X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    You can bypass the BB for everything if you want. You can even get a cheap gear door sequencer for cheap and get rid of the BB entirely. However, the BB is a convenience feature and keeping the ribbon cable makes for fewer connections every time you put the wings ON/OFF.
    I've had no issues with the stock ESCs.
    So basically the control board acts like a big Y harness for everything if we want. Ok, that is what I needed to know..Thank you sir!

Comment

• It's also a gear sequencer and light controller.

Comment

• **MAYDAY MAYDAY**

I hate to bother you guys, but I am having a real hard time getting these esc's sorted on this A-10 80mm.. I just picked up my FW Corsair from PO today, so I figure I need to get this sorted quick lol..I am following everything I've read on the board pertaining to calibrating/arming the esc..I have a Spektrum DX8G2/Spektrum8000 rx, I've bound it and powered up the board. I have lights, a set of beeping esc's that will not arm and I can not use anything else? Just a slow steady beep. I have my tx on/throttle stick at full. I then plug batteries into esc's, Rx is powered by the connected ubec. I throttle down immediately, still beeping. Tx throttle trim is all the way down. I try and do them separate, still just beeps.. Again I'm real sorry to bother you guys, I'm just not sure what I am doing wrong.. I really appreciate any guidance you can offer..

Josh in Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by Look ma, no trim View Post
          **MAYDAY MAYDAY**

I hate to bother you guys, but I am having a real hard time getting these esc's sorted on this A-10 80mm.. I just picked up my FW Corsair from PO today, so I figure I need to get this sorted quick lol..I am following everything I've read on the board pertaining to calibrating/arming the esc..I have a Spektrum DX8G2/Spektrum8000 rx, I've bound it and powered up the board. I have lights, a set of beeping esc's that will not arm and I can not use anything else? Just a slow steady beep. I have my tx on/throttle stick at full. I then plug batteries into esc's, Rx is powered by the connected ubec. I throttle down immediately, still beeping. Tx throttle trim is all the way down. I try and do them separate, still just beeps.. Again I'm real sorry to bother you guys, I'm just not sure what I am doing wrong.. I really appreciate any guidance you can offer..

Josh in Florida
          Make sure you plug in the non bec connection first, then the bec connection. Repeat the process. The other would be the ESC line to the RX isn't connected properly. The ESC isn't receiving the signal from the RX. Then the rest of what you did. The only thing I can think of.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Make sure you plug in the non bec connection first, then the bec connection. Repeat the process. The other would be the ESC line to the RX isn't connected properly. The ESC isn't receiving the signal from the RX. Then the rest of what you did. The only thing I can think of.
            Agree. One thing I have done when the overlapping tones get confusing is just work on the one with the UBEC first, so you only have one tone set at a time. Then when you figure out what is going on, you can do the dual-cal as described above.

Also, I'm sorry if this is too dumb to mention, but I have gotten stuck for an hour on this before so....make sure you don't have a throttle-cut switch set that is invalidating your throttle stick movement.

Comment

Thank you for the reply ColtPiltot !!
              Ok, so I opened up a new rx, and have them bound and synched, I believe lol.. I guess crashed reciever snuck past me ..However, they still beep? I have throttle control, but as soon a return to 0 throttle, they begin to beep again..Is this normal?

Comment

Thank you for the reply ColtPiltot !!
                Ok, so I opened up a new rx, and have them bound and synched, I believe lol.. I guess crashed reciever snuck past me ..However, they still beep? I have throttle control, but as soon a return to 0 throttle, they begin to beep again..Is this normal?
                No, not normal. Should have nothing at full down throttle stick. No noise nothing. The new ESC's you have to be quick to set. Had to on the AL-37. Had to go through the process 3 times and finally got it. Have to be quick on the first beebs.

Comment

No, not normal. Should have nothing at full down throttle stick. No noise nothing. The new ESC's you have to be quick to set. Had to on the AL-37. Had to go through the process 3 times and finally got it. Have to be quick on the first beebs.
                  So I believe I've eliminated the noise. Now I'm noticing 1 fan come on before another. Once spun up, if i drop it down to almost 0 throttle, 1 fan will stop while the other continues. However, once I raise throttle they both spin again.. Wasn't that covered by lowering the stick from top to bottom after plugging it in, during the process you explained to me??

Thanks Colt Pilot!

Comment

• Did you say your throttle trim is all the way down? I would put it back to center and recalibrate.
                    Pat

Comment

So I believe I've eliminated the noise. Now I'm noticing 1 fan come on before another. Once spun up, if i drop it down to almost 0 throttle, 1 fan will stop while the other continues. However, once I raise throttle they both spin again.. Wasn't that covered by lowering the stick from top to bottom after plugging it in, during the process you explained to me??

Thanks Colt Pilot!
                      That seems to tell me that you have set the brake ON to one of the ESCs. Somehow, in the process of trying to calibrate the throttles, you allowed one ESC to go into programming mode. IE, you lowered the throttle on that ESC too late. I think you need to test it again to see if the brake is indeed ON. When you lower the throttle, does one fan actually stop itself fairly quickly? If so, the brake is ON. You'll need to find the instructions for the ESCs and take the brake OFF. Then I suggest you do the throttle calibration again, properly. Do one side at a time as it seems it doesn't work for you when you try to do it both together.

Comment

That seems to tell me that you have set the brake ON to one of the ESCs. Somehow, in the process of trying to calibrate the throttles, you allowed one ESC to go into programming mode. IE, you lowered the throttle on that ESC too late. I think you need to test it again to see if the brake is indeed ON. When you lower the throttle, does one fan actually stop itself fairly quickly? If so, the brake is ON. You'll need to find the instructions for the ESCs and take the brake OFF. Then I suggest you do the throttle calibration again, properly. Do one side at a time as it seems it doesn't work for you when you try to do it both together.
                        Not really. Even if i star from zero throttle and idle up, if i do it gently i can get the one to spin slightly before the other.. I thought they should mirror one another, no?

Comment

• yes they should. If after resetting both esc to default and then calibrate both esc and they still do not start at the same time then do this.
                          Put both esc on separate channels and adjust the low throttle endpoint for each esc in your transmitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ParaCanary View Post
                            yes they should. If after resetting both esc to default and then calibrate both esc and they still do not start at the same time then do this.
                            Put both esc on separate channels and adjust the low throttle endpoint for each esc in your transmitter.
                            How do you reset the esc? I've been read the manual and dont see a reset option..

Comment

How do you reset the esc? I've been read the manual and dont see a reset option..
                              Do you have the ESC manual? It's NOT in the plane's manual. You can download the ESC manual if you go to the product support page.

Comment

• A video of my dilemma..

Im not really sure how to set 2 throttle channels and dialing in low throttle endpoints,ttbh, to bypass resetting the esc.. Im game though, I have. G2 DX8.. Ive downloaded the user manual, and i see no option for the the reset.. Maybe someone has some iside info on the reset?

Comment

Do you have the ESC manual? It's NOT in the plane's manual. You can download the ESC manual if you go to the product support page.
                                  Excuse me, i should have clarified, I downloaded the um from HW for the ESC, but that only went to 80a opto esc.. Maybe the 100 is different to program? Did you mean the product support page to the esc from HW, of the product support page from FW.. Tbh i didnt check FW fir um.. Let me do that now

Comment

Excuse me, i should have clarified, I downloaded the um from HW for the ESC, but that only went to 80a opto esc.. Maybe the 100 is different to program? Did you mean the product support page to the esc from HW, of the product support page from FW.. Tbh i didnt check FW fir um.. Let me do that now
                                    I'm talking about the product page at MotionRC. In the support section, you will find the manual for the ESCs in this plane. Here, I've found it for you.

Factory default reset is item #7 in the beep tone list.
                                    From the looks of your video, that is NOT normal. 1. The motor start ups are too far apart. 2. The throttle stick is way too high when one starts and shuts down.
                                    Try the throttle calibration first. I also noticed in your video that your throttle trim is left in the middle. Not that there's anything wrong with this as some people do it that way, however, try to click the trim as low as it will go before you do the calibration. Give the following a try if you are able to do it by your self or if you can get a second person to help you.
                                    1. Turn ON TX.
                                    2. Move throttle stick to max. DO NOT have the throttle cut activated. The TX must send out a full throttle signal.
                                    3. Now, plug in BOTH battery connectors as quickly as you can. This is where a second person can come in handy. However, if you are alone, it can still be done if you hold the plugs in such a way that you can plug them in very quickly one after the other.
                                    4. (From previous power ups, you should know what the initialization sounds like normally when you plug the batteries in.) As soon as you hear the initial beeps end, pull the throttle stick to the bottom. At that time, the beeps should continue to the final 6 beeps telling you that you are using 6s batteries. If you are too slow in plugging in the batteries together or if you miss and go past the first, initial beeps, you are likely to set the brake ON to one of the ESCs and only calibrate the other.
                                    If successful, unplug the batteries. Keep TX ON, throttle low and plug in the batteries (no need to hurry anymore). Now test the throttle to see if both motors start up together.

Comment

• Look ma, no trim I had the same issue with my A-10. It took several attempts to get the calibration correct . xviper is giving you good advice above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                                        Look ma, no trim I had the same issue with my A-10. It took several attempts to get the calibration correct . xviper is giving you good advice above.
                                        I saw a suggestion somewhere that I liked - fish out a BEC from a crashed plane, attach it to a battery, and use it as a standalone power source for your Rx. That way you can interact with the non-BEC ESC by itself, without hearing tones from the other one. It is not too hard to calibrate both ESCs at the same time if everything goes perfectly. But if anything needs debugging, you really want to be able to interact with each one individually.
                                        You could use any 5v source, but most people have a BEC from a crashed plane laying around. If you don't, you obviously don't fly enough

This is useful in general. For example if you are setting up a new plane, and want to power up the Rx (for example to center a servo), it is useful to have a small, movable, standalone power source.

Comment

I'm talking about the product page at MotionRC. In the support section, you will find the manual for the ESCs in this plane. Here, I've found it for you.

Factory default reset is item #7 in the beep tone list.
                                          From the looks of your video, that is NOT normal. 1. The motor start ups are too far apart. 2. The throttle stick is way too high when one starts and shuts down.
                                          Try the throttle calibration first. I also noticed in your video that your throttle trim is left in the middle. Not that there's anything wrong with this as some people do it that way, however, try to click the trim as low as it will go before you do the calibration. Give the following a try if you are able to do it by your self or if you can get a second person to help you.
                                          1. Turn ON TX.
                                          2. Move throttle stick to max. DO NOT have the throttle cut activated. The TX must send out a full throttle signal.
                                          3. Now, plug in BOTH battery connectors as quickly as you can. This is where a second person can come in handy. However, if you are alone, it can still be done if you hold the plugs in such a way that you can plug them in very quickly one after the other.
                                          4. (From previous power ups, you should know what the initialization sounds like normally when you plug the batteries in.) As soon as you hear the initial beeps end, pull the throttle stick to the bottom. At that time, the beeps should continue to the final 6 beeps telling you that you are using 6s batteries. If you are too slow in plugging in the batteries together or if you miss and go past the first, initial beeps, you are likely to set the brake ON to one of the ESCs and only calibrate the other.
                                          If successful, unplug the batteries. Keep TX ON, throttle low and plug in the batteries (no need to hurry anymore). Now test the throttle to see if both motors start up together.
                                          Ok, so a techie at Motion gave me a hand.. I was using the board for the throttle to tx.. He said to bypass the box, y-harness the throttle, plug the batteries in, AND THEN plug bec in.. For whayever reason, he said the control box (expletive blows, and it will cause the delayed sync..
                                          As soon as we did it w/o cb, immediately synchronized.. Dude was awesome...

Everyone gave me the right advice and I'mssuper greatful, except I didn't think to by pass the control box.. I wanted to use to take advantage of the ribbons to some degree..

So now I'm curious, If I'm bypassing the control box for the throttle, and go directly to rx, how do i tie in the control box??

Comment

Working...
                                          X