X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thomas W View Post
    Being fairly new to "strutted" planes, Im surprised no one has come up with an oil damped strut assembly for our planes. I know theres some pretty exotic shock assemblies for RC cars out there. Is it due to size, weight or what? BTW, my A-10 is on the UPS truck and out for delivery already this morning. 1 day from MRC, NICE!
    Great, and then the fun begins, i.e., assembly and the 500 stickers, lol, but you'll enjoy it.

Comment

• Still wondering if anybody has identified another set of oleo struts with the scissors from some other MRC plane that will slide right onto the connecter pin-tighten up the grub screws and go . Looked at hobby king and nothing really falls into this category. Hey Alpha, any thoughts? I know this plane was designed for thick grass and it obviously performs well in that situation but I have very short grass on hard ground and having way too much trouble. I would love some input on an alternate oleo type strut. If the scissor on the nose gear was reversable for left and right mains and a little shorter, that would work perfectly. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I have it fixed already...just deciding what to do now.
        What do you think about ditching the trailing link struts for functional oleos? Brad

Comment

• Yeah those trailing links are awesome for folks with taller grass fields but for those of us flying off short, short grass or pavement the trailing links act like pogo sticks! Just ask me how I know. LOL
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Robart is pricey. But May want to fish their website for 12 to 15 pound kicks.
            Let us know what you catch !

Plane

Comment

• only thing Ive seen so far are ones at HK that are offset, but still not sure it'll work though with the wheel...the offset part doesnt look to be offset enough. Im still tempted to try these FW P-51 struts, but Id have to drill the pin hole to make it bigger. I dont think the weight of the plane would be a problem for them either as someone else mentioned.
              www.TSHobbies.com
              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I wonder how many A-10 PNP's Motion has in stock right now. Hopefully it's quite a bit.

Comment

• Xmas in July

Comment

Xmas in July
                    Your parrot likes it too!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1horse59 View Post

What joystick are you using?
                      I am using the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick. It works on PC and PS3. I had gotten it because it had good reviews for being an entry level Hotas setup and it has been great. It has plenty of buttons to program the basic needed functions and you can either twist the stick to control the rudder or use the slider rocker button on the throttle. I prefer the to use the slider. It is cheaper now at $50 than when I bought mine 2 years ago. I got mine on Amazon. There is also a newer version with blue trim that also works with a PS4.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thrustmaster.JPG Views:	1 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	88371

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

What do you think about ditching the trailing link struts for functional oleos? Brad
                        I think oleos are the way to go.
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I am using the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick. It works on PC and PS3. I had gotten it because it had good reviews for being an entry level Hotas setup and it has been great. It has plenty of buttons to program the basic needed functions and you can either twist the stick to control the rudder or use the slider rocker button on the throttle. I prefer the to use the slider. It is cheaper now at $50 than when I bought mine 2 years ago. I got mine on Amazon. There is also a newer version with blue trim that also works with a PS4.

Click image for larger version Name:	Thrustmaster.JPG Views:	1 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	88371
                          Thanks, I downloaded it last night, will get a joystick this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I think oleos are the way to go.
                            Do you have some in mind? I've been looking at the nosegear and it is reversible for right and left but the offset part is too short for the main wheels. I'm hoping that Alpha,hint-hint, will come up with an alternative that is bolt on. It would be great if MRC offered that as an upgrade or alternate. Meanwhile, as time allows , I'll be looking through the other MRC planes for something that might work. As you maybe more than anyone else knows, there are many interchangeable parts on these planes. I hope if you or anybody else discovers a set that works, they will post the info as will I, Brad

Comment

• Yep....I asked him last week and he said he was at Freewing and would get back to us. No news is good news.

Plane

Comment

Xmas in July
                                Yea

Comment

• Added instrumentation to the cockpit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

I use the free download of the Windows "Movie Maker" It does the job for me. Easy to use/edit videos from my Mobius. As far as a good laptop, ummm, kind of "Ford or Chevy" on that. The laptop i use is 3 years old. Bought it at Wal-Mart :)
                                    Hope to see you in September Lon at the AMA Jet Rally. Already booked. Will see how many FW A-10's show up.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                                      Added instrumentation to the cockpit.
                                      Nice addition!

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                                        Hope to see you in September Lon at the AMA Jet Rally. Already booked. Will see how many FW A-10's show up.:Cool:
                                        Where's this Jet Rally at in September?
                                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Anyone at Motion have an idea as to when more ARF Pluses will arrive? I don't mind a ball park figure, ha-ha, and I won't hold you to it LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                          X