First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir,
    You got this , just keep going,
    OUTSTANDING
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• [QUOTE=Wobisch;I'm happy with the result.[/QUOTE]

Wobisch, Ya Think! Bravo Zulu!:Cool:Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Unfortunately the photos do not show how cool it looks.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20181028_163221.jpg Views:	1 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	158581
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20181028_163206.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.2 KB ID:	158582Click image for larger version  Name:	20181028_163158.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	158583

for preshading I used Vallejo 71029 and 71109 and then I covered with 71276 USAF light grey
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20181028_172519.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	158584

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk!!! Very cool indeed!! I have one about to go to paint soon... It will be a lot like yours, but in a different country's livery....

Comment

• Incredible work! Do more, do more!

Comment

• The principle is simple.... execution takes practice! Again ... well done
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• If tou land like that it doesn’t matter what struts you use. :)

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Pilot Ryan and Capt. Mike posted a video of a bunch of touch-n-gos with the A-10 at their relatively small field. Showcases how slow you can get this bird with full flaps. Might help you visualize if it will work for your field:

Comment

• If tou land like that it doesn’t matter what struts you use. :) Landed like a butterfly with sore feet!

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Pilot Ryan and Capt. Mike posted a video of a bunch of touch-n-gos with the A-10 at their relatively small field. Showcases how slow you can get this bird with full flaps. Might help you visualize if it will work for your field:

Comment

• He does happen to be using the upgraded mains in the video however....;)

Comment

• Thats actually why I made that comment. :)
                      He mentioned in the video it was his first flight with his new struts but landed so perfectly that they didnt even compress.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      He does happen to be using the upgraded mains in the video however....;)

Comment

• Need help folks. My A-10 is coming closer. Painting is done. I have a couple questions...

1) The pushrod for the inner flap is WAY too short. Instructions want me to use a 63mm pushrod. Even with the flaps all the way down the 63 wont reach the 'neutral' servo horn. I measured and think I need a 92mm pushrod. (I know I could remove the control horn on the servo and adjust it but I would have to dig into the wing to get to the set screw). Did anyone else have this issue? What did you do?

2) Hooked up electronic and radio for the first time. Everything is fine except...the throttle is not the same for both engines. At about 1/10th throttle one engine is going but the other doesnt until a higher throttle setting. How do I sync them?

All help appreciated!!

Stilgar

Comment

• bill34207
                          bill34207 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          For the throttle, you need to calibrate the endpoints. transmitter on, apply full throttle and plug in the flight battery. You should hear a couple of beeps at which time you go back to zero throttle. It should give the 6 beep cell count and arm. Calibration complete. Since only one side has a BEC you will need to power your RX with a small battery to do the same with the lead that does not have the BEC.

• Stilgar99
                          Stilgar99 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank Bill. I got it working right before I saw your reply but your were right. When I powered the tx separately and then connected I got the expected beeps and calibrated!. All is well now....

Except for my flap pushrods....sigh

• What kind of radio are you using? With Spektrum (flap system setup) I put the flap switch in the mid position. That should have the servo horn at the 90 degree point. From there I move to the flap up position and adjust the travel % to move the control horns to the rear of the wing just short of digging into the foam.At this point I add my linkages with the flaps in the up position. (I had no problems with them being too short on mine.) from there I go back to the mid position and adjust for the correct value. Once done there go to the full down and adjust the percentage for the correct throw there.
                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Stilgar99
                          Stilgar99 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have a specktrum. I went to the flap system and set the travel % as far as it would go (-100%). It was still too short. The flap would have been about 5ish mm down...

• You can go into the sub trim settings and adjust the servo centering for the flaps (aux 1) and maybe stretch out your -100 throw on the flap menu...

Comment

• GAH!...I solved it....OPERATOR ERROR....(I was confused by instructions and used the wrong SIZE pushrod)... Got it all working now. Thanks folks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stilgar99 View Post
                            1) The pushrod for the inner flap is WAY too short. Instructions want me to use a 63mm pushrod. Even with the flaps all the way down the 63 wont reach the 'neutral' servo horn. I measured and think I need a 92mm pushrod. (I know I could remove the control horn on the servo and adjust it but I would have to dig into the wing to get to the set screw). Did anyone else have this issue? What did you do?
                            First, are you measuring the rods correctly? The length is NOT the total length that includes the ball socket. It's only the metal part to the end of the threads. In the picture below, you can see the inner flap. It's the shorter one.

Name:	IMG_3257.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	159324

The outer one is the longer one.

Name:	IMG_3258.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	159325

As you can see, they fit just right.
                            Next, did you "zero" your servo? NOT neutralize them, but zero the flap servos. In this next photo, you can see that you need to fiddle with the subtrim (and sometimes with the flap menu settings, too) to get the servo to the end of their travel.

Name:	IMG_3259.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	159326

As it turns out for this plane, the flap menu settings were pretty straight forward and needed no weird settings. Some of my other planes required the settings to NOT coincide with "0% for neutral, 50% for take off, 100% for landing". Sometimes, to get the flaps to level, on my other planes, I needed something strange like -35%. You do whatever it takes to zero the flap servos. You may also have to play with reversing.

Name:	IMG_3260.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	159327

Comment

• Stilgar99
                              Stilgar99 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks Xviper...but I solved it (see above)....simple answer.....operator error....

• xviper
                              xviper commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Glad to hear it. Happens to all of us at some point.

• OK...new problem folks.
                            The front landing gear door stays open when the gear is down. All the videos seem to show that it should close after the gear is down. But it doesnt.....any ideas?

All help appreciated!

Stilgar

Comment

• Originally posted by Stilgar99 View Post
                              OK...new problem folks.
                              The front landing gear door stays open when the gear is down. All the videos seem to show that it should close after the gear is down. But it doesnt.....any ideas?

All help appreciated!

Stilgar
                              There is nothing wrong with your nose door. The original version had a control board that would close the nose door after the nose gear deployed. The new version leaves the door open. On the full size plane, the door stays open, so they changed it to scale.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                There is nothing wrong with your nose door. The original version had a control board that would close the nose door after the nose gear deployed. The new version leaves the door open. On the full size plane, the door stays open, so they changed it to scale.
                                Ahh...ok...Thanks!

Comment

• Hello all, being lurking here for days, glad I found this Forum...having my bird delivered tomorrow from MotionRC, got lucky, they had 3 in stock and next day they went out of stock!

I am old school flyer, coming back to fixed wings after many years, flying drones for the last 6 years. I want ask you guys which radio should I use for the A-10 (I probably will need some help programing), I have 3 Radios available for it, Futaba T10J with a R3008SB (SBUS) RX, a FRSKY Taranis X9D with a X8R TX and a Spektrum DX6i...I have AR610 6Ch TX or I can buy a more suitable for the A-10.

Still have too many pages here to go, I guess will be a winter project

Thanks for any help

Ed

Comment

• Welcome Ed, and congrats on getting the A-10! She is definitely an awesome flying bird. All you need for this is 6 channels, unless you want to have nose gear steering on a separate channel, then you need 7. Any of the radios you have currently would work fine, and there is no tricky programming required, just your basic 6 channels.

She doesn't take long to assemble, maybe 2 hours if you take your time. Takes longer to put all the decals on! There some good tips and tricks in this thread and on the A-10 Modifications thread (buried some ways down in this sub-forum), but this plane does not "require" any significant modifications. Freewing and Motion got this one right from the beginning.
                                    Pat

Comment

Working...
                                    X