X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I just switched them around, springs are toward the rear now.
    Hey T.I. so was this in addition to shortening the springs or was switching from trailing link to leading link enough? Sounds like you may have solved it..............hope so. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Grats Anthony. Nice maiden, great landing and good vid. I was in the first batch too and haven't maidened mine yet. Still got some work to do on it, hopefully completed this week. Grats again.
      Shirty, looks like 2 more hold-overs have maidened in the last 2 days. You may win the award! :Cool:

I'm still had work to do too, but my buddy Tom kept edging me on to get her in the air. Glad that I did...it was fun! Can't wait to do it again!

Hope you're in the air soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Thanks Dave!

let me know if those 6250's fit with the canopy completely closing. I tried to fit 2 new Wild Scorpion 5500's and the canopy wouldn't completely close.
        I just flew mine with the RT 6250s...great battery for this plane. They fit with no canopy mod. Rear battery pushed to the control board, front battery pushed up against the rear battery. Balances a little nose heavy to my liking. BTW...no bouncing here.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
          :)Well I think I'm the last to maiden. This evening at 5:45pm You need to check out the landing. I was all smiles on this one. My knees were still shaking from the adrenalin rush. Here is the video I promised.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9p1...ature=youtu.be
          Wow! What a beautiful job you did on yours! Nice scheme, and a really great maiden!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

OK, here are how my Mavericks and Pave Penny turned out with the 7/8" and 1" domes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170723_200632.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	88826

Name:	20170723_211006.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	88827

Name:	20170723_211030.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	88828
            Looks absolutely awesome! Great job!

Comment

Thanks Dave!

let me know if those 6250's fit with the canopy completely closing. I tried to fit 2 new Wild Scorpion 5500's and the canopy wouldn't completely close.
              Will do ! They're actually not much bigger than my RT 5800's 35C's Should have them this week.

Crap, edfjetpilot already answered. Good news then !
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Will do ! They're actually not much bigger than my RT 5800's 35C's Should have them this week.

Crap, edfjetpilot already answered. Good news then !
                Hawk,

I'm interested to hear if you can hit the 5 minute mark with them. I figure I can hit the 4:30 mark based on my current flying style...I need to improve my throttle management skills.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

I just flew mine with the RT 6250s...great battery for this plane. They fit with no canopy mod. Rear battery pushed to the control board, front battery pushed up against the rear battery. Balances a little nose heavy to my liking. BTW...no bouncing here.

Sean
                  Great to hear! Thanks

Comment

• Hey Aros, you've obviously seen how many people are having trouble with the trailing link "pogo sticks" as you called them. Just wondering if anything is in the works for a solution. I don't know if the gear from the prototype is an oleo type strut and if it is available...it was talked about with Alpha, at least for the nose gear, but I'm wondering if you can connect with him and see what's possible. Of coarse the trailing link struts are fine as has been mentioned many times for tall grass but the rest of us are hoping for an alternate that I for one would gladly pay for. I got four more flights in on my FMS 1700mm P-51 today and got my mojo and ego back ...hoping to keep it. Meanwhile the Spit is on the way to keep me ocupied 'til we get a solution. Gonna try T.I.'s reverse setup in the meantime. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Hey Brad,
                      We plan on releasing a different gauge spring option for the A-10 soon. I've been testing it here in Asia with Freewing recently. I remember the days when all my aircraft had plain steel wire for struts, even on my first BVM Bandit and Electra. Then suspension came into vogue, and now it's about digging even deeper to widen the pot for performance along a larger range of runway surfaces.

Regarding the nose strut question, I should have that answer soon. Getting pricing and availability on the part is taking some time.

p.s. I really love those clear domes, RCjetdude!
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Shirty, looks like 2 more hold-overs have maidened in the last 2 days. You may win the award! :Cool:

I'm still had work to do too, but my buddy Tom kept edging me on to get her in the air. Glad that I did...it was fun! Can't wait to do it again!

Hope you're in the air soon?
                        Just got the clear coat and to modify the battery area to hold a couple of graphenes stacked like tcats n that's it. Not sure I want to win this award but it's looking likely! (the shame... lmao). But oh well it's been worth it, I love how it's come out - just hope I don't piledrive it into the ground on maiden now lol) forecast is still rain, some rain, and a bit more rain for the rest of the week. Fired her up though, did my programming, calibrated esc's etc, all looks good. (Driving around my floor). Hope we can do the clear coat this week, I'm chomping at the bit to have a fly with it. Can't wait to see what it looks like in the air. Gotta say all this bouncy talk as me a little worried, but guess we'll see. Even if I am last to break a nosegear haha :)

domes look very cool boys.
                        Tail art is done, here's a sneak preview... ;)
                        (colour in the pic is not quite right it's raining so not much light, but the grey is the stock grey)

Name:	IMG_1313.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	88888
                        Attached Files

Comment

Maiden is in the books. What a sweet flying machine. Video to be down loaded in a little bit.
                          WOW.

Also,

WOW.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Its looking good shirty. When do we get to see the whole thing.
                            Dewey l

Comment

• Is this metal plate a new feature on the nose gear retract? I've seen pics of the retract units all cracked up and wonder if Freewing has added the plate now.

oh, if if your starting to apply the waterslide decals (something I havent done in 40+years), dont start with the arched ones on the dumb bombs. No they came out pretty good. I did have a little overlap on the ends but thats better than having a gap. It was just a little closer to the nose and caused some very minor wrinkles in the front edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas W View Post
                                Is this metal plate a new feature on the nose gear retract? I've seen pics of the retract units all cracked up and wonder if Freewing has added the plate now.

oh, if if your starting to apply the waterslide decals (something I havent done in 40+years), dont start with the arched ones on the dumb bombs. No they came out pretty good. I did have a little overlap on the ends but thats better than having a gap. It was just a little closer to the nose and caused some very minor wrinkles in the front edge.
                                The plates are pretty much standard on most higher end planes now.
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

:)Well I think I'm the last to maiden. This evening at 5:45pm You need to check out the landing. I was all smiles on this one. My knees were still shaking from the adrenalin rush. Here is the video I promised.
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9p1...ature=youtu.be
                                  Great job on that maiden!!! Perfect landing, they don't get any better than that!!!
                                  Just curious, it looked like you used full flaps for landing. Do you have flaps set up per the build manual with the elevator mix?

Thanks
                                  Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

WOW.

Also,

WOW.
                                    Thanks Alpha.

Comment

• Hi I finally got my A-10 together and decals applied except the nose art. I was hooking all the leads to to receiver and centering all the control surfaces and notices a few things. First thing was I had to unscrew a good bit of the linkage from the ball link to center the control surfaces. There is only about 1/4 inch of thread in some linkages which I think should be fine. Another thing I noticed was that one of my flaps when lowered was lower then the other three. At half flaps it would be about 1/16 inch and at full flaps it would be about 1/4 inch. I am thinking this could be due to servo arm not being centered in the same position as other servos. Would this cause a problem when landing? I really don't want to drill a small in wing on an angle to remove servo arm but if that is only way to fix it guess I have too

Comment

• I recommend just fixing it. I had to do the same basic thing with my second A-10 on the rudders. I just cut a little ramp of foam out to get to the screw in the arm and glued it back in when done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironfrog25 View Post
                                          Hi I finally got my A-10 together and decals applied except the nose art. I was hooking all the leads to to receiver and centering all the control surfaces and notices a few things. First thing was I had to unscrew a good bit of the linkage from the ball link to center the control surfaces. There is only about 1/4 inch of thread in some linkages which I think should be fine. Another thing I noticed was that one of my flaps when lowered was lower then the other three. At half flaps it would be about 1/16 inch and at full flaps it would be about 1/4 inch. I am thinking this could be due to servo arm not being centered in the same position as other servos. Would this cause a problem when landing? I really don't want to drill a small in wing on an angle to remove servo arm but if that is only way to fix it guess I have too
                                          Also I noticed that one of my main landing gear has play in it when lowered. The other main gear is tight and doesn't move when lowered. Is there a way to fix this or is a little bit of wiggle ok on the main gear?

Comment

Working...
                                          X