Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. Best EDF foam jet Freewing has produced thus far. Award-winning through-and-through. Happy for ya!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20190831_170836.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	248399
      Still flying my old faithful
      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• OV10
        OV10 commented
        Editing a comment
        And still the only one in that beautiful livery

• OV10 , thankyou sir. But sad she is not the only one anymore. A guy copied the paint job and won best foam jet last month at Florida Jets.
      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• t33jetman Those of us who know, know YOU were the originator! Being followed is a good sign you're leading from the front.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Imitation is a form of flattery. Its a really cool scheme.

The guy bought the 3D printed cockpit set I designed for the A-10, and recently shared his pictures with me. He even mentioned how he copied your scheme

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
            Imitation is a form of flattery. Its a really cool scheme.

The guy bought the 3D printed cockpit set I designed for the A-10, and recently shared his pictures with me. He even mentioned how he copied your scheme
            Congratulations, he did a very good job copying every detail.
            The cockpit looks great.

Comment

• I still may opt to put your cockpit kit in mine Dirty Dee. So far I have your nozzles, nose gear brace, and rx tray in it, all very good quality I might add.

T33jetman, love the scheme on yours, and imitation is the highest form of flattery! You both did a great job. Now I want to add a little more scale detail to the pave penny and Maverick missiles. Trying to find something to use as clear lenses for the front of each. Thinking those little plastic containers from gumball machines will work for the Mavericks but at a loss so far as for what to use for the pave penny, as it's a little small. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by rc_heli_flier View Post
                I still may opt to put your cockpit kit in mine Dirty Dee. So far I have your nozzles, nose gear brace, and rx tray in it, all very good quality I might add.

T33jetman, love the scheme on yours, and imitation is the highest form of flattery! You both did a great job. Now I want to add a little more scale detail to the pave penny and Maverick missiles. Trying to find something to use as clear lenses for the front of each. Thinking those little plastic containers from gumball machines will work for the Mavericks but at a loss so far as for what to use for the pave penny, as it's a little small. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1528291588996.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	248499
                Do a search on Ebay, for clear half domes is what I did two years ago. Also added them to my Maverick missiles

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200411_231344.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	248502

Comment

• Originally posted by rc_heli_flier View Post
                    Now I want to add a little more scale detail to the pave penny and Maverick missiles. Trying to find something to use as clear lenses for the front of each.
                    For what it is worth, I found this place on the interwebs a while back for my 1/9th CGRC A-10 pave penny: https://kitkraft.com/t/categories/acrylic-domes

Measuring my FW A-10, it seems like the 3/4" outside diameter could work. Maybe a little fudging and filler here and there but pretty close.

Nice job on your Hog!

Comment

• rc_heli_flier www.kitcraft.com has the acrylic domes! Like stated above!!!

Comment

• They have tons of stuff on that site that can be useful and fun too! Happy Easter!!! Jerry

Comment

• Hey guys, tried to balance my A-10 yesterday with 2 Admiral 6000 mAh at a CG of 86mm and found out to add 125 gr lead below the horizontal stab to get it balanced out. I didn't move the control board, so the batteries are according to the book. Did I miss something or is that quite a normal value? Thx

Comment

• Take the junction board off its mount, then move the front mount holes back to the rear mount holes. Then slide your batteries as far back as possible. Admiral 6000 packs may be a little heavy for this bird.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              Take the junction board off its mount, then move the front mount holes back to the rear mount holes. Then slide your batteries as far back as possible. Admiral 6000 packs may be a little heavy for this bird.
                              Thx for advice 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post

Thx for advice 👍
                                Like Pat says, move the board back, admiral 6000's are fine for this bird, she doesn't mind the weight at all. I fly her with a pair of 8000's, with no problems at all. Take the 125 gr out of the tail. P.S. The forward battery strap area is useless on this bird IMHO unless you're going to fly her with 4000's or less. I haven't used it in the last 65 or 70 flights.

Comment

• Thanks guys for everyone that responded about the domes I was looking for. I will definitely check out the kitkraft site.

T33jetman - what did you use to simulate the cameras under the domes? Guess I could use almost anything that is about that size as it could be painted to look like a camera. Not really too concerned about it looking really scale, just sort or like a camera.

Comment

• I have the Admiral 6000's in mine as well. Control board and rx are behind the batteries, and the batteries are stacked are top of each other. Mine is balanced at 86mm, no lead in the tail. I did have to carve a little bit of foam on the bottom of the canopy to make it fit with the batteries stacked like this.

Though it may not need done, I replaced the supplied BEC with a Castle Creations Pro BEC. I just didn't think the suppled BEC looked up to the task to run 12 servos and the retracts. Just my opinion. Anyway, that is behind the batteries as well as the brake controller. I used the BEC I took out of the A-10 and used it in my Avanti in runner version. Click image for larger version  Name:	20200412_221714.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	248761

Comment

• Added some scales to my Blacksnake. Click image for larger version

Name:	black snake 1.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	248763Click image for larger version

Name:	black snake 3.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	248764Click image for larger version

Name:	black snake 2.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	248765