X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thomas W View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-19-07-30-13.png Views:	1 Size:	355.3 KB ID:	88157 Sorry everyone. Chatted with Matt on MRC last week and he said more A10s would be in stock this week. Seen on MRCs FB page that one guy got to use an old discount coupon and pre-order one yesterday, so I tried the chat again to ask about pre ordering one, and jetman Mike said there was no pre orders being taken and no restock for 4-6 more weeks. Very frustrating and I give up on the A10 and MRC also. They only get limited supplies in and very few replacement parts for their planes. Thats just bad business. Enjoy your A10s, and good luck waiting for replacement parts.
    I'm pretty sure my remember that coupon code story with the A-10. That happened quite a while ago, I'm pretty sure that is not a recent event.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-19-07-30-13.png Views:	1 Size:	355.3 KB ID:	88157 Sorry everyone. Chatted with Matt on MRC last week and he said more A10s would be in stock this week. Seen on MRCs FB page that one guy got to use an old discount coupon and pre-order one yesterday, so I tried the chat again to ask about pre ordering one, and jetman Mike said there was no pre orders being taken and no restock for 4-6 more weeks. Very frustrating and I give up on the A10 and MRC also. They only get limited supplies in and very few replacement parts for their planes. Thats just bad business. Enjoy your A10s, and good luck waiting for replacement parts.
      Thomas, seriously? Pre-order was for a limited time which we all knew and just because someone commented yesterday on FB that Motion allowed them to use an old coupon to pre-order does not mean that happened yesterday. With any new release there is always a lag time to fill the pipeline. The A-10 is a hot item. I pre-ordered two of them at different times and had to wait and now if I wanted another I would add my name to be notified when back in stock and wait again. No big deal to me but being unwilling to wait for a new release plane does not make for bad business on their part. And as far as keeping parts in stock, yeah there have been times but for the most part they have done a good job keeping my planes going unlike some other companies I have dealt with so I disagree with you on that. If you are going to give up on the A-10 and MRC so easily perhaps your expectations might be a bit high and you might consider another hobby?? You will find the same situation or perhaps worse depending on where you go or what you are interested in. Just saying....

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Thomas, seriously? Pre-order was for a limited time which we all knew and just because someone commented yesterday on FB that Motion allowed them to use an old coupon to pre-order does not mean that happened yesterday. With any new release there is always a lag time to fill the pipeline. The A-10 is a hot item. I pre-ordered two of them at different times and had to wait and now if I wanted another I would add my name to be notified when back in stock and wait again. No big deal to me but being unwilling to wait for a new release plane does not make for bad business on their part. And as far as keeping parts in stock, yeah there have been times but for the most part they have done a good job keeping my planes going unlike some other companies I have dealt with so I disagree with you on that. If you are going to give up on the A-10 and MRC so easily perhaps your expectations might be a bit high and you might consider another hobby?? You will find the same situation or perhaps worse depending on where you go or what you are interested in. Just saying....
        Very eloquently stated Steve. ;)
        I had to just runaway from commenting initially cause it probably wouldn't have been nice.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-19-07-30-13.png
Views:	617
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	88157 Sorry everyone. Chatted with Matt on MRC last week and he said more A10s would be in stock this week. Seen on MRCs FB page that one guy got to use an old discount coupon and pre-order one yesterday, so I tried the chat again to ask about pre ordering one, and jetman Mike said there was no pre orders being taken and no restock for 4-6 more weeks. Very frustrating and I give up on the A10 and MRC also. They only get limited supplies in and very few replacement parts for their planes. Thats just bad business. Enjoy your A10s, and good luck waiting for replacement parts.
          The comment on FB was from a review on the A-10 product page by a customer who preordered the plane...

I would suggest you do your homework before bashing a very customer focused company and making a fool out of yourself.

TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thanks for the kind comments fellas, and yes corsair -will be my maiden for the a-10. From what everyone's written, should be awesome fun, I'm really looking forward to it based on watching all the vids posted so far and reading what everyone's written. This has been a fun project for me, I've never really owned a customised plane, and I've learned to airbrush and do a little weathering to boot. Hopefully I can get competent at it, I'd love to do a custom paint scheme on heaps of my stuff and actually turns out I enjoy the painting bit lol. Cheers boys.
            :)

Ps: (Motion have always looked after me, I can't fault their service I've been very happy. Waiting for new releases is simply a part of the hobby imho, especially for something as popular as the freewing a-10 has been. "I want it now and if I don't get it now I'll have a tanty", is a bit ridiculous mate, come on - it's only 4-6 weeks more according to your post....)

anyway... back to a-10 goodness...

Comment

• Ha - That guy really got his panties in wad. Obviously an avid Motion follower ( Here, FB) . The fact that the A-10 has sold out quickly on each batch is a testament to her quality and flying attributes. For that, smart money would say: " Get notified on availability" He could check RC-Castle too if he can't take a tater and wait.
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Looks great man, nice.

Hey tcat, I'm not 100% but seem to remember you are running the 45c 5000 turnigy graphenes? Are these your pics? Just curious, but how did you go for cg with the batts placed here? Did you still need a little up elevator dialled in for level flight, or did moving the second battery back cancel out the need for it? I'm not far off maiden and was going to copy these pics for the first flight as my best guess on cg with these batts, and just wanted to check first.
                Cheers mate.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1237.PNG Views:	1 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	88143Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1238.PNG Views:	1 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	88144Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1236.PNG Views:	1 Size:	105.1 KB ID:	88145
                Thanks Shirty. Yep, those are my pics of the placement of Turnigy Graphene 6S 5000mah 65C batteries for a CG of 84mm (with gear down and inverted). However, the placement of those batteries also take into account the added weight in the rear of the aircraft from the two Freewing inrunner power systems. Those are heavier than the stock EDF's/motor's, so you may need to go further back with your battery placement. To be on the absolute safe side, I suggest measuring the CG to ensure it's within the margin, and only use my battery placement for a potential starting point and adjust from there until the CG is tested to your liking before its first flight :Cool:.

I still have a bit of Up elevator, but it's nothing bad at all and probably less than the starting point shown in the manual (which I was expecting because I have a slightly aft CG), so it worked out good for me thankfully. I have attached a picture of my elevator position after the trimming flight.

Attached Files

Comment

• I agree with everyone's comments and support of MRC regarding Thomas W's impatience and petulance.....unbelievable........have a great day all, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                    The Foam-Tac glue and paint is almost dry, and it's back together with the new dome and inside pieces of the Pod. It provides a fun look for static display and some good added realism in comparison to just the solid foam look.
                    Awesome job, what did you use for the inside part and was that white or red sauce on the lasagna that you had while doing this:Drooling:Brad

Comment

Anyway, was out at my mates again today and did my last custom decals and learnt how to weather it. Just a clear coat left to go and she's ready. Can't wait. Did most of the weathering myself once I was shown how to do it, I think it turned out ok for my first ever effort. Since I'm going with a fictional RAAF scheme, I get to pick my squadron logo, and in keeping with the shark mouth I chose something I thought would fit well with this. Also did a couple of Aussie decals for the tail, raaf tail number etc. overall she's looking good imho. Can't wait to fly it, I've never put so much effort into customising one of my planes before lol. :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1302.JPG
Views:	649
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	88147Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1303.JPG
Views:	662
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	88148
                      Great job on the weathering! Those decals and overall scheme is going to be great, and looking forward to the pictures of the finished product.

Comment

• In stock, and ordered. Sorry guys, it was just getting frustrating waiting for it. Especially when I was just told another 4-6 weeks.

Comment

• Sorry, it double posting for some reason

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Great job on the weathering! Those decals and overall scheme is going to be great, and looking forward to the pictures of the finished product.
                            Thanks mate, can't wait to show yas. Cheers for the advice too didn't realise yours were 65c, got those as well but I'll start slightly aft of your pics with the 45c ones.
                            All good Thomas :)

Comment

• Just submitted my order for the now in stock A10 at Motion. Never an issue for me to wait a bit for a hot model like this to come back in stock, as I have other cool planes to fly in the meantime. It's actually been somewhat of a blessing, as during my wait I've read all kinds of great tips on this forum on how to fly and especially land this jet. Thanks to everyone for all the great info!

Comment

• This plane heads my list of FW jets! Check out the footage from the Piedmont Aeromodelers Club, Wade NC. https://www.facebook.com/groups/8490...4112233997642&

Comment

Anyway, was out at my mates again today and did my last custom decals and learnt how to weather it. Can't wait to fly it, I've never put so much effort into customising one of my planes before lol. :)
                                  Awesome job on the weathering Shirty. Looking forward to seeing pics of the completed bird. And of course, good luck on the maiden!

T-Cat, and others, those lenses look great. Next mod on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

I haven't tried cutting or bending the springs for this one yet. (may play with it after spares become available) but have shortened and re formed the hook on some larger stiffer ones.
                                    Try using side cutters. The beveled edge will let it slip between coils and then you can lever it up a bit. (Don't squeeze the handles too hard or you may wind up with it shorter than you want ;)) After you get the initial opening done you can work it with needle nose or whatever you are comfortable with.
                                    Yeah, thanks for the input.... I went back to the bench vise last night and after making sure of the lower hook orientation,(the two hooks are 90 degrees to each other), slid a small slot screwdriver between the first and second coil in far enough to rest on the other side of the coil and " hinged" it straight up. This worked like a charm, and then fine tuned with the needle nose pliers. Now if I can get two of them made the same, I will be sitting pretty. The only remaining question is getting it stretched back onto that upper hinge pin. :Thinking:Brad

Comment

In stock, and ordered. Sorry guys, it was just getting frustrating waiting for it. Especially when I was just told another 4-6 weeks.
                                      No worries. Glad it is in stock again and not another 4-6 weeks after all. The CSR's try to do a good job but they can only go on the information they have and I am glad Matt was right.

Comment

• Hey guys can some one remind me what we are using for a replacement pin on the nose gear... went to motion but it's out of stock.... any help is awesome thanks

Comment

In stock, and ordered. Sorry guys, it was just getting frustrating waiting for it. Especially when I was just told another 4-6 weeks.
                                          No worries Thomas, I've typed before stopping to think about it....many times ;)
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X