First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops

Comment

• Same here? Click image for larger version

Name:	freewing-a-10-thunderbolt-ii-super-scale-twin-80mm-edf-jet-pnp-motion-rc-2594314420273_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	278398Click image for larger version

Name:	freewing-a-10-thunderbolt-ii-super-scale-twin-80mm-edf-jet-pnp-motion-rc-2594302623793_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	278399Click image for larger version

Name:	freewing-a-10-thunderbolt-ii-super-scale-twin-80mm-edf-jet-pnp-motion-rc-2594300624945_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	278400

Comment

• Yeah, those are old pictures and initially the gear door did go up after gear deployment. But then we pointed out to MRC that this was not scale so they changed the programming in the board to have the door remain open.
        Pat

Comment

• Ohh ok I see now thanks, Although scale I would have preferred it to go up as it looks like it could easily catch longish grass if the standard or upgrade strut is fully compressed. Should be ok though. I have a trailing link strut from HK that is identical I believe to the upgrade one but the wheel hits the rear door when compressed is there a work around to the way the door is fastened or do people cut the door to clear the tyre?

Comment

• Yeah i inquired to jetguy how he got his to close with the gear down. You unplug the nose gear and door from the controler and hook them up directly to your receiver. You then use the sequencing function in a 9dx or better tx. I couldnt get it sequenced right and gave up, but that will work. Just go to youtube on the spektrum sequncer and they explain how to set this up.

Comment

• Cheers that may be a easy option, I fly with a Horus and open TX so I know it can be done it just means a bit or research as to how to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiddenhanger63 View Post
                Cheers that may be a easy option, I fly with a Horus and open TX so I know it can be done it just means a bit or research as to how to do it.
                Or ................... you can adapt a set of these to your A-10. It's from the new Mig29 and has a "second stage" gear door circuit (opens and closes the door before and after gear movement). You could plug only your nose gear and nose gear door into this board and "Y" your retract lead so both the stock board and this board get the signal. Which is more important - time spent to research how to do it with your TX or 22 bucks (+shipping)?
                Multi-Function Control Box E (MCB-E) from Freewing - E1712 Fits the following aircraft: Freewing 70mm PJ50 Freewing 70mm AL37 Airliner Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm Freewing F-22 90mm Freewing L-39 80mm Freewing T-33 80mm

Comment

• Thankfully with the open TX system your nearly guaranteed that someone has “been there and done it” 30 seconds google search comes up with all the settings and mixing needed with variable timers etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiddenhanger63 View Post
                    I guess this picture from motion there must be something non standard about it then?
                    Those were the first ones to come out. Many folks had the input saying what gives and was fixed. Also the penny pod is no longer used by the A-10's. As you can tell by my photo with the real deal it is no longer there. That's how it became the A-10C.

Comment

• About to start assembly of mine. I had read about strengthening/stiffening up the front of the fuselage with carbon fiber rods/tubes, one on each side. Is this a good idea ?
                      Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                        About to start assembly of mine. I had read about strengthening/stiffening up the front of the fuselage with carbon fiber rods/tubes, one on each side. Is this a good idea ?
                        Bob
                        Yes, the addition will be beneficial. After 4 years I still need to do mine.

Comment

• This thread has been a little "quiet" lately with everyone exploding the MIG thread ​, but after almost a month after I finished the Arctic build, I finally finished (although still need to apply the clear gloss spar urethane to it) the Dirty Dee cockpit. Good thing I bought a second cockpit to work on so I was able to maiden the A-10 and get about 30 flights on it while I "occasionally" worked on the cockpit. Chris's design is absolutely fabulous and everything fits "like a glove" once you get the foam cut out correctly. This wasn't an easy rebuild (especially cutting out the correct amount of foam), but then again nothing is easy for me, and I want to thank Chris for his incredible design and others who helped me out immensely with the parts. I used a JH Hobby 1/10 scale full body pilot, same as what I put in the F-18 Canadian and he fit very nicely. The finished cockpit weighed in at 274 g, which is 170 g more than the plain stock cockpit. In order to keep my CG at 92 mm (which I felt made it perform the best for me), I had to move the 2 RT 6250 batteries back another 2 1/2 inches and move the battery straps and extend the floor under the forward battery. I had already removed the circuit board and velcro-ed it to the back port fuselage wall, but at this point, I can't get the CG any further back without going to lighter batteries, which ain't going to happen since I love the 5+ minutes of flight time coming in with 35% or more left in the tank. I know I'm repeating myself, but I love everything about this jet, which I would have never guessed even at the point that I finally purchased one! I initially thought that this might end up as a "hangar queen" but it just refuses to be left at home when I'm heading to the field. It easily replaced the Avanti as my first EDF flight of the day and the poor little Avanti hasn't been out in months.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201004_153024 (2).jpg
Views:	710
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	279601Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_152347.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	279602Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_173415.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	279603Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_173658.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	279604Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_145840.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	279605Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_145916.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	279606Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_155427.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	279607
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                            This thread has been a little "quiet" lately with everyone exploding the MIG thread ​, but after almost a month after I finished the Arctic build, I finally finished (although still need to apply the clear gloss spar urethane to it) the Dirty Dee cockpit. Good thing I bought a second cockpit to work on so I was able to maiden the A-10 and get about 30 flights on it while I "occasionally" worked on the cockpit. Chris's design is absolutely fabulous and everything fits "like a glove" once you get the foam cut out correctly. This wasn't an easy rebuild (especially cutting out the correct amount of foam), but then again nothing is easy for me, and I want to thank Chris for his incredible design and others who helped me out immensely with the parts. I used a JH Hobby 1/10 scale full body pilot, same as what I put in the F-18 Canadian and he fit very nicely. The finished cockpit weighed in at 274 g, which is 170 g more than the plain stock cockpit. In order to keep my CG at 92 mm (which I felt made it perform the best for me), I had to move the 2 RT 6250 batteries back another 2 1/2 inches and move the battery straps and extend the floor under the forward battery. I had already removed the circuit board and velcro-ed it to the back port fuselage wall, but at this point, I can't get the CG any further back without going to lighter batteries, which ain't going to happen since I love the 5+ minutes of flight time coming in with 35% or more left in the tank. I know I'm repeating myself, but I love everything about this jet, which I would have never guessed even at the point that I finally purchased one! I initially thought that this might end up as a "hangar queen" but it just refuses to be left at home when I'm heading to the field. It easily replaced the Avanti as my first EDF flight of the day and the poor little Avanti hasn't been out in months.

Name:	20201004_153024 (2).jpg
Views:	710
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	279601Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_152347.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	279602Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_173415.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	279603Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_173658.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	279604Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_145840.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	279605Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_145916.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	279606Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_155427.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	279607
                            Looks great Hugh! Any pics of the entire plane finished?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_174249.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	279621Click image for larger version

Name:	20200906_193741.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	279622
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Fabulous work Hugh Wiedman ! Wish we lived close, we could have some pretty cool tandems!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• That is really spectacular work. I love those spirals on the fan cones.
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman great work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                      Fabulous work Hugh Wiedman ! Wish we lived close, we could have some pretty cool tandems!
                                      Hey, what's 3000 miles or so among RC buddies? I'll be there shortly, leave on light on!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                        Hey, what's 3000 miles or so among RC buddies? I'll be there shortly, leave on light on!
                                        Consider it done!

Name:	ss.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	279685
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• ​​​​​​Got another 7 flights in today on the A-10 along with 4 on one of my F-4's. Every time I fly the A-10, it just seems to fly better each time, which at this point is almost impossible to get better unless I let a decent pilot take her up for me! Would have got more but these 2 burned through my 18 RT 6250's and I refuse to waste time at the field charging, and I'm not going to buy any more batteries, 140 are enough (man, just think how many more actual planes I could of had instead).

Anyway, interesting observation here: I fly off grass so upgraded the nose to the trailing link. We had 14-18 mph winds directly down the runway, but neither of them seemed to give a hoot about gusty winds (thankfully not a crosswind though). With jets, I always start out the take-off run with full elevator to relieve pressure on the nose gear which helps it get up to speed quicker on grass, then slowly release elevator just before lift off leaving just enough up to lift off smoothly. Since we had a strong headwind, just to see what happened, I started a take-off run with NO up elevator. The result was that it drove the nose pressure down so much that about 1/2 way down the run, the trailing link was fully depressed. Started over with my normal take-off procedure and that ended that experiment!. The twin "exhaust " thrust is directly over the elevator surface (and if you test it out on the bench you can see and hear just how much thrust the elevators directly influence), that if you use full or even 1/2-3/4 up elevator on take off, it REALLY forces downward pressure on the tail, thus keeping the nose "light as a feather". Probably not needed as much on asphalt, but on grass, wow, what a difference.

The other thing I noticed was that for landing, downwind around 28-32% throttle, final glide after lining up runway reduced to 15% and then 8%, and about 4 feet off the runway throttle to 0 and then raise the nose before touchdown gets just a perfect somewhat high alpha landing with 0 bounce (actually have never experienced the bucking bronco effect yet ) resulting in a 10-15 foot roll out, at least on grass. Never thought I'd ever chop the throttle on a jet, but this is not your "grandmothers" EDF. Noticed GliderGuy on a post in the Mig 29 thread with almost the exact throttle positions for landing, so these both seem to be a little different than some of the others being a bit larger and able to glide easier without dropping like the proverbial rock.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X