Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad, You are Absolutely correct it would be :Scared:....The Bomb! :Thinking:

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

I couldn't figure out how to keep the "telescope" from over extending and falling apart. No room for stops.......unless you had a set of lines set at designated lengths attached to the inside of each segment and then anchor them at the top.:Thinking:Hey , I might have just figured it out!!!!! Brad
      Sorry maybe I am missing part of the discussion, but wouldn't it be easy to use any telescoping antenna to make this? They maintain their position by friction, and stop by means of a small lip at the end of each section. I don't see these type of antennas much anymore, but if you have an old car, or an old radio, or a 72Mhz transmitter, wouldn't it be easy to cut one off and re-purpose it? If you don't already have one at home, I would guess any thrift store has about 100 of them (attached to things that should have been thrown in the trash years ago).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

Sorry maybe I am missing part of the discussion, but wouldn't it be easy to use any telescoping antenna to make this? They maintain their position by friction, and stop by means of a small lip at the end of each section. I don't see these type of antennas much anymore, but if you have an old car, or an old radio, or a 72Mhz transmitter, wouldn't it be easy to cut one off and re-purpose it? If you don't already have one at home, I would guess any thrift store has about 100 of them (attached to things that should have been thrown in the trash years ago).
        Most I have ever seen are way too small in diameter to look right or too long to provide the function desired but I hear ya'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cool_cat_4.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	73859

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          You got it. I wondered the same thing Brad but after getting the tubing and sliding it together to mock up how it might look I don't think it will be a problem and I am not trying to be crazy accurate (scale) anyway. The tubing walls are .45 mm thick so you end up with a 1 mm step from one tube OD to the next. I just guessed on the largest tube needing to be 10 mm since I have no plane to reference to. Plus, I don't think the bottom tube would look right if it was any smaller than 4 mm.
          I agree, don't want to get too spindley on the bottom end. Does the picture you posted include the 5,7,and 9 stops? As for the radio antenna idea, Gringotuerto, that would be perfect but you would have to cut down the length of each segment and then you'd lose the knurled end. But back in the sixties, you could buy those type antennas at "head shops" with an alligator clip soldered on to the end so when it was time to pass the joint, you could extend the antenna with the "roach clip" to the next person without having to get up off the couch.LOL Anyway, I was also trying to think of a way to make a "sandwich" out of two thin layers of styrene with some spacers or something to make those steps look more realistic. The quest for scale can be a curse:Confused:Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
            Mayday !! Mayday !! Where can U get the ship tracker App ? Just weeks Away
            It'll be on the notice of shipment, just have to push the number shown in blue on it and it will automatically take you where you want to go!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

I agree, don't want to get too spindley on the bottom end. Does the picture you posted include the 5,7,and 9 stops? As for the radio antenna idea, Gringotuerto, that would be perfect but you would have to cut down the length of each segment and then you'd lose the knurled end. But back in the sixties, you could buy those type antennas at "head shops" with an alligator clip soldered on to the end so when it was time to pass the joint, you could extend the antenna with the "roach clip" to the next person without having to get up off the couch.LOL Anyway, I was also trying to think of a way to make a "sandwich" out of two thin layers of styrene with some spacers or something to make those steps look more realistic. The quest for scale can be a curse:Confused:Brad
              The 5, 7 and 9 tubes are inside but not cut yet. I just slid the tubes inside each other to simulate it. I will cut tubes once I have the plane.

Comment

• I just saw a post on Facebook that a friend shared to me... it's someone that supposedly has a production model of the Freewing A-10. It looks legit but I'm curious on how someone has one before the production models haven't even hit the water yet? I'm not trying to stir up drama; was just wondering how it was possible that someone already has one is all. Am I a little jealous? Maybe.... LOL

Comment

The 5, 7 and 9 tubes are inside but not cut yet. I just slid the tubes inside each other to simulate it. I will cut tubes once I have the plane.
                  Yeah, that looks good knowing the 5,7,and 9 tubes are in there. Might be tempted to start at 11 to take the 4 up a notch, just thinking out loud, Brad

Comment

• Are you sure that's not just Mike & Ryan from MRC, and their flight Demo....?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
                      Are you sure that's not just Mike & Ryan from MRC, and their flight Demo....?
                      Yeah, positive, the pics are showing assembling the tail, close ups of the cockpit with the hatch off, etc. Again I'm not trying to stir up trouble, could be someone that was given a production model to demo (he's on the East Coast as far as I can tell), I was just curious about it is all.

Comment

Yeah, that looks good knowing the 5,7,and 9 tubes are in there. Might be tempted to start at 11 to take the 4 up a notch, just thinking out loud, Brad
                        That could work as well.

Comment

• I'm sure that poster will be along soon. I'll say that this A-10 looks great, I can't wait to get mine.

Comment

• From the comments (he will be a Joe Nall with about 20 MotionRC planes), sounds like pilot Mike.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              From the comments (he will be a Joe Nall with about 20 MotionRC planes), sounds like pilot Mike.
                              This is our very own Michael from customer service. Capt Mike is a different Mike.

Comment

• Ah, it all makes sense now! Thanks Ryan.
                                Pat

Comment

• Hey Alpha and the MRC boys and girls, saw the MRC pre-orer page in Model Airplane News July issue...........awesome once again. The Avanti is an "s" and the hog is "A-10" LOL I also noticed that E-flite has released yet another 2 meter plane, the Carbon-Z 2.1 meter Cessna 150. Did I mention 2100mm? Just had to point out that this is their third offering on the two meter range and coupled with LX, this makes about six on the market that I know of. I have to think their other 2 meter planes are selling well or they wouldn,t be putting out more. My point is that it seems all those park flyer guys are realizing that small planes flit and large planes fly and the market seems to be responding. I'm hoping that you guys will rethink your game plan and get in front of the others where you belong. Just sayin' Brad:Cool:

Comment

• That would be Kloverzero then? Super cool! I am planning to go down to the Nall on the 18th.

Comment

That would be Kloverzero then? Super cool! I am planning to go down to the Nall on the 18th.
                                      :)

i was was hoping he'd get the pics posted tonight.

Comment

Still sell the antennas at Radio Shack (classic)

Comment

• BTW, the official name for the ladder is the "integrated boarding ladder" for those with the slightest interest:Yawn:Brad

Comment

Working...
                                          X