X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
    Not yet on her own feet, but worth taking a nice picture. One is done with the handy, the other with a digital cam. See how much the appearance is changing. I have to check it in sunlight now and as you said, I will apply a matte coat, also to protect the decals.
    WO-B, Gorgeous A-10, my friend. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wow got another set of batteries for the A-10 to do three flights without charging. Got four flights in this afternoon before dark(4:15pm here) and I'm finally getting comfortable with this plane. It's been a real struggle because I'm a prop guy and completely inexperienced with edfs. I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!!!:Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
        Wow got another set of batteries for the A-10 to do three flights without charging. Got four flights in this afternoon before dark(4:15pm here) and I'm finally getting comfortable with this plane. It's been a real struggle because I'm a prop guy and completely inexperienced with edfs. I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!!!:Cool::Cool:
        Brad, I'm really glad you're getting more and more comfortable with the Hog, it really is a great airplane, isn't it? I don't get out to fly as much as I'd like so only have maybe 40 flights on mine (in 2 seasons) but I enjoy every one. As I'm not far behind you in age I can sure relate to the "old dog" thing!
        Tom

Comment

• Hey Tom, now that the old dog has learned a new trick, I'm allot more interested in some more detail. Just wondering if your operable canopy is working well. Did you ever post a video of it functioning? Love to see it.
          Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Use a Matte clear coat not a gloss clear coat next time . It will give you the finish you want.
            The gloss is gone. Used a matte clear PU Coat. Looking great!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
              Hey Tom, now that the old dog has learned a new trick, I'm allot more interested in some more detail. Just wondering if your operable canopy is working well. Did you ever post a video of it functioning? Love to see it.
              Brad
              Here's a little video from last winter Brad. I worked on the geometry a bit more to eliminate the servo buzz at closed and full open and it also opens more now- people love to see it operate and it's fun to show them. (Almost makes the crap load of hours spent worthwhile!)
              FW A-10 opening canopy mod. It actually opens another inch or so but the rear hinge must be binding a bit- I'll have to tweak it.

Tom

Comment

• Wow Tom, that is awesome! I can just see that canopy opening up as your taxiing back to the pits after another sortie. I wonder if you would consider making another or at least the basic mechanism part. I never got anywhere with mine and what I was going to do was with the old LX A-10 mechanism which doesn't work anywhere near as realistic as yours. You should patent that thing.
                Brad

Comment

Not yet on her own feet, but worth taking a nice picture. One is done with the handy, the other with a digital cam. See how much the appearance is changing. I have to check it in sunlight now and as you said, I will apply a matte coat, also to protect the decals.
                  Dude, I love it ! the detail is awesome.
                  BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

When I showed my update on the rivets and painting to you in November I said that I'm not sure if I follow the right path in terms of looking scale. Well, it seems I was right, it doesn't look scale at all, but I still like it. Meanwhile my A-10 looks like a well used spaceship. Now I can't wait to put il all together.
                    Andy
                    Love you skills man!
                    Get some of those clear half domes and and finish your pod off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	165862
                    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Get some of those clear half domes and finish your pod off.
                      T33JM, and where would one "GET" some of those clear domes. Gotta have some, Mate. Best, LB

ps: Love the traditional USAF livery! :Cool:
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

T33JM, and where would one "GET" some of those clear domes. Gotta have some, Mate. Best, LB

ps: Love the traditional USAF livery! :Cool:

Don't thank me, just send beer!!!! Jerry

Comment

• Also get the larger ones (3/4'" maybe?) for the Maverick seeker heads

Comment

Love you skills man!
                            Get some of those clear half domes and and finish your pod off.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	165862
                            You're right. Just ordered the half domes today. Thank's for reminding me.

Comment

• Maybe someone can help. I have trouble with the acrylic color to stick on the Jethangar pilot. Isn't it enough to clean it with Alcohol? Is there any other advice of you?
                              Thank's
                              Andy

Comment

Maybe someone can help. I have trouble with the acrylic color to stick on the Jethangar pilot. Isn't it enough to clean it with Alcohol? Is there any other advice of you?
                                Thank's Andy
                                Andy, Prime him. I used the same black Rustoleum Automotive primer I used on the Seafire airframe for the pilot. The depth in the colors you add after are striking. I used acrylics after priming. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Flight Leader b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	165951

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	505
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	165953
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                  Don't thank me, just send beer!!!! Jerry
                                  Jerry, Thank you. Must be outta Maker's, huh. Best, Steve
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• No Marker's, but I am sipping some Jameson.... HA!!! Merry Christmas Bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinTN View Post
                                      Hello all, being lurking here for days, glad I found this Forum...having my bird delivered tomorrow from MotionRC, got lucky, they had 3 in stock and next day they went out of stock!

I am old school flyer, coming back to fixed wings after many years, flying drones for the last 6 years. I want ask you guys which radio should I use for the A-10 (I probably will need some help programing), I have 3 Radios available for it, Futaba T10J with a R3008SB (SBUS) RX, a FRSKY Taranis X9D with a X8R TX and a Spektrum DX6i...I have AR610 6Ch TX or I can buy a more suitable for the A-10.

Still have too many pages here to go, I guess will be a winter project

Thanks for any help

Ed
                                      Welcome Ed, I have more in mine but the six will do.

Comment

• Ed, A very merry welcome back. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I realized this morning that the plastic spacer that is glued to the aft nose gear door, the part that rides up and down the nose gear strut, had fallen off. Luckily I found it before flying and taped a block of foam to the door temporarily so I could fly. Unfortunately the manufacturer had simply glued this piece to the painted door part, no strength there. I'll fabricate something rather than order a new door assembly.
                                          But I also noticed that the nose gear has a lot of fore and aft play in the extended position, approximately 10mm. Is this normal? The gear is working fine so I don't know whether to be concerned or not... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X