Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone make those aluminum plates for the retracks? I could makes them myself, but I would gladly pay for a set. Thanks.

Comment

• question I have the motion rc f18 90mm and I bought the f16 ordnance to put on my f18 but there is no videos or directions on installing this on my plane has anyone done this or made a videos

Comment

• I painted the top side yesterday and today I went over all the panel lines and rivets with a black mixture in the airbrush. After that was dry I went back over those areas with the base color. I like the effect, it is somewhat subtle. I still need to do the same treatment to the bottom.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Looking sweet so far. There's a fine line between not enough, and overdone.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
            Looking sweet so far. There's a fine line between not enough, and overdone.
            This is so true and cannot be overstated enough. I see so many weathering jobs that are unrealistic because they didn't know they crossed that line of overdone before it was too late. It's very easy to do. But with weathering, if scale realism is what you are after, I always tell people "less is more."
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Last month I attended the e jet fest in Mulberry, Florida hoping to take home best static scale jet with my 70mm F16. There were 2 top gun judges inspecting our planes. One of them said that a lot of the planes at top gun are way overdone. Anyway, I was told that some of those guys at top gun could take lessons from my weathering job, so I felt good about that ! However, I missed the mark on details, and walked away with runner up. No matter how good the weathering job is, it's only a portion of the total score. I'll do better next year.

Comment

• Hi Guys! I was attempting the maiden flight yesterday and something very odd happened. I increased throttle and started the roll out and at near rotation, a loud popping sound. I shut it down and rolled off the end of the runway. Inspection reveals the white plastic part to have come unglued and the spring loaded gear door ripped from its very thin plastic trunnion hinges.

Gear pre-flight retract and extend with no issues. Smooth runway.

There is travel in the retract servo now which may be from running into the grass at the end of the runway. Likely bent trunnion pin, but mowed grass should not do that at landing speed. I'm fortunate I didn't take off.

I'm not sure what to think about this?

Any thoughts?

Thx
                Den
                There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
                  Hi Guys! I was attempting the maiden flight yesterday and something very odd happened. I increased throttle and started the roll out and at near rotation, a loud popping sound. I shut it down and rolled off the end of the runway. Inspection reveals the white plastic part to have come unglued and the spring loaded gear door ripped from its very thin plastic trunnion hinges.
                  That triangular white plastic piece has been known to be poorly glued to the gear door. Several reports of this early in this thread. Even just rolling down the runway has caused it to fall off. Most of the time, it doesn't harm anything. Unfortunately in your case, it got caught on other stuff and ripped off, creating further damage to associated bits and pieces. I've had it happen twice. The first time, no damage but I didn't use the proper glue and it fell off again a few flights later. The second time, it did the damage to mine as it did to yours. I did manage to repair the part that has the holes in it but that didn't last. I purchased a complete new part (with the holes) and it's been good since.

Comment

• I painted the camo pattern on the A-10 today. It didn’t turn out like I had envisioned or planned but I will take it. It should still look Bad A$$ once the weathering is complete and the decals are applied.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                      I painted the camo pattern on the A-10 today. It didn’t turn out like I had envisioned or planned but I will take it.
                      WN, Looks 'Outstanding' from here, Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I like it !

Comment

• Hi guys,
                          I started applying the graphics that I received from Callies and I must say they are great. Anyhow has anyone used her graphics and applied the Sharks mouth? Any pointers would be appreciated I would hate to screw them up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,
                            I started applying the graphics that I received from Callies and I must say they are great. Anyhow has anyone used her graphics and applied the Sharks mouth? Any pointers would be appreciated I would hate to screw them up.
                            WN, did you have Callie Graphics supply you with the 'Sharks Mouth"? I ask only as I had her do the Shark's Mouth for my Freewing F-4 in 2 sets of each different color and used some for 'outline templates' and others then for application. Worked well using the White paint for the large compound curved area and then the Red graphics and striping for the other colors. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0038.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	241899Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039.JPG
Views:	568
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	241900Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	241901
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hi guys,
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0229.JPG
Views:	568
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	241904Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	241903Click image for larger version

Name:	micosol_micoset-370x370.png
Views:	551
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	241905

It's water-slide. take your time. I found that Micro -Sol and Set made a huge difference on how the decal set down. Worked great.

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• LB,
                                Yes Callie supplied the Sharks Mouth.

Mike,
                                I am using vinyl graphics supplied by Callies Graphics. I am not using the stick water slide decals.
                                Thanks!!
                                Anthony

Comment

LB,
                                  Yes Callie supplied the Sharks Mouth.

Mike,
                                  I am using vinyl graphics supplied by Callies Graphics. I am not using the stick water slide decals.
                                  Thanks!!
                                  Anthony
                                  Use the watersilde that came with the A-10 from Motion. I used most of Callie's stuff but not the vinyl shark mouth.

Mike

Comment

• I will try the vinyl first. I hate water slide decals.

Comment

I will try the vinyl first. I hate water slide decals.
                                      Keep us posted.
                                      Mike

Comment

• As much as I dislike waterslide decals, at least for a curvy surface and a relatively large decal, they go on better, can be slid around and can conform to odd lumps and bumps better. If it doesn't work out, don't completely blot out all the water and you can soak it all down more and it comes off fairly well. Vinyl, on the other hand, once it makes contact and sticks (even mildly on a small spot), is a bugger to lift off and relocate. Lifting off a vinyl decal can sometimes take paint with it. Callie Graphic decals are high quality but they have really good "stickem" and the vinyl is much thicker than a waterslide due to the backing on the top side.

Comment

• QUESTION! I have a Hobby Eagle Super 3 stabilizer and when I activate my home made "gun sound" motor, it vibrates the fuselage, just like a transducer would with a Mr. RC Sound system. I'm getting a fair amount of aileron,
                                          rudder and elevator flutter!! Any suggestions? I'm thinking about buying the Mr. RC system, but first I want to make sure this won't happen with it. Thank you Sir.

Comment

Working...
                                          X