Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a 6 minute flight video shortened to the base to final landing showing the slow approach and landing speed. Let me know if you want the rest of it I'll post a link, not the best quality though.

Comment

• Update, Hobbysquawk is allergic to mp4 files, so sending it to YouTube and will post a link.

Comment

• Here goes 2nd try.

Comment

• Here's whole 5 and a half minute flight. Not how I normally fly her but was trying to keep her close and slow due to the Koreans wanting to film her.

Comment

• Thank you Phantom. I need all the help I can get,LOL. This is very good information. I think the plane was a little nose heavy yesterday. As soon as I get the bird back together I’ll set it up this way. Thanks Ph.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
              Thank you Phantom. I need all the help I can get,LOL. This is very good information. I think the plane was a little nose heavy yesterday. As soon as I get the bird back together I’ll set it up this way. Thanks Ph.
              No worries glad I could help, most of us have repaired the nose gear on this one

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I bought the upgraded gear all around, but I only installed the upgraded mains. That and cutting a 1/3 off the spring in the stock nose gear along with moving the CG back well behind what the manual called for eliminated all bronco/bouncing.
                Phantom, did you cut any off of the main springs?

Comment

Phantom, did you cut any off of the main springs?
                  On the upgraded mains, no. Just installed them, no mods.

Comment

• Question for anyone who has purchased the ARF Plus version and put in their own power system.
                    ? How critical is it to use additional capacitors to the esc's? I see that the stock setup had a 4 cap bank added to the esc's for the 80mm fan setup.
                    I plan on using a 80mm edf units along with 150amp esc's that have two 35V470uF caps already installed on each esc. Was thinking the long wire runs up to the batterys might need this mod..not sure..
                    Any advice would be greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Lasko View Post
                      Question for anyone who has purchased the ARF Plus version and put in their own power system.
                      ? How critical is it to use additional capacitors to the esc's? I see that the stock setup had a 4 cap bank added to the esc's for the 80mm fan setup.
                      I plan on using a 80mm edf units along with 150amp esc's that have two 35V470uF caps already installed on each esc. Was thinking the long wire runs up to the batterys might need this mod..not sure..
                      Any advice would be greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance.
                      . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2545.JPG
Views:	984
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	250086 .
                      I think with a wire run that long it would be a wise thing to do. I installed them n my ProFly OV-10 build for that reason..

Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Well,, when my nose gear broke, as usual the plastic housing cracked both screw flanges off. I got to looking at it and came up with this idea. When the gear gets force back, it pulls the motor housing of the gear down and away from the plastic mounting box. So I am going to use some very strong double sided servo mount tape to connect the motor housing to the mount box. That way the impact force will have to first break loose the tape before it can break the flanges off of the gear housing. I'll put the tape on that little piece of 1/16 plywood I glued in the mount box. I know it won't solve the problem in a real bad hit, but it should make it a little stronger. You could glue the motor housing in instead of the tape, but I just want to be able to remove the gear easier. Click image for larger version  Name:	Landing gear.jpg Views:	6 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	250229

Comment

• Thanks for your response to my question in the above post Mike T.
                          It looks like you added a "Castle Creations Cap Pack" to your esc's battery leads.....I was planning on doing exactly that.
                          I was at my field yesterday and talked to another Freewing A-10 owner and his setup is "stock" and didn't have this mod and his aircraft flies great....I think this is good insurance to add the cap pack.
                          I am not the guy who mods stuff on airplanes just to do it, but I think this makes sense.
                          Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Lasko View Post
                            Thanks for your response to my question in the above post Mike T.
                            It looks like you added a "Castle Creations Cap Pack" to your esc's battery leads.....I was planning on doing exactly that.
                            I was at my field yesterday and talked to another Freewing A-10 owner and his setup is "stock" and didn't have this mod and his aircraft flies great....I think this is good insurance to add the cap pack.
                            I am not the guy who mods stuff on airplanes just to do it, but I think this makes sense.
                            Thanks again.
                            Thanks. I went right to Castle and asked about it. I found their answer made sense so went with it. Simple to do.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Where can I get the decals that go on the ordinance?? Thanks.

Comment

Where can I get the decals that go on the ordinance?? Thanks.
                                From me. I still have a few sets left. Send me a PM and I'll send you the details.
                                Pat

Comment

• Any photos of the rear of the real missiles? The ones that came with the A-10 are just flat! Nothing there.

Comment

• Hi, I tried to calibrate both ESCs, but I do not get the two 'beeps' to start the process. Any suggestions? Thx

Comment

• Before you power up both the RX and TX do you have the throttle stick all the way up?

Comment

Any photos of the rear of the real missiles? The ones that came with the A-10 are just flat! Nothing there.
                                        The missile you are looking for is the AGM 65 Maverick (left missile on the picture)

Link:https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._rear_view.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	AGM-88_AGM-45_and_AGM-65_rear_view.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	251952

Comment

• depends how you want them depicted, as trainers/inert or loaded. here are various references I have

Comment

Working...
                                          X