X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

DAVE!!!! Nice job on the mods and welcome to the Squawk! I have used the JP brakes and it is usually just a matter of taxi testing to set the end points until they drag. Keep us posted on how things go.
    Hey Steve!! I did adjust the end points just to the point where they engage. Even with that they are extremely hard to turn. Maybe at landing speed they won't lock up, but at taxi speed they start to hop until I go back to a lower switch setting. I also have the 45mm installed on my 70mm F16 and they were perfect from the start. I did notice that these 75mm are completely different than the 45mm. When I took them out of the packaging the hub slid right out of the wheel. One wheel had 2 copper shims between the hub, the other had no shims. If I remove the sims the brake engages and the wheel won't even turn. I'm guessing if I add a shim or two it will reduce how much grab it has. I just don't have any shims or know where to get them. My switch endpoint settings are -100/15/50. At -100 they are off. 15 does nothing initially. At around 35 one brake clicks, and 45 the other clicks so I set the max to 50. If I back off to 15 they both work, but at reduced friction. Does that make sense?

I will also add that was my initial setup. I was inside and toasty. I took it outside for a taxi test with an outside air temp or around 20 degrees. After a few minutes of testing I noticed one wheel wasn't even engaging. I came inside, let it warm up and it still wouldn't engage. That was the wheel with the 2 shims. I tried removing one shim and it worked again. That's really what makes me think the shims have a lot to do with the setup.

Dave

Comment

• From the EDF Leaf Blower event at Apollo field in LA on Saturday.
      Pat

Comment

• Very nice!!! Love this picture Pat!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• LOL Click image for larger version

Name:	CB39B93A-AE5F-4E7D-A919-D8E1A5AF4600.jpeg
Views:	762
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	181972

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• LOLLOLLOLLOL:Cool:

Comment

• Not sure if she can carry that load but looks awesome on the ground.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Wo-B, She looks armed to her teeth. LOL Great work, sir. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
                  Not sure if she can carry that load but looks awesome on the ground.
                  Mine flies just fine with a similar loadout :) . Im planning on adding some TERs this summer as well.

Comment

• When I take mine out I usually add loads each flight. Its fun how it changes the handling just a bit. But I like flying it with everything loaded the best. Super stable, scale speed, and looks killer!

Comment

• Everything hanging.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• This may have been covered but has anyone noticed when adding the upgraded retracts that they bind because they no longer have the ability for the gear to fleck back on its spring when retracted?

Comment

• Used a Dremel with sanding drum to make the fit. Works great no binding. Just be careful not to go through the foam.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                            Used a Dremel with sanding drum to make the fit. Works great no binding. Just be careful not to go through the foam.
                            Perfect. Ill do that.

Comment

• Little help! So I don’t have to read all post. What is the scale. Going to get Callie decals. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kferros View Post
                                Little help! So I don’t have to read all post. What is the scale. Going to get Callie decals. Thanks.
                                Scale is 1/10.

Comment

• does anyone know what size the c-clip is on the new nose gear. That thing just flew into outer space on me! wish they provided an extra.

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
                                    does anyone know what size the c-clip is on the new nose gear. That thing just flew into outer space on me! wish they provided an extra.
                                    I don't, but go to www.motionrc.com and look under accessories, and there is a C-clip package from Traxxas and it has all sizes in there for about 2 bucks.... I am trying to find the link for you now, but the internet is not cooperating!!! :Straight-Face:

Comment

• At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Its bugging me not having main gear doors. Has anyone attempted to 3d print something?

Comment

• I don't believe the A-10 has main gear doors. Not to mention they aren't flush with the gear cavity so even if you didn't care about scale, it'd look pretty clunky in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                          X