X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glazier808 View Post
    Would anybody be interested in trading a bomb for a twin missile rack?

i need another bomb lol
    Hi Glazier- Did you find one? I have a couple spares here that are unused. PM me your address if interested.

Comment

• GT, Great research info, Sir, I must say. Thank you and good to read your voice. Best, LB

gravity tester
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• No worries, LB. Hope the info is helpful. She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed calls it "...an unhealthy obsession worthy of mental health professional scrutiny...". Me, I just like airplanes and in particular, the A-10. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravity tester View Post
          No worries, LB. Hope the info is helpful. She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed calls it "...an unhealthy obsession worthy of mental health professional scrutiny...". Me, I just like airplanes and in particular, the A-10. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.
          Over here, "She whose authority exceeds my rank" calls it playful OCD leaning toward macisism. tah-may-dah/toe-mah-toe/toe-may-toe. Point is for me, if I didn't have this, I'd go back to golf and real work. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I am in the process of adding rivet detail. Domed rivets on the rear half of the fuse and flush rivets on the front of the fuse. Very time consuming.

GT,
            Thanks for the tips. I contacted Callie and I have a set of the decals coming in 1/10.3 scale.

I am doing what I can while waiting for my cockpit kit and pilot to arrive.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Waconut, those rivets are really outstanding. Your bird is going to look fantastic when its done. We'll all enjoy seeing your pics!

I'm just going to post this here..... hopefully it won't offend anyone. Love the Warthog!

Click image for larger version

Name:	86793552_1747353175399631_22919775147524096_n.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	237421
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Comment

• LOL perfect!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Does anyone have a schematic drawing of the speed controls, motors, and batteries, and how they are wired from the factory?

Comment

• walkerm45, Uncertain if this answers your query, but this is from the "Support" Page for the Freewing A-10 on the MotionRC website. Best, LB

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...0_V2manual.pdf
                      https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...iles/fwesc.pdf
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Elbee, but unfortunately neither are what I'm looking for. I would like an electrical schematic of the inter-connect wiring of the motors, esc's, and batterys. I purchased a used A-10 not running and found it to be wired in an unusual manner. Needless to say it did not run. I rewired the plane, and it runs and flies nice. I would like to have a schematic of the "Factory Setup" for my records.

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Acknowledged and Agreed. Perhaps Aros could lead you in the right direction. On a completely obscure note; I was born at St. Mary's Hospital. I think Arizona was still a territory then and Tucson just a border town. LOL.

• I don't have a schematic, but let me see if I can explain it in writing.

So you have two motors/fans and two Opto ESCs (opto means no internal BEC on the ESCs). The ESCs also have extra Caps wired in as the leads to the batteries are pretty long, and one of the power leads has a UBEC attached at the EC5 connector. See this pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Freewing A-10 Wiring Diagram.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	238078

So the ESCs attach to the motors as normal. And then you have the two power leads (one with the UBEC attached) and the two servo leads that plug into the junction board at the throttle inputs. The UBEC plugs directly into your RX. Then you plug in one battery to each power lead.
                        Pat

Comment

• Hey Guys, Just wanted to post this video of my A-10.. If any of you haven't installed the 3d printed whistles available on thingaverse, this video should change your mind! I put two in each nacelle, and omg.. listen for youself.. cant wait to fly this.. was gonna maiden it, but was too windy.. this weekend hopefully I will.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcSpanky View Post
                            Hey Guys, Just wanted to post this video of my A-10...
                            Hey Spanky, I've done the same thing on mine - two whistles in each nacelles (I shortened one whistle in each pair to make the sound a bit more "whiny").
                            I think I posted this before but... I think its not bad to repeat. The whistles stop working at high power settings and/or high airspeed. They work really great when taxiing and also while landing (assuming you are coming in with lowered throttles). And actually I found that its really useful for me on final approach - I just lower the throttle until I hear the whistle and that seems to be a great audio indicator for what seems to be a perfect throttle setting I need for landing.

I find that I can also use the whistles when making low passes, I just use a lower throttle setting and cruise on by making that sound.... its great!
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• CRXMANPAT

I posted a private message to you. Thanks for your help..... Bronco Mike

Comment

• From what you sent, sounds like the previous owner had it wired up to run a single lipo instead of one for each motor. Glad you got it sorted and back to the stock configuration.
                                Pat

Comment

• If you checked the EC5 connectors, on the plane I bought (used), the negative wires were reversed......

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                    I have been working on adding details while waiting for the cockpit kit to arrive. Since I am doing a full paint job I have sanded off all the hexagon injection spots and flashing. I have the rivet detail about 85% complete, taking much longer than anticipated.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Nice work! Tedious but the end result is always worth it.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks fantastic !

Comment

Working...
                                        X