• Originally posted by Jpahemi1 View Post
      Hope u get well soon
      john
      Thanks, Going to the Jet Jam?

Comment

• Your welcome. Where is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
          In the hospital tonight with diverticulitis. Unable to work on the A-10.
          Get well soon Colt
          Tom

Comment

• Just looked at the jet jam site. Wow looks like a great place to fly.

Comment

Just looked at the jet jam site. Wow looks like a great place to fly.
              It's awesome. I was there last year. A really great time. I'll be staying at the Best Western in New Albany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Procrastinator View Post
                Thanks RCjetdude the cloned AR9020 your using is it the Lemon brand? I have an 8 channel Lemon with a satellite receiver but wasn't sure to use it or not. just want to make sure Im putting something bulletproof in don't want this bird going in over a receiver glitch if you know what I mean.
                They're great, I've got a 10 channel Lemon receiver in my Tigercat and Avanti, OV-10 will undoubtedly be using one in his A-10.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

They're great, I've got a 10 channel Lemon receiver in my Tigercat and Avanti, OV-10 will undoubtedly be using one in his A-10.

Grossman56
                  I'll add my vote for Lemon Rx's- started using them several years ago after some research (and initial skepticism) in some large and costly models, (not park-flyers), and have had nothing but great results. These aren't Spectrum "clones", per Se, and have some really innovative features. One is going into my A-10 and I have no reservations about doing so.
                  Tom

Comment

Assembled my A-10 today. No issues except the the manual states that the inboard flap used a 63 mm pushrod and the outboard flap uses the 76mm rod. The manual has those two rods reversed. The inboard flap used the 76mm rod and the outboard flap and aileron both use the 63 mm rod.

The control throws seem gigantic too me. Aileron is 40 mm on high rate and 30 on low. Is it ok to use these settings for a first flight?
                    Ryan said in his flight demo video that he liked it on low rates, so maybe that's why! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I'm almost done, I'll be flying in an hour ;)
                      TI, you are a true pilot and A&P mechanic. That plane didn't sit in the box more than 10 minutes I bet! If I had a hangar like yours I'd be doing the same. I'm like some of the others. I'll be on the dining room table and some in the hangar later on tonight.

Anxious to see your final build!

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                        My arrived. Wow! What a box or should I say small casket? Just the engineering that went into packaging is amazing.

Hope she fly's as good as she's packaged! With the sheer size it looks daunting but really most is pre-assembled. Could use a helper.
                        Dave, we should've planned this better. You, Tom and I could've have a build party tonight. But I think Tom went out of town this evening. However, not before he confiscated his A-10 from the UPS driver first!!

Are you building tonight?

Comment

• Nice idea on the shrink tube Tirediron...I've never seen a strip that long! What size and what length is that? I can't relate to being OCD or anything...that's why we spend hours talking and planning about making changes that can't be seen by the naked eye!!! :) Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                            Nice idea on the shrink tube Tirediron...I've never seen a strip that long! What size and what length is that? I can't relate to being OCD or anything...that's why we spend hours talking and planning about making changes that can't be seen by the naked eye!!! :) Rob
                            It's 10mm wide,..got it from Motion here.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                              In the hospital tonight with diverticulitis. Unable to work on the A-10.
                              Aw man! Praying for a speedy recovery Colt. You have a lot to look forward to when you get out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

It's 10mm wide,..got it from Motion here.
                                Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  I'm glad some of you mentioned liking the packaging. It's not easy to cram all those parts securely into a box to minimize the dimensions ($$$) while not sacrificing durability and security. For some aircraft this can actually take quite a bit of engineering. Yet another often overlooked aspect of mass producing items suitable for world consumption.
                                  I noticed. :) I also noticed the great packing ob my Tigercat that I just assembled. Someone put some serious thought into this.

Comment

• Get Well Soon, Tim.....Gotta be well enough to make the "Jam", Buddy.....As I said earlier, Mine has been assembled, disassembled, and As of this evening, I've got the tops of the main wings painted. Just don't have the strength in my back anymore, to do the "marathon paint sessions" I used to. But she'll be ready for "The JAM" Baby.......along with a couple of other "special guests"....

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Ryan said in his flight demo video that he liked it on low rates, so maybe that's why! Rob
                                      Capt Mike set ours up by the book. We put 20 percent expo on everything for both rates. He says he likes low rate also. I'm building mine now. I will set it up by percentages rather than mm and see what I get.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that coltpilot. Hope you feel better soon mate! (Want me to maiden yours?) ;)

Ill also add my two cents and give kudos to the packaging as well. Considering mine go from China to the USA, back through another 3 mainland us states, up to Alaska, then Korea, then back to china, then Singapore, then here to Perth - and I've never had a damaged plane despite the outer box getting a few travel cuts and bruises. Much appreciate the effort to ensure these get delivered safe n sound.

Also like the heat shrink. Great idea. Might use that, thanks. good thinking.

Whilst my a-10 makes its epic journey to me, I'll echo pat and wish all you guys that have yours (or soon to receive yours), best of luck with the maidens. Can't wait to hear your flight reports (and vid!!!! Hint hint)
                                        :)

Comment

• Finally about 5:00 it arrived... But to my dismay I see a big hole in the box and think the worst...
                                          The box itself looked like it had been beat around really good.
                                          Upon opening and seeing the packaging of this thing set me back a bit. Everything was perfectly held in place and nothing was damaged...
                                          I went thru every piece and not even a scuff anywhere...
                                          Thanks Motion, you have a very happy customer here!!! Not my first plane from Motion... 1 Stinger 90, 2 F-7 TigerCats, 2 Avantis, 1 A-10 with another on the way... Extremely satisfied with the quality of products and service I have received from this company. Keep up the good work guys, cant wait to see what's next...
                                          Will start build Monday as I am working 12 hours a day this weekend, no time for play, gotta pay my RC tab... lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X