Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can also apply Vinyl graphics wet. The moment you start to squeeze the water out they are stuck. I used to get my decals from Decal-it.com and this method worked great. I will give it a try and post the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
      QUESTION! I have a Hobby Eagle Super 3 stabilizer and when I activate my home made "gun sound" motor, it vibrates the fuselage, just like a transducer would with a Mr. RC Sound system. I'm getting a fair amount of aileron,
      rudder and elevator flutter!! Any suggestions? I'm thinking about buying the Mr. RC system, but first I want to make sure this won't happen with it. Thank you Sir.
      Link the switch which turns on your gun sound with the gain control on the gyro so that with sound the gyro is off. Depending on your transmitter, you can do that with modes, conditions, dual rates or mixes. On A3S3, zero gain is the same as turning the gyro off

Comment

• I'll give that a shot! Sounds like the plan! Thank you Para Canary! Just wondering,, Do I go into the Hobby Eagle through the program card, or into the settings in my TX?

Comment

QUESTION! I have a Hobby Eagle Super 3 stabilizer and when I activate my home made "gun sound" motor, it vibrates the fuselage, just like a transducer would with a Mr. RC Sound system. I'm getting a fair amount of aileron,
          rudder and elevator flutter!! Any suggestions? I'm thinking about buying the Mr. RC system, but first I want to make sure this won't happen with it. Thank you Sir.
          Try mounting the gyro on a thicker 2-sided sticky pad OR, turn the gains down.

Comment

I'll give that a shot! Sounds like the plan! Thank you Para Canary! Just wondering,, Do I go into the Hobby Eagle through the program card, or into the settings in my TX?
            You use the a3s3 program card to set the gain to a free channel in the transmitter. You have a channel in the transmitter to control you sound. You link the 2 channels to do what you want. When you turn the the tx ch for sound on then the tx ch for gyro gain goes off. Same thing to adj gyro sensitivity for speed without a gps. Throttle stick j3 increases, gyro gain goes down. You just have to have a tx with enough channels.

Comment

• Thank you again ParaCanary. I'm 70 and these electronic "gizmos" are confusing at times! LOL I have a Spectrum DX 18. That should do it. ( :

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                Try mounting the gyro on a thicker 2-sided sticky pad OR, turn the gains down.
                I mounted the stab- on that vibration jell that I use in my Align 700E heli. It didn't help much. I'll try the gain settings and the solution ParaCanary offered. Thanks y'all!

Comment

• Just my opinion but I would not set up anything that will induce vibration in the airframe. That can lead to major problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                    Just my opinion but I would not set up anything that will induce vibration in the airframe. That can lead to major problems.
                    I understand that, and your right. But there are lots of guys running the Mr. RC Sound and other systems using transducers that vibrate the whole plane in order to make loud sound. I don't want to cut big holes in the plane for speakers.

Comment

• Hi guys,
                      Finally got around to putting the decals on the fuselage. The Callies graphics tigers mouth was too large. I tried the dry transfer and sure enough I tore it trying to get it to conform to the compound curve. I went back to the Callie one and trimmed the size down and used a hair dryer to help smooth it out and it turned out pretty good.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• WN, Necessity, still the mother of invention. Bravo Zulu. She's lookin' just swell, Sir. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hi guys,
                          Finally got around to putting the decals on the fuselage. The Callies graphics tigers mouth was too large. I tried the dry transfer and sure enough I tore it trying to get it to conform to the compound curve. I went back to the Callie one and trimmed the size down and used a hair dryer to help smooth it out and it turned out pretty good.
                          Looks good.

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Hi guys,
                            I finished up the JHH pilot and tinted the front side windows of the canopy and installed. Turned out pretty good.

What clear coat is everyone using on their planes to seal the decals? I am thinking it needs to be a water based clear?
                            Later !!!
                            Anthony
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Waconut really nice work!

Comment

• Waconut Nice work on that cockpit detail! As for sealants, many of us use water-based polycrylic. I use the spray form (rattle can) that can be found at Lowes, Walmart or online...

My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                  I put the A-10 together to see how it’s looking. I will pick up some matt Polycrylic tomorrow and give it a coat to seal the paint and decals. I am having back surgery on Thursday so that is all that will happen for a while.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Great job on your Hawg Waconut

Comment

Hi guys, I put the A-10 together to see how it’s looking..
                                      WN, Kudos to you, I agree with Twowingtj, the cockpit details are Outstanding. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                        I hope everyone is coping with the Coronavirus ok. It has ruined my opportunity to get my back surgery out of the way.

Anyhow I picked up some Matte Polycrylic and sprayed my plane. It did a great job of sealing everything and knocking the gloss down in the decals.

Keep Safe!!
                                        Anthony

Comment

• Does anyone know what type of glue the factory uses to stick these A-10s together? I like the way you can peel things apart and not rip the foam out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X