X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
    Does anyone know what type of glue the factory uses to stick these A-10s together? I like the way you can peel things apart and not rip the foam out. Thanks.
    WH, The 'kit' glue is great and Beacon Foam Tack works similarly. Some believe it is the same glue, though I am not a chemist, it is what I use if I do not have any of the kit glue. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

WH, The 'kit' glue is great and Beacon Foam Tack works similarly. Some believe it is the same glue, though I am not a chemist, it is what I use if I do not have any of the kit glue. Best, LB
      Thanks Elbee. I have the Beacon Foam Tack already, but haven't used it much. Does it stay flexible?

Comment

• Elbee
        Elbee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, at least flexible enough to be used as a hinge on foam aircraft. I believe there is a MotionRC Video by James where he repairs the hinge on a Mustang. I have glued down a canopy with Foam-Tac and removed it later. Just remember when you glue parts that the more you use the more work it will be to remove it the next time...ask me how I know. LOL Best, LB

• This is good to know! Thanks for the info. Elbee. John

Comment

• I like to use the rubber cement that comes with the airplanes. It's easily softened with lighter fluid and removed.

Comment

• Finally got my landing gear done.
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally got my landing gear done.
            Absolutely amazing! This A-10 should be capable of carrier landings!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Absolutely amazing! This A-10 should be capable of carrier landings!!!
              I'm still working on the carrier! LOL Thank you.

Comment

Finally got my landing gear done.
                Wow, you must be expecting some really bad landings with that gear, nice work for sure, but the A-10 is very easy to fly...

Comment

• the oil damper should prevent any bucking bronco from ever happening. nice mod!

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Wow, you must be expecting some really bad landings with that gear, nice work for sure, but the A-10 is very easy to fly...
                    I've been known to do that every now and then. More NOW than THEN! LOL

Comment

• If I had a nickle for every greased landing I could buy a nice meal at Burger King. If I had a nickle for every craptastic landing I could buy a small house.

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I'm finally getting around to fixing my wing pylons from a a nasty bucking bronco I experienced last year at Jet Jam. Second time I ever experienced it, but it was violent enough to snap the nose gear pin and force me to belly land.

Might be a good time to CAD up some replacements while I still have mine to take measurements from

Comment

• Hey Guys...it's been almost a year since I've been on the Squawk! I'm officially retired now and as we've had some unseasonably good weather I have actually done some flying. I took out the A-10 today....I confess she has been a bit of a hanger queen. Partly because it takes two batteries per flight, and partly because I spent so much time on the paint. But today was flights #56-58 and an awesome reminder that this plane is BY FAR the best flyer I have ever had! It is so solid, stable and just plain fun! My friend Rich had a new GPS gizmo that tracks airspeed and the A-10 came in at 118 mph straight and level, and up to 134 mph utilizing Split S dives! Whoo Hoo...Tally Ho! Rob

Comment

• Good to see ya back Rob! Yep, this bird is the one and only that makes me go WOW every single time I take her out, especially when it's been a long time. Still stands as my favorite EDF jet to-date. Such a 5 star winner. Which reminds me, she's overdue for a sortie so I will be bringing her out tomorrow. Happy landings!!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                              Hey Guys...it's been almost a year since I've been on the Squawk! I'm officially retired now and as we've had some unseasonably good weather I have actually done some flying. I took out the A-10 today....I confess she has been a bit of a hanger queen. Partly because it takes two batteries per flight, and partly because I spent so much time on the paint. But today was flights #56-58 and an awesome reminder that this plane is BY FAR the best flyer I have ever had! It is so solid, stable and just plain fun! My friend Rich had a new GPS gizmo that tracks airspeed and the A-10 came in at 118 mph straight and level, and up to 134 mph utilizing Split S dives! Whoo Hoo...Tally Ho! Rob
                              That's a great looking runway there!!

Comment

• RCAV8R Welcome back! 118mph straight and level isn't bad at all, that's about 3x scale speed.

Warthog Your mod looks bulletproof, nice execution!
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha! I work a lot on static models in much smaller scale and envy your work in this scale...it's hard to know when enough is enough! Here's a better look at the A-10 in better light and a sample of what I'm doing currently on a 1:32 P-51D cockpit...

Comment

• RCAV8R, Great to read your voice again. Beautiful work, Sir. Amazingly, scaling up in great detail is easier than I thought, and the techniques are similar in my experience so far, just takes more time. Looking at your pictures, you'll have no problems. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Stunning RCAV8R! Hat's off to you sir!

Had to take mine down from the rafters today. Like I mentioned in the video description, this is hands down the best EDF jet on the market.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Sweet! You were a trend setter with the arctic camo!

Comment

Working...
                                        X