Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janmb, stacking them in the aft position? Sorry not sure exactly what u meant by that. I am really trying to avoid moving the guts around. Thinking of taking some weight wrapping it in foam and lodging it behind the electronics and just keeping batteries in battery bays. Will have to keep playing. Guess thats one flaw of buying batteries other than recommended

Comment

• Because of my mods I had to stack my batteries like this. My other 90mm A-10 has the batts in the stock location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180315_221044.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	140798

Comment

• Originally posted by brrzee View Post
        Janmb, stacking them in the aft position? Sorry not sure exactly what u meant by that. I am really trying to avoid moving the guts around. Thinking of taking some weight wrapping it in foam and lodging it behind the electronics and just keeping batteries in battery bays. Will have to keep playing. Guess thats one flaw of buying batteries other than recommended
        I am refering to what RCJetdude posted in his image: Having both batteries on top of each other in the aft battery bay. Doesn't require any mods other than a longer/extra strap.
        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Awesome awesome gentleman...i will try & go that route. Just tidy up the wiring around the batteries..where is your receiver. I see the speed controller taped to side of the fuse

Comment

• One of my flying buddies found the little white V shaped nose gear spacer on the runway from my second flight Saturday. Didn't even notice it was gone. Guess I'll be gluing it back on....lol

Also, probably a dumb question but why is the starboard gear nacelle nose painted black but the port side one is unpainted? The full-size A-10 pics Ive seen are varied--some have both painted, some have one, some have neither.--Any "purpose" to it?

Jim

Comment

• What type of batteries are those in the above posted pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun View Post
                One of my flying buddies found the little white V shaped nose gear spacer on the runway from my second flight Saturday. Didn't even notice it was gone. Guess I'll be gluing it back on....lol

Also, probably a dumb question but why is the starboard gear nacelle nose painted black but the port side one is unpainted? The full-size A-10 pics Ive seen are varied--some have both painted, some have one, some have neither.--Any "purpose" to it?

Jim
                The front of the unpainted port-side LG nacelle on the full-size A10 has a little door that opens, revealing the single-point fueling point under the door..
                The painted black part of the starboard LG nacelle also opens up, but I can't remember what's inside that door! And I used to know, so its bugging me.... :Thinking:
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Those are Roaring Top 5800ma, 6S, 35C batteries. A gear door sequencer is just to the left of the upper battery and the receiver is servo taped to the opposite wall. Again, this is not a normal installation because behind the batteries is my powder canon and Shockwave2 sound board. The additional nose weight warranted stacking my batteries. My CG is between 80-85mm inverted with gear down. Balanced with my index fingers on the plastic wing roots. At one time this bird weighed in at a whopping 16lbs but I have since shed some weight. Around 14lbs. now. Flies great on the stock 80mm fans and 3D printed whistles in the nacelles give it a very realistic sound without the sound system. I hope Motion will have some video of it up soon from NEFI.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

The front of the unpainted port-side LG nacelle on the full-size A10 has a little door that opens, revealing the single-point fueling point under the door..
                    The painted black part of the starboard LG nacelle also opens up, but I can't remember what's inside that door! And I used to know, so its bugging me.... :Thinking:
                    That is the home of the localizer glideslope antenna. They started painting that sponson tip satin black in 1992...

Comment

• Without searching a 430 page thread, what's a powder cannon?

Comment

• Oohs and aah’s from Steve! Brrrrt!
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                          Without searching a 430 page thread, what's a powder cannon?
                          Ignore the stuck nose gear. The sequencer has since been replaced.

Comment

• Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaah!!! Awesome!!! :Win::bluelove
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I can watch that vid over and over.
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• RCjetdude did u have to remove the control board then to fit your batteries & all your other extras. If so where did mount it. Absolutely amazing job on your A10 by the way

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by brrzee View Post
                                  RCjetdude did u have to remove the control board then to fit your batteries & all your other extras. If so where did mount it. Absolutely amazing job on your A10 by the way

Cheers
                                  Oh yes...it was a PITA but it worked.

Name:	IMG_20180315_215254.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	140917

Name:	IMG_20180315_220907.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	140918

Name:	20170527_101033.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	140919

Name:	20170522_012253.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	140920

Name:	20170522_124241.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	140921

Name:	20170527_104516.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	140922

Comment

• Awesome pics RCJetdude thx..how did u balance it..wheels down right side up..or wheels up..upside down

Comment

• Wheels down inverted index fingers on the plastic wing roots is how I do mine.

Comment

• Come and get em!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                          All of these upgrade parts to make with a 3D printer... You're going to make me buy a 3D printer.
                                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                          X