First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me guess.... it hit nose first?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
      A new photo of my A-10 after 1.5 minute maiden........so far.
      Bummer Bob. What happened????

Comment

• That sucks, was that your euro hog? :(

Comment

Other than the pilot figure, I don't recognize those other parts. The nose strut doesn't look stock and what's the thing wrapped in silver foil?

Comment

• Looks like the stock nose gear missing the scissor link. And the foil thing is a VERY compacted lipo! :)
            Pat

Comment

• :(

Comment

PH, What happened? Re-kit? That just s#cks.:Crying2: My condolences. Best, Elbee
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yup, Euro Hog. First real loss in twenty years. Ailerons locked up in a turn, no response. It took off and she flew great for a minute, and then the fight was on. (I lost) The foil wrap is the front mounted battery after impact and burning. The nose gear is the upgrade at motion. And....here I was worried about the landing bounce.

The pilot was the first part I found in the jungle environment. I spotted a piece of white foam and turned it over, there he was. After awhile of searching (With 6 Deer Fly at all times) and the lack of wreckage, looked up to spot an engine nacelle about 20 feet high. I assume the rest is up there somewhere. I'll return soon with a pole, saw, pruners, and OFF! I want to find the upgraded wing gear.

The wife was in tears because she knew how much time I spent on the plane. I told her it's part of the game. There's a lot going on and there is always risk. I told her I'm pulling up my skirt and getting another. This past weekend I sold my Freewing F-15 Superscale (wasn't great on our grass runway) and my new Freewing F4 phantom to fund the project.

I'm not blaming the servos. It could've been the board or receiver (New AR8000). I did cycle the servos with a servo tester for 10 minutes or so, as instructed in the build video. It seemed a good idea. But....the next A-10 is is getting Hitecs'. I'm going to assemble without a single decal or drop of paint, FLY, then detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                    Looks like the stock nose gear missing the scissor link. And the foil thing is a VERY compacted lipo! :)
                    Good grief!!! I see it now. That battery looks like Wile E. Coyote after he lands on the canyon floor.

Comment

I'm going to assemble without a single decal or drop of paint, FLY, then detail.
                      I'm of that mind myself. I see so many people who spend enormous amounts of time detailing their models down to the last rivet and airbrush stroke before the plane even flies. Then ...................... gone in 60 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I'm of that mind myself. I see so many people who spend enormous amounts of time detailing their models down to the last rivet and airbrush stroke before the plane even flies. Then ...................... gone in 60 seconds.
                        AMEN !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Other than the pilot figure, I don't recognize those other parts. The nose strut doesn't look stock and what's the thing wrapped in silver foil?
                          xviper, At least the pilot ejected safely. I hope you can find some humor in that. Best to you and yours, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Personally, if I don't detail it first I likely never will. It's a risk I assume. Sorry for the loss. She was a beautiful bird.

Comment

• Bob,
                              You sure have nice, rc hobby friendly consoling wife. That alone is a big plus to the whole sorry episode. My wife would have just rolled her eyes and uttered a snide remark under her breath. Then a grin and a chuckle as she watched me struggle with the pole. Feel blessed!
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

xviper, At least the pilot ejected safely. I hope you can find some humor in that. Best to you and yours, LB
                                But he lost his legs.:( Ya gotta keep your humor up about these things or you'd cry yourself to sleep. One of my flying buddies once said to me that I slough off a crash of a brand new "big buck" plane like it was just another day when other guys stew over the crash of their little depron kit built that they've flown for months. It's just part of the "experience". It's another way the old adrenaline spikes to let you know you're alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                  Bob,
                                  You sure have nice, rc hobby friendly consoling wife. That alone is a big plus to the whole sorry episode. My wife would have just rolled her eyes and uttered a snide remark under her breath. Then a grin and a chuckle as she watched me struggle with the pole. Feel blessed!
                                  41 years this September, She's a keeper that's for sure! As long as priorities are satisfied first, she pretty much let me do what I want.

Ordered #2 HOG today with the upgraded nose gear. I hope to recover the upgraded mains in a few days.

Comment

Ordered #2 HOG today with the upgraded nose gear. I hope to recover the upgraded mains in a few days.
                                    PB, Congrats on getting right back on the horse the threw ya! I'd do the same. Love that "FW A-10." Very best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hopefully your A-10 #2 will be flying for many years. They sure fly nice!

Comment

• Hi,
                                        Is there anyone that makes the metal plate that goes front landing gear servo? I’ll gladly pay for a couple :) Thanks

Comment

• Paul, hit George up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X