Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Where's this Jet Rally at in September?
    Ottumwa, IA. The Fly Iowa event is being held there at the same time.

I'll be there.

The Academy of Model Aeronautics Foundation, led by its board of directors, will serve as a supporting organization that will fundraise and grant funds exclusively for and on behalf of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, founded in 1936.The AMA exists to continue the important ongoing development of aeromodeling through education, promotion and community-based programming. The AMA is devoted to inspiring the young and young-at-heart to pursue a hobby that will inspire creativity and advance learning through the use of hands-on applications. The purposes of the Foundation will be to fundraise and make grants to AMA to support its charitable and educational programs and services. As the AMA Foundation is recognized as an educational and scientific nonprofit organization, contributions may be tax-deductible.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
      Anyone at Motion have an idea as to when more ARF Pluses will arrive? I don't mind a ball park figure, ha-ha, and I won't hold you to it LOL.
      Interesting that's what I used to replace my semi-destroyed original A-10. The arf plus was only about $100 more than the aggregate replacement parts And I didn't have to switch servos etc. and the fans, motors, nacelles, and electronics were still in perfect order. Is that why your wanting one or for customizing? Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Interesting that's what I used to replace my semi-destroyed original A-10. The arf plus was only about $100 more than the aggregate replacement parts And I didn't have to switch servos etc. and the fans, motors, nacelles, and electronics were still in perfect order. Is that why your wanting one or for customizing? Brad
        Nice! That no doubt reducing the workload to get a flight ready plane again.

I was looking at the ARF Plus for a customization/modification project. I have a new paint scheme I want to use, make this one a 90mm, as well as Callie's custom decals.

Comment

• So I unboxed my A-10 last nite and everything looks fine (bigazz grin). Ive used Callie's graphics before on a couple of planes to date, but whats the difference between hers and the ones that come with the plane? I have'nt gone over the decals yet to see which ones are stick on, or water slide, but if hers are better, I'll just order a set from her. Its going to be a few days or so before I can get it assembled as I'm waiting on various electronics to arrive.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Ottumwa, IA. The Fly Iowa event is being held there at the same time.

I'll be there.

The Academy of Model Aeronautics Foundation, led by its board of directors, will serve as a supporting organization that will fundraise and grant funds exclusively for and on behalf of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, founded in 1936.The AMA exists to continue the important ongoing development of aeromodeling through education, promotion and community-based programming. The AMA is devoted to inspiring the young and young-at-heart to pursue a hobby that will inspire creativity and advance learning through the use of hands-on applications. The purposes of the Foundation will be to fundraise and make grants to AMA to support its charitable and educational programs and services. As the AMA Foundation is recognized as an educational and scientific nonprofit organization, contributions may be tax-deductible.
            Yes, the AUGUST one. Stating September had me mixed up.
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• The decals included are for the most part waterslide. Callie's as you already know are peel off vinyl.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Yes, the AUGUST one. Stating September had me mixed up.
                I meant August. E-JETS International is September in Ohio. I have a lot going on this time of year. Old age creeping in trying to keep it all straight. August is a busy month. I will be there on Saturday for the Iowa Jet Rally. FW A-10's unite. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                  The decals included are for the most part waterslide. Callie's as you already know are peel off vinyl.
                  I like Callie's a whole lot better for my purpose. They show up better on the OD paint. Not to mention the price is right.

Comment

• Personally, even though it takes more time, I like the waterslides because they are less shiny and conform to surfaces better and if you don't get it exactly where you want it you can move it around. Using the setting sollutions they even conformed to my rivet indentations which adds to the realism. They look much more "painted on". That said, it just comes down to personal preference. Brad

Comment

• Hey Guys...just returned from visiting my son who is in the Air Force and stationed at Mildenhall RAFB in England. The day we arrived he showed me they had some special visitors all the way from Georgia! I didn't get very good pictures but there was a notice on the base's website. Here's the link; http://www.mildenhall.af.mil/News/Ar...af-mildenhall/. They included some awesome his res close-ups...here are a couple examples; Rob Click image for larger version

Name:	170714-F-EJ686-1029 (1).JPG
Views:	509
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	88479
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I agree. I put the water slide star and bar on the top wing and it disappeared into the olive drab and couldn't hardly see it. So I took it off and put the Callie version on and now can be seen. The low vis vinyl would have been a better choice but I went with what I have. The B1RD still looks great and the A-10 pilots here in Michigan are eating it up wanting one of their own.;).
                        Tim T

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                          Hey Guys...just returned from visiting my son who is in the Air Force and stationed at Mildenhall RAFB in England. The day we arrived he showed me they had some special visitors all the way from Georgia! I didn't get very good pictures but there was a notice on the base's website. Here's the link; http://www.mildenhall.af.mil/News/Ar...af-mildenhall/. They included some awesome his res close-ups...here are a couple examples; Rob Click image for larger version

Name:	170714-F-EJ686-1029 (1).JPG
Views:	509
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	88479
                          Looks like the nose of the A-10 got a good dent from a bird strike. The more beat up the better. :)

Comment

• Probably from the mid air refueling! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas W View Post
                              So I unboxed my A-10 last nite and everything looks fine (bigazz grin). Ive used Callie's graphics before on a couple of planes to date, but whats the difference between hers and the ones that come with the plane? I have'nt gone over the decals yet to see which ones are stick on, or water slide, but if hers are better, I'll just order a set from her. Its going to be a few days or so before I can get it assembled as I'm waiting on various electronics to arrive.
                              Be sure to ask her for "scale" graphics or you'll find that the numbers are too large for the plane compared to actual A-10 photos.

The included Air Force decals except the vinyls in the box are what are called "low visibility"...faded, gray. Callie's are the standard insignia (without the red bar) and are very black.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...nal_air_forces

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                Personally, even though it takes more time, I like the waterslides because they are less shiny and conform to surfaces better and if you don't get it exactly where you want it you can move it around. Using the setting sollutions they even conformed to my rivet indentations which adds to the realism. They look much more "painted on". That said, it just comes down to personal preference. Brad
                                Try this stuff and "gloss" will never be a problem:

Comment

• Advancing right along. Got it "wheels down" now, and have moved the connection board back for CG later. Will epoxy the square cf tubes in tonight. Noticed on the ESC calibration I had to do 1 at a time. Seems to work ok now. Good equal thrust from both motors. Nerf howler whistles are in and whistlin. Lots to do still, but I dont get in a rush just to go fly them. I like to be sure everythings right first.

Comment

• A few pages back, I posted an image of what a 22mm acrylic dome looks like on the AGM-65 without cutting the dome. The dome is just too round to work well, especially in that size, at least to look more realistic. The AGM-65 has a very shallow window unlike the shape of a dome. An ellipse is more of the shape that is necessary to look more realistic. However, the ellipses sold by the same company are solid all the way through and not hollow like the inside of the domes they sell. That's not a huge deal, but you would have to drill into it to place anything in the ellipse or put something on the foam part of the AGM-65, and glue the ellipse on top. It's not as good of an image as the dome, more of an illusion, but the ellipse seems to lay on top better and look more realistic. I will post some pictures of what the 22mm ellipse looks like installed with a quick paint job of the foam underneath. The shape is better.

Hopefully RCdude will get his installed as well to see what the cut down 25mm dome looks like, as they may work well.

Comment

• I'm going to use these 2/56 screws and nuts to hold on the front landing gear door triangle piece. That should keep it from falling off.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                        A few pages back, I posted an image of what a 22mm acrylic dome looks like on the AGM-65 without cutting the dome. The dome is just too round to work well, especially in that size, at least to look more realistic. The AGM-65 has a very shallow window unlike the shape of a dome. An ellipse is more of the shape that is necessary to look more realistic. However, the ellipses sold by the same company are solid all the way through and not hollow like the inside of the domes they sell. That's not a huge deal, but you would have to drill into it to place anything in the ellipse or put something on the foam part of the AGM-65, and glue the ellipse on top. It's not as good of an image as the dome, more of an illusion, but the ellipse seems to lay on top better and look more realistic. I will post some pictures of what the 22mm ellipse looks like installed with a quick paint job of the foam underneath. The shape is better.

Hopefully RCdude will get his installed as well to see what the cut down 25mm dome looks like, as they may work well.
                                        I got mine today instead of yesterday and right now everything is loaded up to head out in the morning for the Johnson City Radio Controllers new runway dedication. Yes, 500' of beautiful new black asphalt. TIGRB will also be accomplishing his goal of flying everyday for a year. Should be a fun time. I hope to be able to get some good video of George's milestone flight, the Last Tiger in action as well as the 90mm Blacksnake and my Mig-21. It should be a fun time. Once I get back I will dive in on the domes.

Comment

• Woohoo! Have fun. That sounds absolutely amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X