Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudder span dimensions is actually on post#714.........here's the direct link
    https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...1410#post61410

580mm = 22.83 inches
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Go to #920

Click image for larger version

Name:	A10 in trunk.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	73780
      Thank you! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

I asked Alpha the same question. I can't seem to find his response, but he said it was around 23"-24" across the rudder span.
        Thanks! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
          Rudder span dimensions is actually on post#714.........here's the direct link
          https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...1410#post61410

580mm = 22.83 inches
          Perfect...Thanks! Rob

Comment

• Mayday !! Mayday !! Where can U get the ship tracker App ? Just weeks Away

Comment

• Question regarding the A 10 ladder. On the real A 10, is that a fixed pole with pegs that a ground crew member clips into place? Or is it telescopic pole, retracting back inside the compartment? Thanks in advance.

Jim

Comment

• It's a telescopic pole carried on board behind a door.

Comment

• The ladder is telescoping and hinged at the top so that it lays back into the ladder compartment. A Hog driver can start and launch the jet autonomously......except for stowing the ladder. I always figured that in a pinch, I'd probably be able to tie a lanyard to the bottom step, climb into the jet, and pull the ladder up like an anchor. I did come across a photo of a mangled ladder that had popped out during flight and bent back along the fuse.

Comment

• Thanks Guys!

Comment

• K&S baby.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170501_125611.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	73812

Comment

• Originally posted by Legman01 View Post
                        The ladder is telescoping and hinged at the top so that it lays back into the ladder compartment. A Hog driver can start and launch the jet autonomously......except for stowing the ladder. I always figured that in a pinch, I'd probably be able to tie a lanyard to the bottom step, climb into the jet, and pull the ladder up like an anchor. I did come across a photo of a mangled ladder that had popped out during flight and bent back along the fuse.
                        Hey Legman, thanks for weighing in on something you really know about. I had always wondered about that ladder being deployable or retractable from the cockpit. So it's strictly a ground crew thing unless you get creative. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Right? How cool and what an honor to have an actual "Hawg Driver" be an active part of this thread. What a treat!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            K&S baby.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170501_125611.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	73812
                            Exactly what I had in mind, even bought the tubing but noticed that the ladder was going to be offered as an option/upgrade so decided to "wait and see". I had even considered making it truly telescopic and hinged to fit in an actual box and door installed in the side of the fuse.:Ligthbulb: At some point I realized that I was probably making my same old mistake of "scaling" myself right out of half the flying season !!!!!!! Maybe next winter with the operable canopy and the,and the,and the,Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Exactly what I had in mind, even bought the tubing but noticed that the ladder was going to be offered as an option/upgrade so decided to "wait and see". I had even considered making it truly telescopic and hinged to fit in an actual box and door installed in the side of the fuse.:Ligthbulb: At some point I realized that I was probably making my same old mistake of "scaling" myself right out of half the flying season !!!!!!! Maybe next winter,Brad
                              I plan to make mine recessed in the fuse and telescoping. It shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Comment

I plan to make mine recessed in the fuse and telescoping. It shouldn't be too difficult to do.
                                I couldn't figure out how to keep the "telescope" from over extending and falling apart. No room for stops.......unless you had a set of lines set at designated lengths attached to the inside of each segment and then anchor them at the top.:Thinking:Hey , I might have just figured it out!!!!! Brad

Comment

• I am using 7 tubes sizes from 10mm down to 4mm... 10, 9, 8, 7, etc... The 9, 7 and 5 form the stops for the 10, 8, 6 and 4. Make sense?

Comment

• ....and I am working with Callie to make 1/10 ordnance decals; but so far can't read the text/ #'s/lettering on the 1/32 ones that I have.....so still a work in progress. If anyone has readable ordnance decals please lemme know ......

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

I couldn't figure out how to keep the "telescope" from over extending and falling apart. No room for stops.......unless you had a set of lines set at designated lengths attached to the inside of each segment and then anchor them at the top.:Thinking:Hey , I might have just figured it out!!!!! Brad
                                      Well??? :Confused: It would be one more trick scale feature now wouldn't it? :)

Comment

I am using 7 tubes sizes from 10mm down to 4mm... 10, 9, 8, 7, etc... The 9, 7 and 5 form the stops for the 10, 8, 6 and 4. Make sense?
                                        So you could cut small rings of the 9,7,and 5 top and bottom to form stops. I also thought of that but wondered if the resultant double stepdowns would be too much to look scale. And hey Clearblue my freind there's always room for more input. A telescopic cockpit access ladder that folds into a hatch with a closeable magnetic door would be the:Bomb::Cool:Brad

Comment

• You got it. I wondered the same thing Brad but after getting the tubing and sliding it together to mock up how it might look I don't think it will be a problem and I am not trying to be crazy accurate (scale) anyway. The tubing walls are .45 mm thick so you end up with a 1 mm step from one tube OD to the next. I just guessed on the largest tube needing to be 10 mm since I have no plane to reference to. Plus, I don't think the bottom tube would look right if it was any smaller than 4 mm.

Comment

Working...
                                          X