Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
    Custom livery...more to come.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_214258325_iOS.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	79299

This picture you'll just have to figure it out...

Name:	20170603_205758910_iOS.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	79300
    Rotating Beacon ?

Comment

• Maiden this morning!!
      Total of 10 flights on the A-10.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Grats Lon. Awesome.

Comment

• Looks like a great first flight to me :). Excellent job!

Comment

• Especially with no breeze. 23.4 V
            Nice !

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              Bingo :). Holding the elevator stick pressure is key. Most of the bucking bronco landings occur when the plane is slow (and sometimes not slow enough, but depends), the planes wheels touch the ground (sometimes not gently enough causing it to spring in the air) and the pilot completely relieves all elevator pressure as soon as wheels touch. Holding just enough of that back pressure on the elevator keeps a small amount of lift that gradually reduces as the airspeed continues to decrease while the plane is on the mains and nose gear, and lessens the chance of the jet oscillating up and down from rear to nose.
              I cut 3/8" off my nose strut spring which has helped with the bouncing.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Great flight Lon, I do the same kind of breathing when I'm taking a plane up for the first time. Pegs the pucker meter for sure!! Hope mine goes as well. Amazing runway!!!!!! Brad

Comment

• Woohooo! Another successful maiden. Keep em' coming. Congrats Lon. Nice job. I was initially nervous as well but once airborne it flew so well that it helped relax me so that by the end of the flight I was elated.

Comment

• I modified the cockpit so you don't need to pull the latch pin back to close it...that bugged me :wacky

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170605_005115677_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	79346

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170605_005738833_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	79347

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170605_005705039_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	79345
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Self pushing. One handed.

Thanks !

Plane

Comment

• Congrats on your maiden Lon

Comment

• Nicely done Lon! I I agree with Brad...that is an awesome field you guys have! Thanks everyone for your reports on your maidens...those of us in the second shipment group appreciate the input! Rob

Comment

• Good mod TI, just like a door latch. What material did you use on the strike side? Brad

Comment

• Amazing flight, amazing plane amazing field and well, amazing pilot as well.
                              Diane and I both watched the maiden flight and rooted for you, great job!!
                              The one good thing about returning from Nefi is stopping by your field and seeing this place on person. Every time I see this field I drool !!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                Good mod TI, lust like a door latch. What material did you use on the strike side? Brad
                                It's just a piece of plastic I cut from an old P-51 gear door, I cut it 5/8" longer than the stock one then heated it and bend it.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

I'm planning to go with the FT scheme (backup plan, termites if I screw up the tigers) on mine so you are welcome to the Blacksnakes nose art from mine once it gets here.
                                  Thanks, let me know when your plane arrives and if I haven't secured them sooner I'll take you up on the offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Thanks, let me know when your plane arrives and if I haven't secured them sooner I'll take you up on the offer.
                                    These are yours if you want them...

Name:	14966350986601544682041.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	79371

Comment

• I will more than likely give up my Black Snakes decals as well when mine gets here, I don't like snakes and don't want one on the front of my A-10....:Scared::Scared:LOL....... Not sure which of the other two sets of decals I'm going to use yet so if someone needs the Black Snakes I will let them go for free of course, but let me get my A-10 first, looks like Tuesday is my delivery date.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

These are yours if you want them...

Name:	14966350986601544682041.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	79371
                                        Awesome, I'll pm you my address.

Comment

• If anyone has a set of the Termite liveries they would like to sell, I wouldn't mind picking up some.

This will be the first time I've done water slides since I was a kid, so I can only imagine what it's going to be like trying to do them on this bad boy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X