X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post
    These are the batteries I have to work with... I have 6 of them, and cannot afford more batteries at this time. Unless you feel like donating 4 of these lighter batteries😉. I get what your'e saying about dead weight, but what about the guys running sound systems in theirs? That's dead weight right there, eh? That sound system, with 2 35C 5000mah packs has got to be more heavy than what im running. All I keep reading about is that the A-10 doesn't care about the added weight. Who is correct here? 🤷‍♂️
    Mine is running at a pound and a half over sound system, position lights, and a HUD. All take separate batteries. Oh and strobes too.

Comment

These are the batteries I have to work with... I have 6 of them, and cannot afford more batteries at this time. Unless you feel like donating 4 of these lighter batteries😉. I get what your'e saying about dead weight, but what about the guys running sound systems in theirs? That's dead weight right there, eh? That sound system, with 2 35C 5000mah packs has got to be more heavy than what im running. All I keep reading about is that the A-10 doesn't care about the added weight. Who is correct here? 🤷‍♂️
      Noone is really wrong in this regard. "Dead weight" is always undesirable but the A-10 can haul it well. It's a big, heavy plane to begin with. An extra few hundred grams isn't a big deal for it. If that's what you've got for batteries, by all means, use them but as you've already experienced, some workarounds are needed to make them fit and balance the plane. If it were me, I'd carve up that canopy to make it work without stacking them, but that's me. You've got a good workaround. Go with it.

Comment

• It's official, for me anyway, the A-10 is the easiest EDF I have to fly. Got another 7 flights on it (boy, this thing puts a dent in my battery stock) along with my F-16, F-4 and Slick 60. Must be the easiest landing EDF there is and it does "jet acrobatics" so easy, I just love it. Now I need to by a LiPo factory to keep this thing fed!

Should have the 3D cockpit finished by the end of the week, it looks fantastic, thanks to Dirty Dee for coming up with the design and any other "phantom" friends out there who helped me out. Just got my 1/10 scale JH hobby pilot in, now final gluing of the pieces and then repainting to get with the Arctic theme. Glad I purchase a spare cockpit to work on so I could keep flying in the meantime.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200927_120203.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	277221

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
          It's official, for me anyway, the A-10 is the easiest EDF I have to fly. Got another 7 flights on it (boy, this thing puts a dent in my battery stock) along with my F-16, F-4 and Slick 60. Must be the easiest landing EDF there is and it does "jet acrobatics" so easy, I just love it. Now I need to by a LiPo factory to keep this thing fed!

Should have the 3D cockpit finished by the end of the week, it looks fantastic, thanks to Dirty Dee for coming up with the design and any other "phantom" friends out there who helped me out. Just got my 1/10 scale JH hobby pilot in, now final gluing of the pieces and then repainting to get with the Arctic theme. Glad I purchase a spare cockpit to work on so I could keep flying in the meantime.

Name:	20200927_120203.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	277221

my 3d printed pilot and seat.

Comment

• redid the GAU-8 to look more realistic. 1/8" brass tubing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
              WOW, impressive, especially the blue (I think) eyes, looks like he's looking right at you!!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• just another view of the 3d printed pilot and seat.

Comment

• ColtPilot Nice work, he does have blue eyes!
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Sorry RC30Flyer , didn't realize that you had no other choice. I agree with xviper, the A-10 definitely will handle a little extra weight, no problem. My only concern is getting the CG back around the 88-90 mm mark from the 78 mm recommended CG. That (78 mm) is just too nose heavy, IMO, and landing this nose heavy doesn't leave much room for error. If you can get it in that range I suggested, it just lands like a pu...cat, with absolutely no bounce, floats in smooth with minimal power and flares very easy.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Sorry RC30Flyer , didn't realize that you had no other choice. I agree with xviper, the A-10 definitely will handle a little extra weight, no problem. My only concern is getting the CG back around the 88-90 mm mark from the 78 mm recommended CG. That (78 mm) is just too nose heavy, IMO, and landing this nose heavy doesn't leave much room for error. If you can get it in that range I suggested, it just lands like a pu...cat, with absolutely no bounce, floats in smooth with minimal power and flares very easy.
                      Hugh Wiedman I can hit all 3 CG marks... 80-85-90 as marked in the pic. I'll tell you though, balancing this monster brings back memories of my 30cc and 50cc giants. She's definitely a much larger model than I expected 😯
                      Attached Files

Comment

just another view of the 3d printed pilot and seat.
                        CP, great looking Pilot, Sir. Nice work. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

CP, great looking Pilot, Sir. Nice work. Best, LB

This is the link to where I purchased the pilot. Custom made to the scale of the A-10 and came prepainted cost a little extra. It's amazing what they can do. Cost is reasonable.
                          Coltpilot

Comment

This is the link to where I purchased the pilot. Custom made to the scale of the A-10 and came prepainted cost a little extra. It's amazing what they can do. Cost is reasonable.
                            Coltpilot
                            ColtPilot noticed they discontinued the service of providing a pilot that "looks just like you". Guess they did this after I sent in my picture to them and they promptly decided that this service is a bad idea!
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eErBwdhPyrMi8atN9
                              redid the GAU-8 to look more realistic. 1/8" brass tubing.
                              Nice job!

On mine, I carefully drilled out the original plastic barrels and then painted the inside with gunmetal. I thought it was a nice touch because the original barrels looked like 30cal - but I like what you did!.

Name:	cannon 4.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	277457
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hi all,
                                I am having a little difficulty with my nose gear door sequence is there a trick to getting it right?

When the gear is lowered the door opens and after a small delay the gear will lower with the light coming on, however no matter how long I wait the door will not then close whilst the gear is down, once the gear is raised it travels to its limit then after a small delay the door is then closed.
                                I haven't seen any videos of the A 10 taxiing in the pre flight phase with the gear down and the front nose door open so I presume it is supposed to shut, any help gratefully received.

Comment

• The gear door stays open while the gear is down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiddenhanger63 View Post
                                    Hi all,
                                    I am having a little difficulty with my nose gear door sequence is there a trick to getting it right?

When the gear is lowered the door opens and after a small delay the gear will lower with the light coming on, however no matter how long I wait the door will not then close whilst the gear is down, once the gear is raised it travels to its limit then after a small delay the door is then closed.
                                    I haven't seen any videos of the A 10 taxiing in the pre flight phase with the gear down and the front nose door open so I presume it is supposed to shut, any help gratefully received.
                                    That's the way the full size aircraft gear door works.

Comment

• The two responses above are correct. Nose gear door stays down and does not close after the gear deploy.

Pat

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	freewing-a-10-thunderbolt-ii-super-scale-twin-80mm-edf-jet-pnp-motion-rc-2594288042033_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	278386

Comment

• I guess this picture from motion there must be something non standard about it then?

Comment

Working...
                                          X