• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! Addicted to that damn scheme!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Well,, today I started my Dirty Dee upgraded cockpit. I'm not saying how good I am at cutting foam,, but after I started, it looks like I had a few too many, and went after it with a chain saw!! 👴

Comment

• It is a bit scary chopping away at the cockpit, just follow his measurements and you will be fine. It makes a world of difference in the end.

Comment

• What is the best way to fill in small places where I removed too much foam?

Comment

• If they are not too large I would use micro-balloons and epoxy.

Comment

• Most of the cockpit area get covered by the various printed parts, and then the vacuum formed cockpit. So you can have some gaps/voids without much issue. One way I like to fill holes is to mix gorilla glue, a very tiny amount of water, and some microballoons. The water makes the glue start to expand and ends up similar to "Great Stuff". Let the glue expand, and then cut/shape after it fully dries.

Comment

• I'll give that a shot. Thanks Dee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
                  What is the best way to fill in small places where I removed too much foam?
                  WH, I save all the foam I cut out and will use that 'cut-to-fit' and then "Foam Tac-d" back in place. Works every time it's been tried...at least by me. If it's non-structural, I will use that-thar Foam-Tac Foam Filler thinned a little with H2O for the gaps and wet sand smooth after drying. Every one will have their own methods, but all that works for me. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here are some STLs for replacement wing pylons.

Replacement Spares for OEM wing Pylons. Requires Freewing Weapons attachment Hardware from donor pylons or from here: https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-f-16c-90mm-weapons-attachment-hardware

Comment

• Dirty Dee , Thank you, Sir. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I finally got around to hooking up all the control surfaces and I set the throws per the manual on all surfaces. What is everyone using for expo?
                        Later!!
                        Anthony

Comment

• Hi guys,
                          I almost forgot, I added a total of 8 Nerf whistles to my A-10. There are 4 in the engine nacelles and 1 each in the M-84 bombs and 1 each in the AGM-65 missiles.
                          The whistles in the ordinance should work trough the entire flight envelope( I hope).
                          Later!!
                          Anthony
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Waconut , She's a looker. Well done. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                              Hi guys,
                              I almost forgot, I added a total of 8 Nerf whistles to my A-10. There are 4 in the engine nacelles and 1 each in the M-84 bombs and 1 each in the AGM-65 missiles.
                              The whistles in the ordinance should work trough the entire flight envelope( I hope).
                              Later!!
                              Anthony
                              That's a LOT of whistles! Please do a video to show off what it sounds like taxiing and in the air! Great job on the pain scheme.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I finally got around to installing the scale exhaust tubes from Dirty Dee. They make a huge difference in the looks.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Waconut, Looking very Cool and the DD nozzles really help to finish the nacelles. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Guys, can someone direct me to the area where I can find the mod of the main landing gear from TiredIron? I cant find it when I search.. I think I know what to do, but I'd rather be sure and read the thread..
                                    Help appreciated.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I have also received my A-10 and the build will begin in the next week,

I think this is already writen here in this fred, but can anyone tell me what size rivets in mm on the fuselage you use and with what tool you apply this on the fuse?

The rivets on the back i will take wood glue.

Thanks a lot

Regards Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by rcSpanky View Post
                                        Hey Guys, can someone direct me to the area where I can find the mod of the main landing gear from TiredIron? I cant find it when I search.. I think I know what to do, but I'd rather be sure and read the thread..
                                        Help appreciated.
                                        RS, In the "Search Bar" at the top of the page of this forum (the A-10 forum), type: Reverse Main Gear A-10 and that should take you to a post by TI dated Sept. 10, 2017 that explains his mod. I have done this mod but occasionally I still get the Death Bounce, though it is always because I was too slow and 12" above the runway. Hope this helps. Best, LB

ps: Go to Page 325, Post 6488. This is a re-post or rewrite by TI on his mod.
                                        Last edited by Elbee; Mar 25, 2020, 09:07 AM. Reason: Added page and post numbers
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by tirolguy View Post
                                          Hi Guys,

I have also received my A-10 and the build will begin in the next week,

I think this is already writen here in this fred, but can anyone tell me what size rivets in mm on the fuselage you use and with what tool you apply this on the fuse?

The rivets on the back i will take wood glue.

Thanks a lot

Regards Rob
                                          Rob,
                                          Some guys use a rounded point to create a divet in the foam. I used a .093 dia aluminum tube, I sanded the end smooth and pressed and twisted it into the foam surface. You have to be careful not to penetrate into the foam. The .093 is just what I had on hand. If I were to do it again I would use .063 dia. Tubing.
                                          Here is a pic of how mine turned out.
                                          Hope this helps!!
                                          Anthony

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X