X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post

Hey Micheal Officer Evans from Greenville. Did the 4 different decal pages came with the A-10? You didn't pictures them in all your pictures shown.
    The A-10 comes with three different liveries, as depicted on the product page on the website. I have not decided which one to use just yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170501_204112.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	74037

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
      OOOHHHHH!!!!!!!! So close and just out of reach. So Michael, im guessing that yours came in the pre-release batch that Ryan and Mike received theirs? Someone please say that a container has arrived EARLY!! Like a dog waiting for his best friend to come home.....................
      Yes Sam, this is a early sample of the first production run. The shipment is still on track for the end of the month!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
        Hi Guys!!!

For those wondering, yes, this is the production model. It was sent to me to take to Joe Nall so you guys can drool on it!!LOL
        Seriously though, I will have the model out at Joe Nall, along with many other Freewing and MotionRC models. I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!! If there are any specific things that you want to know about the Warthog, shoot me a PM, or quote me, and I will do my best to get you the information you need! Without further ad

Well, there you have it, the Freewing twin 80mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Super Scale 1700mm model!!

Like I said, if you guys have any questions, let me know, and I will do my best to get you some answers!!

Happy Landings guys!!;)

Are the servo's glued in?
        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Are the servo's glued in?
          All of the servos are glued in. This is one of the 30g aileron servos

Name:	photo_1493731561970.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	74041

Comment

The mains are 3 1/4"
            Awesome! Thanks again... I think I am done bugging you for awhile. :)

Comment

• Great pictures Kloverzero! Thanks for sharing them... My heart rate is climbing again! ;)

Jim

Comment

• Hey.... what about.... just kidding. LOL;) Seriously though, thank you for your patience with all our questions.

Comment

• Great pics Michael! Thanks for posting.:Cool:

Comment

• Hey, you guys are customers, and I am service!! They didn't send me this thing to look pretty on my workbench. ;)

Myself and the Warthog are here for you guys.:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• And THAT, Ladies & Gentlemen, is why at least 1/3 of my pay goes to "MRC"......LOL. Thank You Michael.

Comment

• Hey Kloverzero, here's a question. I've noticed in your pictures the little "steam vent flowers" on many of the surfaces and they bug me, especially in high vis areas. They also get in the way of decals sometimes and I'm wondering if it is practical to sand those off flush and touch them up with matched paint. Or does that "open the cells"? I also noticed that the "flowers" on the flaps were actually inset, Was that done to allow for filling them in or? Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Okay, this is straight from the horse's (Alpha's) mouth, let the wondering cease!!

P.S.: He said he would post some instructional video at some point as well!!!

"Rivet detail was a bamboo skewer, with the tip sanded flat to 1mm wide circle. Took about ten minutes for the entire aircraft. Press lightly, don't need to puncture. I just eyeballed the spacing, but I guess I'm good at that. In fact I've studied the aircraft so much that I know how many rivets are on the major panels. The spacing is not always the same. Bottom line, use a reference, and just poke the foam gently enough to depress it."

"Painting was same as my plastic models. Dark pre-shading along panel lines, then airbrushed lighter color starting from the center of each panel and working out to the panel line. Because the center gets more layers of paint, it's lighter than the panel areas, giving a realistic look."

Hope this helps guys!!

Comment

The A-10 comes with three different liveries, as depicted on the product page on the website. I have not decided which one to use just yet.

Name:	20170501_204112.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	74037
                            Blacksnakes! :)

Comment

• I was happy to see the Pave Penny pod was removable. Should make not having it easier. Fill the holes and touch up the paint.

Comment

• Good work Michael! Nice bird isn't it? So glad you will have it at Joe Nall for all to drool over.

Comment

• I must have missed it getting caught up on here but have these things hit the water yet ?

Comment

• Oh how sweet it is! Here's one to tie us over for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                      Oh how sweet it is! Here's one to tie us over for awhile.
                                      Don't you mean "fantastic"?!!! :):P

Comment

• Originally posted by Piledrive1 View Post
                                        I must have missed it getting caught up on here but have these things hit the water yet ?
                                        I've been told that the end of May is still a valid ship date. That being the case the have to be on the water.

Comment

• Piledrive,
                                          You didn't see the vid on rcg? The Navy was practicing and accidentally blew up the container ship. Thought is was a target ship.
                                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Working...
                                          X