Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving an equinox with limited space, the smaller size will be a plus for my book. Since I have about 6 other planes riding along as well.

Comment

• Stop making excuses and just get the real deal :)

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Driving an equinox with limited space, the smaller size will be a plus for my book. Since I have about 6 other planes riding along as well.
        I know what it's like on military pay. I've been there only affording the small stuff. You'll have the opportunity to go big when able down the road. What ever you decide, you'll be happy. What I would suggest if you get the FMS A-10 pull on the landing gear really hard. If they come out like did on mine Foam tac them in place. Never an issue after. First time on grass ripped right out even on taxi. For what it's worth.

Comment

• I had that planned all along even if it doesn't pull easy, I'll just do it. I had the left main rip out on my P38 once as well, so pulled them all out and reglued those as well. I honestly don't think any of the manufacturers are immune to poor gluing of the gear mounts. Even my eflite CZ T28 tried to fall out and was really loose fitting so I re glued them in as tight as I could, no issues after that either.

Comment

• I also just feel like the va is just sitting on my final evaluation because they know it's a 100% rating. If that came along, I would have no problem getting the bigger one, but it ain't ever gonna happen. It's been 4 months since I had the final evaluation and since last October since I sent in my claim. I really dont understand what the hold up is agoraphobia with chronic anxiety the dr said is an open and shut 100% claim. Anyway, point is, the va still is a pain to deal with even after the $56mil bill was passed. I just hope somewhere my brothers and sisters in arms are getting something better from it. As for me they still seem to be sitting on their hands.

Comment

• :(

Comment

I also just feel like the va is just sitting on my final evaluation because they know it's a 100% rating. If that came along, I would have no problem getting the bigger one, but it ain't ever gonna happen. It's been 4 months since I had the final evaluation and since last October since I sent in my claim. I really dont understand what the hold up is agoraphobia with chronic anxiety the dr said is an open and shut 100% claim. Anyway, point is, the va still is a pain to deal with even after the $56mil bill was passed. I just hope somewhere my brothers and sisters in arms are getting something better from it. As for me they still seem to be sitting on their hands.
                They don't treat Canadian vets any better. It seems the military just uses people and when they leave the service, they just throw them away and forget about them. It's a damn shame.
                The Freewing is only $130.00 more than the FMS but in the same token, I understand what it's like to live on the financial edge of things. The comment about "making excuses" was somewhat uncalled for and trite, given that no one can fully understand your situation. Sometimes, we do what we can in life and it's always nice to have that little extra that we can enjoy it to the extent that we don't have to just subsist. Being able to enjoy a hobby is always good mental therapy. Nevertheless, it's still necessary to cut corners when one needs to watch the balance sheet.

Comment

I also just feel like the va is just sitting on my final evaluation because they know it's a 100% rating. If that came along, I would have no problem getting the bigger one, but it ain't ever gonna happen. It's been 4 months since I had the final evaluation and since last October since I sent in my claim. I really dont understand what the hold up is agoraphobia with chronic anxiety the dr said is an open and shut 100% claim. Anyway, point is, the va still is a pain to deal with even after the $56mil bill was passed. I just hope somewhere my brothers and sisters in arms are getting something better from it. As for me they still seem to be sitting on their hands.
                  As a retired Veteran, I would like to help get to the bottom of your issue. Have you gone to the VFW for help? PM me and I'll give you my number.

Comment

• Copy that, at the moment I'm in the er with my youngest who's running a fever and having stomach issues. I am using my county resource officer here for help as well. It's just easy for me to afford 157 per month for 3 months vs the lump sum right off the bat.

Comment

• Keep appealing EVERY decision until you get 100% rated.

Its VA policy to deny, deny, deny, give a lower rating, deny, deny, raise it a little, deny, deny... trying to make you give up.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Absolutely, and I definitely am not giving up on this one! And PM has been sent ColtPilot.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Final setup before first A-10 check flight. Is the VR dial my best choice for flaps as it is variable, or are you guys using a 3-position switch.i/e., 0/Takeoff/Landing for convenience once those settings are known? And are the OEM dual rates in the manual the way to go? Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                            Hey Y'all, Final setup before first A-10 check flight. Is the VR dial my best choice for flaps as it is variable, or are you guys using a 3-position switch.i/e., 0/Takeoff/Landing for convenience once those settings are known? And are the OEM dual rates in the manual the way to go? Best, LB
                            I'm using the three position switch on slow mo. Makes fif setting up the approaches much easier to to do. No mixing in mine. Works for me. Half flaps for take off on grass. Landing, down wind half flaps, on final full flaps unless you have a good headwind leave at half. Flying A-10's for 8 years of different companies and set them up all the same.

Comment

• 3-position switch with servo slow as well.
                              Pat

Comment

• Same here!

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

I'm using the three position switch on slow mo. Makes fif setting up the approaches much easier to to do. No mixing in mine. Works for me. Half flaps for take off on grass. Landing, down wind half flaps, on final full flaps unless you have a good headwind leave at half. Flying A-10's for 8 years of different companies and set them up all the same.
                                  My setup is exactly the same. My flap servos are slowed down to 10 seconds (neutral to landing flaps).

Removing my thumb from rudder/throttle for a knob would be very uncomfortable.
                                  Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Copy. Tango Yuma.
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Variety is the spice of life:Cool:

Comment

• Got two great flights on mine today after switching over to a new radio. I've been running an old JR XP9303 converted to 2.4 using XPS. It was the heli version, and I've been wanting to get another, but an airplane version instead. Picked one up a few months ago, and have finally started moving planes over. Only thing is the LG and flap switches are reversed between the two radio types, so I need to learn that putting the gear down first is the other switch. I messed up once today and hit full flaps on the downwind, but quickly realized my mistake. No harm done.

I also just printed up DD's scale exhaust nozzles and will be getting them painted and installed tomorrow. I've also got one Sidewinder and Maverick printed, and am looking forward to the new stuff he just posted above! Tip money coming your way DD!
                                        Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	lydm5FfpqqBHWeZXPdzj-u4qm3TM_gh4SGnNytmbNks.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	138479

Got a GBU-12 mostly finished too. Last one on the list will be a GBU-38 and some miscellaneous fuzes for the MK82s before I start the test prints prior to uploading to thingiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                          X