D parts we can make our own, but that detail is what I like.

Comment

Tom
                          That is very cool. Nicely done.
                          3D printed parts are definitely the way forwards for us mere mortals to get the scale look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                            Hey guys where do I get decals for my ordinance ?
                            Crxmanpat can set you up with those.

Comment

• Thankyou

Comment

Tom
                                If I opened a new plane box and saw that cockpit in there, I'd be so excited I'd start growing hair again!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Tom
                                  Wow!!! What else can you say. Chris sets the bar pretty high when it comes to this level of detail.
                                  Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                    Hey guys where do I get decals for my ordinance ?
                                    Ordnance decals are still available for purchase. Details can be found on this post in the Modifications thread:

Pat

Comment

• Does anyone know where I can find the metal reinforcement plate for the retracts? Mine is bent and a new one didn't come with the replacement retract and I don't see any on motionrc. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

If I opened a new plane box and saw that cockpit in there, I'd be so excited I'd start growing hair again!!

Grossman56
                                        And then you could run around with your new hair on fire!!LOL Chris came to Canada from Holland and is in his late 70's I would guess, and obviously a master modeler (and just a lovely guy). He's done a bunch of cockpits for his son Eric's (4stripes) EDF's, all to this level of detail.
                                        Here's a video of the big Mibo turbine's optional cockpit- big dollars but beautiful! :Cool: It shows pretty clearly how the canopy opening mechanism works.
                                        Die Scale Cockpit-Mechanik von MIBO für die A10....Umfc-Kirchschlag Jetteam - Harald Kafka

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by iridium View Post
                                          Does anyone know where I can find the metal reinforcement plate for the retracts? Mine is bent and a new one didn't come with the replacement retract and I don't see any on motionrc. Thanks!
                                          Can you not unbend it? That's what I did with one of the plates off my A-10. I put it on a flat concrete floor and gently hammered it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X