Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have those as well from the kit if you are interested. Are you wanting a backup set just in case?

Comment

• For what it is worth, I won't be using the decals from my kit, either. I am doing a 357th DM livery and have vinyl from Callie so if anyone finds themselves in need of a spare set of teeth, tusks or snakeheads, just PM me. Better than gathering dust in my shop.

Comment

• I have the Callie 442nd Tactical Fighter Wing livery from Missouri for mine! Thinking of building her today!

Comment

• Lon,

Congrats on your maiden. Awesome field. RC heaven. You guys have the Field of Dreams. This is Field of Dreams II !
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• How are you guys transporting the fuse? In a cradle? Even without the pave penny pod attached, you can't set the fuse on a flat surface correct?

Comment

• I smell bacon :) Click image for larger version

Name:	20170605_092735.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	79418 Now I just have to get through the rest of the day at work without catching swine flu.
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Pete,

I picked up on that too. Will transport on cradle. Install wings and armament while inverted. Drop LG. Flip over. Set on ground.

Hows the prescribed CG working out for everybody ? I'm using a pair of RT 5800's. Not much leeway to adjust.
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  I have those as well from the kit if you are interested. Are you wanting a backup set just in case?
                  Yes sir, just in case. That way if I do botch it, I'll have a set or 2 setting here instead of waiting on shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post

Yes sir, just in case. That way if I do botch it, I'll have a set or 2 setting here instead of waiting on shipping.
                    PM me your mailing address an I will send them out.

Comment

• Sounds great, thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                        I smell bacon :) Click image for larger version

Name:	20170605_092735.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	79418 Now I just have to get through the rest of the day at work without catching swine flu.
                        Based on your avatar you are looking a little sickly Bill.... you have my permission to go home and and build your Hawg... I mean rest. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                          Pete,

I picked up on that too. Will transport on cradle. Install wings and armament while inverted. Drop LG. Flip over. Set on ground.

Hows the prescribed CG working out for everybody ? I'm using a pair of RT 5800's. Not much leeway to adjust.
                          CG is good at recommended 78mm. For the record, I balanced mine wheels down and upside down as it is just easier to me. Going back a little with the CG is probably fine but I don't think I would want to go any more forward with it. The RT's are not much heavier than the Admiral 5000's but you probably will have to secure them back just as far as you can get them to go. Because of my mods I came up nose heavy and ended up stacking my batteries but the CG is spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            I hear you, I'm still sorting out the Avanti landings. I get into that porpoising mode where she's acting like a bucking bronco. I watch all the videos and guys grease them in no problem, so it something I'm doing wrong, I think I'm not raising the nose soon enough or at all to help bleed off speed as the last landing, she started in on the bucking so I held back elevator and she settled in. I thought to myself,"last flight before Nefi so I can get the boys to educate me. Sure helped with warbird landings last year and this bird is so much fun in the air that I reallywant her around for a long time.

Grossman56
                            Grossman, this video has been around a while, but not sure if you've seen it. This describes what some of the others are describing.

Comment

• ordinance kit is the same price as some of the 64mm EDFs....... I spend a lot and I am not a tight wad..............but that seems pricey for foam weapons, especially when a jet, with an ESC, fan, motor and servos is the same price

ok...........sorry for the whining...

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
                                ordinance kit is the same price as some of the 64mm EDFs....... I spend a lot and I am not a tight wad..............but that seems pricey for foam weapons, especially when a jet, with an ESC, fan, motor and servos is the same price

ok...........sorry for the whining...
                                I completely agree. For foam weapons, the price for spares is more than a bit out of line.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                  I completely agree. For foam weapons, the price for spares is more than a bit out of line.
                                  Im laughing though........... I just got my A-10, open the box and see the ordinance kit... didn't realize they cam with them.. Geezus this plane is nice

Comment

• They changed that just before pre-orders opened up. We were expecting a $499 price without ordnance, but then they opened up the orders at $549 with ordnance included. Some guys were miffed about the price increase, but I was happy as I was going to order the ordnance anyway and it saved me having to buy them separately.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Question for the group. Been following this thread from the beginning and was part of the 1st order group for this incredible bird. I haven't seen this question come up yet so I need to ask before my maiden flight. I've had two prior twin engine RC planes, one prop and the other EDF but both were before these new central control circuit panels. When programming each ESC for throttle range, are you doing so for each ESC independently or are you programming the throttle range of the two ESC's as one complete unit with both ESC's connected to their batteries and each throttle servo plug connected to the circuit board and then the one throttle servo plug from the circuit board plugged into the receiver?

Thanks in advance for any input. Hope all our maidens go well!

Comment

• Originally posted by JTClark View Post
                                        Question for the group. Been following this thread from the beginning and was part of the 1st order group for this incredible bird. I haven't seen this question come up yet so I need to ask before my maiden flight. I've had two prior twin engine RC planes, one prop and the other EDF but both were before these new central control circuit panels. When programming each ESC for throttle range, are you doing so for each ESC independently or are you programming the throttle range of the two ESC's as one complete unit with both ESC's connected to their batteries and each throttle servo plug connected to the circuit board and then the one throttle servo plug from the circuit board plugged into the receiver?

Thanks in advance for any input. Hope all our maidens go well!
                                        The only 2 things I ever had to do was either plug and play or have to set the end points. Turn on TX throttle all the way up, plug in the battery, listen for the beeps, throttle down, will beep again and that was It. Some others get into timing the motors but not that educated on that part. Ensure throttle trim is all the way down before proceeding. Hope this helps.

Tim T

Comment

• On my twins I do them independently after the model is 100% assembled. I haven't had a problem with this method yet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X