Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great photos Aros!

Comment

• LOL....Bodybuilding .com recommends 6 of them for a post workout glycogen boost.
      They said...trust us. Works for me. Funny because chocolate milk does it also.

Comment

• Ditto on the photos Aros and thanks in advance for looking into the gear strut upgrades. At Reno, there were four A-10s and I noticed a couple of interesting things. One, the pave penny pod is gone from all of them. Also, on close inspection, I noticed the ordinance pylons are permanent and further the outboard pylon on each wing houses the aileron control link in the trailing end of the pylon. Probably wouldn't work for ours because the link is too big to fit inside a pylon and the whole servo and link would have to be moved inboard about two inches. I will post some detail shots soon. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

LOL Oreos are amazing. For me, they just never get old.
          I like nutter butter better. LOL
          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

I like nutter butter better. LOL
            I forgot about those! Those really are phenomenal. LOL:Drooling:

Comment

• Almost forgot to post this. Tried out my A-10 at the Sarasota Silent Fliers field this morning. Their runway is about 1/2 the width and 200 feet shorter than the one at the SRQ Squadron but at least it's not closed due to Sarasota county using Rothenbach Park as a staging area for hurricane Irma storm debris.
              As a bonus, it's an all electric club so there's no gasser and nitro noise to deal with.

Comment

• Sweet flite !
                Nice field also.
                Shows the nose gear perfectly....even rode a weelie for a bit on gate approach....LOL

Oreo and nutter at the same time makes ?

Reesetractable snackin gear.

Comment

• Thanks Pete. I've found since switching from trailing link mains to leading link mains it's much easier to ride a wheelie with the A-10.
                  This little compilation is just landing sequences shot at the SRQ Squadron a week or so before the hurricane came through.

Comment

• Wow...Bill !

I bet the factory loves seeing their fine machines doing what their intended too.
                    You can bet the R and D folks here are providing it to them.
                    All of this glorious feedback helps each and every one of us in the long run.
                    Thanks for the landing compilation video.

Plane

Comment

• Great video bill, so is that the tired iron reversal on the mains? Hoping for the new oleo strut replacements , we'll see what Aros comes up with. Meanwhile, if you want the new gear and haven't said so..........please do. Brad

Comment

• Thanks Brad. That is the Tired Iron reversal on the mains. It seems to have cured the death dance on a less than perfect landing and since it places the mains a little further forward makes it pretty easy to keep the nose in the air as a bonus.(I've already said I'd like to have two sets of the oleo mains too).

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                          Great photos Aros!
                          Great banner T-CAT! :)
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• :) Thanks! The others I edited via phone app program real quick, but that has limited capabilities. This new one I used editing software on the computer. That made the quality and editing possibilities much better. :Cool:

Comment

• Was able to get my 50th flight today before sunset. Still love this plane.

Comment

• Tired Iron's Reversed Mains Work!

Two of us in the club have the Freewing A-10. Both of us have damaged the nose gear module from the "Death Bounce" landing on our asphalt runway. I had four flights before my damaged and Jim had 10 before his damage. Both landings that caused the damage to our planes should not have done so as they weren't that bad a landing.

Since then we both have reversed the mains per Tired Iron's method. Yesterday I was the first to try out the "new" gear system. IT WORKS! I put six flights on the A-10, some not perfect landings but the mains stayed planted on the asphalt runway. I found with the mains reversed, this configuration makes the nose is a little lighter. I started moving the batteries back and forth until I found the sweet spot that allowed the nosed to stay planted on the runway when landing but kept the CG where I wanted it. Now I am doing full-flap landings and enjoying my A-10!

I am a happy camper again and no longer scared to land this puppy!

Thank you, Tired Iron!

Comment

• You know its great that TiredIron's reversed-main strut mod works so well, really that's fine, but I have to say that I just haven't had any problem at all with my Hog. I fly from bumpy pavement and grass. Batteries all the way back. I always land with full flaps.

By the way I modified the flaps by trimming the back end of the nacelle so the flaps can go down a bit further. I'm not using any elevator trim mix with the flaps and the model flies really well... I just come in with the throttle cracked, the Hog slows down and floats in... and I land on the mains with the nose slightly up. It doesn't bounce. I've also flown on a smooth pavement runway (at Terry Nitsch's Ejets event a few weeks ago) without any issue.

I've only experienced a bounce when I was first flying the plane, and didn't flare properly. Yes it will "pogo" when you hit the nose gear first. When I land correctly in a flared AOA (nose up a bit) I don't have any problem at all. No bouncing. It just plants and stays there. I'm using the original equipment, I haven't changed the nose pin or changed the springs, and the nose gear is not wobbling any more than when it was new. I probably have 20-30 flights. Its a real champ.
                                  That being said.... You guys have totally freaked me out so I did just order a replacement nose gear, and extra pin, and a nose cone. :P But my feeling is that all this talk of modification and replacement struts may be a slight over-reaction. I don't understand why so many guys have been having this "bounce of death" problem. Am I the only one who hasn't?

BTW I tried a new pair of 6250 35C batteries this weekend and they worked fine. I was at 3.8 volts per cell after a 4.5 minute flight. That's about the same as my Admiral 5000's but I flew the 6250's a lot harder (more high speed passes) because I wanted to see if the lower C rating would hold up. They were fine and were only slightly warm when I landed. The model was a bit more nose-heavy. But I still had no problem landing.
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                    You know its great that TiredIron's reversed-main strut mod works so well, really that's fine, but I have to say that I just haven't had any problem at all with my Hog. I fly from bumpy pavement and grass. Batteries all the way back. I always land with full flaps.

By the way I modified the flaps by trimming the back end of the nacelle so the flaps can go down a bit further. I'm not using any elevator trim mix with the flaps and the model flies really well... I just come in with the throttle cracked, the Hog slows down and floats in... and I land on the mains with the nose slightly up. It doesn't bounce. I've also flown on a smooth pavement runway (at Terry Nitsch's Ejets event a few weeks ago) without any issue.

I've only experienced a bounce when I was first flying the plane, and didn't flare properly. Yes it will "pogo" when you hit the nose gear first. When I land correctly in a flared AOA (nose up a bit) I don't have any problem at all. No bouncing. It just plants and stays there. I'm using the original equipment, I haven't changed the nose pin or changed the springs, and the nose gear is not wobbling any more than when it was new. I probably have 20-30 flights. Its a real champ.
                                    That being said.... You guys have totally freaked me out so I did just order a replacement nose gear, and extra pin, and a nose cone. :P But my feeling is that all this talk of modification and replacement struts may be a slight over-reaction. I don't understand why so many guys have been having this "bounce of death" problem. Am I the only one who hasn't?

BTW I tried a new pair of 6250 35C batteries this weekend and they worked fine. I was at 3.8 volts per cell after a 4.5 minute flight. That's about the same as my Admiral 5000's but I flew the 6250's a lot harder (more high speed passes) because I wanted to see if the lower C rating would hold up. They were fine and were only slightly warm when I landed. The model was a bit more nose-heavy. But I still had no problem landing.
                                    TMD, glad to hear you are having good success with consistent landings. I hope the trend continues for you. Also glad to hear some more success stories with the reversed strut as well. Whatever works to keep us flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                      I'll tell ya, I'm completely sold on the RTs and fly them in almost every one of my jets now. I have 6 packs of 5800s and 4 packs of 6250s (and 4 packs of 4S 5800s for my 8S Yak-130). I need to get some lower mAh packs for some of my other jets that take 4000s.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Who or what is RTs?

Comment

• Roaring Top LiPo's.

Comment

Working...
                                          X