Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! Not sure if anyone is interested, but i have found a sweet little cache of Spektrum AR9350 ASMX rx's Canada. Evasive lil buggars..where they say discontinued, they mean it. But persistence pays!!

if you're interested they can be found here, if interested https://amr-rc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=ar9350

they wont last , good luck!

Comment

• Hi All, I asked this question in the Q&A however ( sorry ) I cant find the answer that was clearly given.
      I am on the fence about any jet with a grass field, all attempts at our field fail.
      My really question is can this model handle in size and weight the Hobby King 6s 5000 Graphenes ? This is all i use for my prop blade warbirds and I would like to stay with the same battery’s on all my models.
      I am assuming if it can, the battery area is large enough to meet the CG via battery movement manipulation.
      Thanks for the help

Comment

• Hi Guys,
        I’m new to electrics and just purchased the A-10 and Shock Wave 3 system. Can someone show me their install. Not sure about speaker placement or if I have to cut the fuse then place screen over the top etc. thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
          Hi All, I asked this question in the Q&A however ( sorry ) I cant find the answer that was clearly given.
          I am on the fence about any jet with a grass field, all attempts at our field fail.
          My really question is can this model handle in size and weight the Hobby King 6s 5000 Graphenes ? This is all i use for my prop blade warbirds and I would like to stay with the same battery’s on all my models.
          I am assuming if it can, the battery area is large enough to meet the CG via battery movement manipulation.
          Thanks for the help
          The A-10 can handle a RT 6250 35c and excellent grass ops.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteStevens View Post
            Hi Guys,
            I’m new to electrics and just purchased the A-10 and Shock Wave 3 system. Can someone show me their install. Not sure about speaker placement or if I have to cut the fuse then place screen over the top etc. thanks!
            Call me 📞. 586-484-5239. You'll really like the Shock Wave 3. All I have are the still photos. However I can do a short video when I get home from work for the details.

Comment

Hi All, I asked this question in the Q&A however ( sorry ) I cant find the answer that was clearly given.
              Thanks for the help
              I think I answered that question on the Motion website but just looked and don't see the question or the answer posted under the Q&A. Anyway, I'm sure that the stock A-10 can handle the weight with no problem as far as flying, but not sure of the weight of those Graphenes. This aircraft has an excellent power to weight ratio. I fly with 2 RT 35C 6250's (each weighing 795 g) all the way back, in fact removed the control board so I could get the aft battery all the way in to achieve a balance point of 92 mm as my 3D redesigned cockpit and pilot added extra weight of 150 g. My other point was that you don't really need the extra C that I think the Graphenes offer. If I'm not mistaken, the HobbyKing Graphenes weigh about 920 g each and are a 75C battery. If so, you're adding about 240 g of extra weight that is not really going to help the EDF performance (as a lower C battery will work just fine in these EDF's). I get over 5 minutes of aggressive flying on the 2 6250's and rarely am at full throttle, except take-off (on grass) and testing out vertical climb. 50% to 70% throttle gets you just about anything you want. And the most important point, IMO, is to balance it in the 92 mm range instead of the book point of 78 mm, which not only results, IMO, in better flying characteristics but is imperative in landing on the mains with the nose up. The only thing that will get you in trouble with this bird is landing with the front nose gear touching first which will give you the dreaded "bucking bronco". Landing with the balance point of 92 mm has resulted, for me anyway, in 100% of the landings being mains first and probably the easiest landing EDF I have. So I guess you could fly with the graphenes as long as you can achieve the right balance point, but I'd rather trade off that extra weight for a higher mAh battery and get more flight time. Hey, the HobbyStar 8000 mah batteries weight about 900 g each and theoretically would give you 50-60% more flight time, and I can't use these and balance where I need to, so doubt you will be able to with the graphenes. Unnecessary weight with these foamies is not your friend, but the extra weight of cockpit mods, pilots, paint, etc. is what I would call completely necessary extra weight.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I think I answered that question on the Motion website but just looked and don't see the question or the answer posted under the Q&A. Anyway, I'm sure that the stock A-10 can handle the weight with no problem as far as flying, but not sure of the weight of those Graphenes. This aircraft has an excellent power to weight ratio. I fly with 2 RT 35C 6250's (each weighing 795 g) all the way back, in fact removed the control board so I could get the aft battery all the way in to achieve a balance point of 92 mm as my 3D redesigned cockpit and pilot added extra weight of 150 g. My other point was that you don't really need the extra C that I think the Graphenes offer. If I'm not mistaken, the HobbyKing Graphenes weigh about 920 g each and are a 75C battery. If so, you're adding about 240 g of extra weight that is not really going to help the EDF performance (as a lower C battery will work just fine in these EDF's). I get over 5 minutes of aggressive flying on the 2 6250's and rarely am at full throttle, except take-off (on grass) and testing out vertical climb. 50% to 70% throttle gets you just about anything you want. And the most important point, IMO, is to balance it in the 92 mm range instead of the book point of 78 mm, which not only results, IMO, in better flying characteristics but is imperative in landing on the mains with the nose up. The only thing that will get you in trouble with this bird is landing with the front nose gear touching first which will give you the dreaded "bucking bronco". Landing with the balance point of 92 mm has resulted, for me anyway, in 100% of the landings being mains first and probably the easiest landing EDF I have. So I guess you could fly with the graphenes as long as you can achieve the right balance point, but I'd rather trade off that extra weight for a higher mAh battery and get more flight time. Hey, the HobbyStar 8000 mah batteries weight about 900 g each and theoretically would give you 50-60% more flight time, and I can't use these and balance where I need to, so doubt you will be able to with the graphenes. Unnecessary weight with these foamies is not your friend, but the extra weight of cockpit mods, pilots, paint, etc. is what I would call completely necessary extra weight.
                I fly mine at 13lbs with no problem. 2x RT 6250 same as yours, sound system with twin transducer speakers and added lights using a 2 cell lipo and 3 cell for the sound system which I plan on changing to a balance plug to the RT lipo. Use the full 22.2 volts on the sound system. 4 years and one of the first off the boat.

Comment

• Graphene and Graphene Panthers in 6s, 5000mah weigh much more than the RT 6250s - 858g and 920g respectively. They will work but it may be necessary to move the control board as far back as possible (up against the rear bulkhead) and perhaps a new battery strap installed if the heavier Graphenes are used. (Since that's what he has and doesn't wish to buy different brands of batteries.)

Comment

• Guys thanks for actually listening, all great advice. My packs come in at 858 grams vs the stated packs above at 795 grams per pack. That is a 126 grams of total gain vs your examples but with your advice I can move onboard system around to play with the weight.
                    As stated weight is not your friend in foamy and its not your friend in epower period. If you go to RCG ( Giant Electric Plane forums ) you will see my zero conversion. The model had a G62 gas engine + 3.5 lbs of dead weight. I was able to make the conversion with tons of reallocation and achieve CG with zero added weight.

My concern with the A10 is that many of the components will not be movable outside of the board and lipos. Usually I move servos when needed to change the CG as a final task.
                    Its sound like this model can handle the weight of the Graphenes, I just did not want another grass mower like the L39 .
                    Not one member at my club can get their L39 off a normal cut field !

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Graphene and Graphene Panthers in 6s, 5000mah weigh much more than the RT 6250s - 858g and 920g respectively. They will work but it may be necessary to move the control board as far back as possible (up against the rear bulkhead) and perhaps a new battery strap installed if the heavier Graphenes are used. (Since that's what he has and doesn't wish to buy different brands of batteries.)
                      xviper I agree, I think you are right about moving the control board to the back bulkhead. I even had to do that with the 2 RT 6250's and move the straps back because of the extra weight of the modified cockpit. Graphenes are outstanding batteries and give a more consistent and higher discharge rate (C) than standard Lipo's, but the trade off is more weight and cost. IMO, after testing a lot of batteries on my various prop and EDF aircraft, they usually don't really need an extremely high C, with the exception of some of the EDF inrunners and therefore I feel the extra weight and cost is not warranted. Maybe for heli's (which I do not fly so this is a guess), the higher C would offer a bigger benefit. All of my prop and outrunner EDF's give almost the same initial thrust on a 35C battery as they do on a 70C battery. My EDF inrunners show about 5%-8%% more thrust from a 70C than the 35C, but that only is significant at take-off and if I can get off the grass with the 35C-50C battery, I'd rather have more flight time and less weight. I fly my Corsair and Spitfire on a standard Admiral 5000 mAh battery, weight around 720 g, and get 8 minutes or more and rarely use full throttle, not even on take-off. A 920 g graphene 5000 mAh battery in those, IMO would be like putting a Sumo wrestler in a box car racer. I think the same analogy will fit on the A-10, but there a lot of ways to skin the cat and whatever each pilot likes and feels comfortable with, that's the real answer.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I Appreciate the comments of the C ratings but I fly all my warbirds on 6s or 12s Graphenes with zero, nada, never dead weight.
                        On the Flightline Corsair, I use the 6cells 5000 graphene and removed all the dead weight that comes with the model at the factory. That plane flys so well, so dead on CG that its actually boring lol !
                        Every model below is 6s or 12 s Graphenes using the lipo during the bash/assembly or conversion from glow to epower with the goal of zero dead weight for CG. With care you can use the lipo to achieve CG and not add dead weight . Top Flight P40, CMP Zero, TF Bearcat, Corsair, Flight Line Corsair
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman I used to swear by Graphenes until I was put onto HRBs (thanks Hugh and others) and ChinaHobbyLine, both of which are just as good LiPo's and for much less money. I still have all my Graphene's and all of them still perform well.

Comment

I Appreciate the comments of the C ratings but I fly all my warbirds on 6s or 12s Graphenes with zero, nada, never dead weight.
                            On the Flightline Corsair, I use the 6cells 5000 graphene and removed all the dead weight that comes with the model at the factory. That plane flys so well, so dead on CG that its actually boring lol !
                            Every model below is 6s or 12 s Graphenes using the lipo during the bash/assembly or conversion from glow to epower with the goal of zero dead weight for CG. With care you can use the lipo to achieve CG and not add dead weight . Top Flight P40, CMP Zero, TF Bearcat, Corsair, Flight Line Corsair
                            Absolutely outstanding squadron, tremendous work and that cockpit on the Corsair rivals the real thing.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Thank you Hugh ! I use to be a builder ,now just a basher, hoping to be a builder once again very soon ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CqQ3EBmdok
                              On the Value lipos I have tried but they seem to always be out of stock

Comment

Thank you Hugh ! I use to be a builder ,now just a basher, hoping to be a builder once again very soon ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CqQ3EBmdok
                                On the Value lipos I have tried but they seem to always be out of stock
                                OMG, what do you mean USED to be a builder. That Zero is way over the top with the oversized rivets, operating canopy and the scratch built instrument cockpit. If you're just a basher, I'm a crasher!

Regarding Value Lipos, I assume you are speaking about the G-Force Lipos from Value Hobby. If you're game and they don't get back in stock for a while, I've found the HRB 50C lipos on Amazon an excellent value and they test out with an actual tested C (on my Progressive IR meter and GT power meter on the motor) the same as the Roaring Top 70C batteries, which I also like. The HRB 6000 50C is $75 each and weighs 824 g and the 5000 50C costs $68 (not sure what the weight is on that as I don't have any). The RT's are a little more expensive but seem to be decent batteries as well (although I'm told that some people have had issues with them after about 40 uses-none yet for me on some 20 batteries and at least that level of use if not more). The RT 5500 70C is around $125 and weighs 796 g and the RT 6250 35C is around $93 and weighs 794 g.

A flying buddy of mine, RudyD54 , uses another brand on his Mig 29, Gripen, F-22 & P-51, forgot what it is so hope he chimes in here, which tested better than the HRB's and RT's and if I'm not mistaken, are priced less than $65 for the 6000 and even lower for the 5000. Doesn't hurt to have options, but looks like your definitely "in the right groove". Can't wait to see what you do with the A-10, I think you will absolutely fall in love with it. Since it first came out, I never felt like I would get one, it just never "blew my skirt up". The only reason I finally did get one was because I wanted to do something in the Arctic Camo livery and that one seemed as good as any since I already had an F-16 in other liveries. After flying it, I have to say it is my favorite EDF, with the Corsair as my favorite prop warbird, both very hard to leave out of the truck when I'm off to the field, but the others need some love as well (who am I kidding, like my children, can't really say I love one over the other).
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

OMG, what do you mean USED to be a builder. That Zero is way over the top with the oversized rivets, operating canopy and the scratch built instrument cockpit. If you're just a basher, I'm a crasher!

Regarding Value Lipos, I assume you are speaking about the G-Force Lipos from Value Hobby. If you're game and they don't get back in stock for a while, I've found the HRB 50C lipos on Amazon an excellent value and they test out with an actual tested C (on my Progressive IR meter and GT power meter on the motor) the same as the Roaring Top 70C batteries, which I also like. The HRB 6000 50C is $75 each and weighs 824 g and the 5000 50C costs $68 (not sure what the weight is on that as I don't have any). The RT's are a little more expensive but seem to be decent batteries as well (although I'm told that some people have had issues with them after about 40 uses-none yet for me on some 20 batteries and at least that level of use if not more). The RT 5500 70C is around $125 and weighs 796 g and the RT 6250 35C is around $93 and weighs 794 g.

A flying buddy of mine, RudyD54 , uses another brand on his Mig 29, Gripen, F-22 & P-51, forgot what it is so hope he chimes in here, which tested better than the HRB's and RT's and if I'm not mistaken, are priced less than $65 for the 6000 and even lower for the 5000. Doesn't hurt to have options, but looks like your definitely "in the right groove". Can't wait to see what you do with the A-10, I think you will absolutely fall in love with it. Since it first came out, I never felt like I would get one, it just never "blew my skirt up". The only reason I finally did get one was because I wanted to do something in the Arctic Camo livery and that one seemed as good as any since I already had an F-16 in other liveries. After flying it, I have to say it is my favorite EDF, with the Corsair as my favorite prop warbird, both very hard to leave out of the truck when I'm off to the field, but the others need some love as well (who am I kidding, like my children, can't really say I love one over the other).
                                  Hey there Hugh!

I’m using Liperior 6s 5000 45c in my MiG and 2x Liperior 4s 5000 45c in my 8s F-22 and I’m blown away by their performance. The price is a bonus and I’ve paid more than double for batteries with half the performance. I believe they were ~$50 for the 6s and mid $30s for the 4s. I read about them in the following thread which is full of absolutely all the Lipo information you could ever want/need:

I believe their new stock has arrived and they’re just waiting on customs release. The website is rcbattery.com.

I also HIGHLY recommend the SMC flight packs if you’re looking for all out performance. They blow everything else out of the water at less weight but they’re a bit more expensive. I frankly don’t know how they do it.

Comment

• Guys thanks for the great advice and kind words. On the budget lipos I was looking at Liperior brand but he was constantly out of stock, perhaps after the holiday rush he will restock. I did have some email conversions with the owner and he seems like a straight up guy selling reliable products. At the low cost its seems too good to be true, amazing cost !
                                    I am pulling the trigger on the A 10

Comment

...I am pulling the trigger on the A 10
                                      BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT !!!
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• It had to be done.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• lol Public school kid lol , did not get this joke in its full written talent until I read it twice lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X