X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
    I was pretty sure I posted on here (as well as RCG) about a trailing link nose strut I'd ordered but the forum search function isn't bringing it up, so anyway... Every landing (all good, no bouncing) on our very rough grass field was bending the strut pins- I tried the ones from HK (once- junk) and made a bunch from quality wire, all to no avail, so I just had to get a trailing link strut. This strut arrived earlier in the week and other than having a far too stiff spring is perfect. I replaced the spring and added some heavy RC diff. oil for a little damping- the strut now needs around 4 kg. of force to compress it, about the same as the stock strut with a cut down and stretched spring.
    Flew this morning a couple of times and this baby is just soaking up the bumps, AND NO BENT PINS! :Cool::Cool:
    I'm currently using a 5 mm bolt (grade 12.9) with the head cut down for the pin and hope not to need to replace it for the foreseeable future. The strut is a "162 mm nose leg" from Phoenix Models, and I could only find it at this store:
    http://www.rcheadquarters.com.au/ If any of you choose to go this route I hope more are available there or elsewhere.
    i didn't get around to reinstalling the rear door but it should work fine- as you can see the tire protrudes too much for the front door to work but I'll make a new one with a bulge in it and can live with that.
    Finally this A-10 of mine is "rough field capable" and along with the shocks installed on the mains (modified version of "Mattmanraptor's" idea) landings are non-events, even when not perfect. I must say the response of "if and when" from MRC Support, as well as Alpha's complete silence on the subject of the promised "upgraded" gear is very disappointing- I know some guys have parked their jets and are waiting for MRC to come through, but I'm glad I didn't.
    Tom
    Maybe if everyone who would like to have the oleo strut upgrade would say so by saying "I want the oleo strut upgrade" on this thread then Alpha could figure a percentage of us who really need this upgrade for short grass and paved fields and act accordingly. "I want the oleo strut upgrade" Brad

Comment

• Awesome T-Cat!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks guys. I really enjoy this jet. If I just think a plane is "okay", out the door it goes. This isn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Maybe if everyone who would like to have the oleo strut upgrade would say so by saying "I want the oleo strut upgrade" on this thread then Alpha could figure a percentage of us who really need this upgrade for short grass and paved fields and act accordingly. "I want the oleo strut upgrade" Brad
          I would like to have 2 sets of the oleo mains. One set for the one I have and another for the ARF+ that I ordered last Thursday.
          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• OLEO mains wanted here. ;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Oleo strut upgrade wanted here also..........!:Cool:

Comment

• Let's do the same for the trailing link nose gear as well. I'm in for that. While I like scale fidelity, easing the stress on gear mount points, especially on tricycle gear where the gear are vertical, is more practical for grass ops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                  Let's do the same for the trailing link nose gear as well. I'm in for that. While I like scale fidelity, easing the stress on gear mount points, especially on tricycle gear where the gear are vertical, is more practical for grass ops.
                  I'm in for a nose gear TL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                    Let's do the same for the trailing link nose gear as well. I'm in for that. While I like scale fidelity, easing the stress on gear mount points, especially on tricycle gear where the gear are vertical, is more practical for grass ops.
                    I'm in for trailing link nose gear upgrade as well:Cool:

Comment

• would like the mains an nose gear upgrade :Cool:

Comment

• TL Nose for me please.

Plane

Comment

• A full set for me. Oleo mains and TL nose would be great! Please make enough of these. Maybe allocate the gear in the order the A-10's were purchased?? Just a thought so everyone who has the plane can get a set if they wish.... :Cool:

Comment

• Also, MRC has the nose gear in stock, along with the cannon nose and the nose gear pin. Also the nose gear doors and gear mounts as of a few minutes ago... Central time USA 12:05pm

Comment

• I will take two sets of oleo struts!

Comment

• I have not flown my A-10 yet but I would take one set of mains and TL nose gear. I love my Stinger 90, and it sounds like this combo is what it comes with! Rob

Comment

• To bad a poll is not possible. However a per basis customer consensus is.
                                  Just invested 50 bucks by getting a spare nose gear unit and 2 pins.
                                  Heck....just broke even because of preorder discount.....lol.
                                  I figure I saved another 100 with free ordinance and
                                  shipping.

Comment

• The Freewing 1600mm main gear retract will work for the A-10 nose gear and if you need a pin the Spitfire axles works if you file the flange down a little and cut a flat for the steering arm.

I'll pass on the oleos, the reversed struts are working great for me.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Reversing my mains before maiden. Passing on oleos but buying oreos !

Comment

• Got my first opportunity to fly the A-10 on grass. Get to check these struts out in their natural habitat, LOL

The whole flight I did nothing but practice my landings so I could feel better about myself with this bird...Every landing were greasers. SO much easier on grass! Hopefully the soccer field gate stays unlocked so I can fly there. Pavement landing is just spotty with the trailing link pogo sticks. I will touch base with Alpha this week to see how things are going for the oleo options.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
                                          Reversing my mains before maiden. Passing on oleos but buying oreos !

LOL Oreos are amazing. For me, they just never get old.

Comment

Working...
                                          X