X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
    IS there any thing found that improves over all flight performance, not speed?
    Yes, arm it to the teeth!

On a serious note, some people have claimed there is some pitch coupling where the plane pitches down when you do a sudden throttle change ( can be a butt clencher if you are throttle up for a go-around when low to the ground). I made some more scale looking thrust nozzles, which these same folk have stated fix that pitching issue. Find a friend who can print these off for you. You can see them installed on my green hog vs the stock nozzles on the gray one in the second picture.

Comment

• Thanks guys for the info, It gives me a good starting point.
      Rick

Comment

• DD,

loving your nozzles!
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
          Yes, arm it to the teeth!
          DD, Sierra Hotel. Did you replace all your A-10 pylons with your 'centerline' size? Great photos. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DD, Sierra Hotel. Did you replace all your A-10 pylons with your 'centerline' size? Great photos. Best, LB
            Wing pylons are stock. The center of fuselage ones are the 3D printed ones I designed.

in reality almost each pylon on the wing has a different shape, and FW matched that

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
              ...almost every pylon on the wing has a different shape, and FW matched that
              DD, Just picked up a copy of Reid Air Publications "The Modern Hog Guide 2nd Edition-Exposed" and cannot believe all the great photos. I will be required to build another FW A-10 with more stuff on it. LOL I know I've said it before, thanks for all you do. Simply amazing. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• That is a great book!!! I posted that link to the Hog Guide at the very start of this thread. I was going to do it again since it is quite long and detailed and hard to read all 437 pages... LOL

Comment

• Comment

• I completely forgot to post the video of my A-10 from Saturday

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I have a constant alternating twitch in both engine
                      s and
                      constant beeping when I hook up both batteries and continues when transmitter is turned on but becomes much faster. I have a 7 channel Spektrum AR7350 AS3X and a Spektrum DX6e Transmitter.
                      After the Control board is hooked up I have one throttle wire going to position one on Receiver and one wire coming from ESC going to Battery position on Receiver. I have had plane for one year, have not had time to get this resolved. Last year called dealer and engine Calibration was completed. did not resolve problem! If anyone can help would really appreciate!

Comment

• Originally posted by DHebb View Post
                        I have a constant alternating twitch in both engine
                        s and
                        constant beeping when I hook up both batteries and continues when transmitter is turned on but becomes much faster. I have a 7 channel Spektrum AR7350 AS3X and a Spektrum DX6e Transmitter.
                        After the Control board is hooked up I have one throttle wire going to position one on Receiver and one wire coming from ESC going to Battery position on Receiver. I have had plane for one year, have not had time to get this resolved. Last year called dealer and engine Calibration was completed. did not resolve problem! If anyone can help would really appreciate!
                        If I'm reading this right, you are powering up the plane first, THEN turning the transmitter on? This is wrong. The TX should always be turned on first (except when binding).
                        Neither throttle wires from the ESCs should go directly to the receiver. Both throttles get plugged into the control board, then the single throttle wire from the control board goes into the throttle on the Rx. Nothing should go into the BIND port except the external BEC and that's after you've bound it. Till then, the BEC can be plugged into any empty port on the Rx (or can be left permanently if that port isn't needed by something else). Since you have a 7-ch Rx and only a 6-ch Tx, the BEC can be left in the ch. 7 port to power the Rx.

Comment

• Has the landing gear been updated on the plane from the original gear the plane first came with when it was introduced?

Comment

• Originally posted by weedsnager View Post
                            Has the landing gear been updated on the plane from the original gear the plane first came with when it was introduced?
                            I think it is still the same gear as far as I know, mine is one of the first ones that came out and I haven't done one thing to the gear, all original so far, just land it the same everytime, come in slow, nose high and hold the flare, add power if needed and don't hit the nose gear first, if not I guess some have had a bad bounce that ends in disaster.

Comment

• There are upgrade struts available for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                There are upgrade struts available for it.
                                I understand upgrades are available..but that wasn’t the question...

Comment

• No... Not that I am aware of at this time... The last one I received had the original style gear. That was about 6 months ago...

Comment

• They have not changed the struts and I don't believe there is any intention to do so.

Comment

• Thanks boys

Comment

• Motion calls them "upgrades" and offers them as an after the purchase option. It all depends on the type of runway you have and your landing technique. The stock gear is an "Oleo" type (up and down) on the nose and trailing links on the mains. Motion offered a trailing link for the front and Oleos for the mains for those who felt they might help with their landings. Some who fly off paved runways elected to turn the stock mains around to lessen the "bounce of death" OR buy the "upgrade" Oleos and leave the nose as is. Those who fly off rough surfaces like I do, kept the stock trailing link mains as it and swapped out the stock nose gear with the trailing link strut as shown in the "upgrade section of the web page. For me, this has eliminated the "bounce of death". I've not had a problem landing since I did the swap.

Comment

• I upgraded my mains and left the stock nose strut. I fly off a variety of surfaces and have not had any problems since making the change.

Comment

Working...
                                          X