Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! I was concerned about the sound of the 9B fans (since that has become a part of my flight experience with this new generation of high blade count EDFs). However, at certain throttle settings, it sounds like the full scale. Again, great job Freewing and Motion RC!

Sean

Comment

• Thanks Ryan! I really appreciate it. Trying to get as many of my ducks in a row as possible before she gets here for the things I might have to wait on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Regarding the door not closing after the strut deploys, you can't reprogram the IC, but we can. I'll look into it for you. :)
        Thanks very much, Alpha. It would be great if that was a simple firmware change. Again, not a deal breaker IMO, just one of those scale nuances that would add to an already outstanding product.

Funny you mention getting into forums like this from China. I am over here now as well (a little farther north than you) but I have come to appreciate a solid VPN. :) Other than the lightning fast (sic) dial up speeds, it's sometimes a mystery on what gets singled out for blockage. I mean, how dangerous could a airplane forum possibly be? Wait, don't answer that. I am sure there are some wives that might have to agree with the censors.. Ha ha.

Comment

• Hey Alpha, Do we have a clue as to when these "Lil' Piggies" are going to be "on the water" ? Hope & Pray they can make the ETA of late May.....?

Comment

• I think typical lead time is 4-6 weeks after they hit the water. So I think they are already on the way, or will be in the next week.
            Pat

Comment

• This would be a pretty cool loadout to try on the A-10: https://theaviationist.com/2017/04/2...apons-loadout/

Comment

• I ordered a copy of this book and got it today. I had one for the A-4 Skyhawk once. What a wealth of information. They are becoming harder to find for a decent price. Should come in handy to help with some of the little things. I will be doing "Cool Cat/The Last Tiger", 82-0665 as close as I can anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170426_180257.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	73207

Yeah baby....

Name:	20170426_181833.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	73208

Comment

• Great scheme "From Burma to Baghdad".
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Cool picture... I have always loved the Fighting Tigers and the Euro camo. I just gotta do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      I ordered a copy of this book and got it today. I had one for the A-4 Skyhawk once. What a wealth of information. They are becoming harder to find for a decent price. Should come in handy to help with some of the little things. I will be doing "Cool Cat/The Last Tiger", 82-0665 as close as I can anyway.

Name:	20170426_180257.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	73207

Yeah baby....

Name:	20170426_181833.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	73208
                      I looked at one of those books too RCjetdude,...I used to use them all the time when I was building static models...but I was shocked at the price! The only edition that was halfway current was going for over $100 on Amazon! I guess it was all the guys on this thread who are waiting for their planes to arrive who are driving up the price!

Comment

• I got mine outside of Amazon for $28 including shipping.

P.s. I was born and raised in Corvallis, OR. I am a PNW transplant.

Comment

• Hopefully you don't have any rust still :)Where did you find that Walk Around..those things are golden for detail????

Comment

• So I am still making my way through all the old posts so I don't miss anything. But I am still wondering how Alpha did his great detailing/weathering job! I used to do static models and a couple of techniques might work for foamies...I confess I haven't checked it out much!

Here's a shot of a 1:48 zero. I used a tint/wash to punch up the panel lines and give it a bit of an "oily" look. For panel lines the wash worked far better than trying to highlight them with a pen by hand. Tamiya makes the product but they say it is only to be applied to acrylic paint!!! Do you know Aros if the A-10 's paint is acrylic or enamel?

I used to do rivots (fine dots) with a pen called a rapidograph...architects use them for very fine/precise work. They load the ink like a fountain pen and have an extremely fine tip. You just have to have an incredibly steady hand (and I think it would be too fine for scale on this bird). The wash wipes on, and then wipes off. The more coats, the more the look. But it never fails to get in the lines.

The other technique was a product for the water decals called Solvaset. I've never used it on foam, but on plastic models it caused the decal to shrink up and then bond to the plastic like paint. The sheen of the decal disappeared and the result was truly amazing. I'll have to check it out on foam...it uses an alcohol base I think.

So the Zero shows the wash and the decals, the foamie was an old ParkZone Corsair I used the wash on to give it the "oil"effect for kicks. When Alpha gets through the launch phase of the A-10, I'll be curious to get his input on how he did the rivots and panel lines!!!!

Comment

• I'm not sure if the A-10 is acrylic or enamel...Alpha will know for sure...As for weathering, this will be a great platform for it!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                Hopefully you don't have any rust still :)Where did you find that Walk Around..those things are golden for detail????
                                Lol... sometimes I think I still do. I got the book through Abebooks.

Comment

• Okay I checked there, but the price has gone up to above $50. BUT I found a site that has a download of the whole book! https://www.scribd.com/doc/274268509...10-Warthog-pdf

Brad you'll love the close ups of the canopy and you guys should check out the detail on every inch of the hog! Something to take to bed every night until your box arrives at your door!;)Rob

Comment

• Thanks RCAV8R, I 'll check it out. I have dozens of the Walk Around books on various WWII warbirds but not for the Hog. They used to be cheap through historic aviation or aviation history catalogues but I haven't checked in quite awhile. Those little star things all over the plane are kind of a nuisance for detail work.They really get in the way of any serious weathering other than "squint scale". What is the deal with those?:Confused:Brad

Comment

• Awesome find Rob! Bookmarked!
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Nice thanks for posting.

Mike
                                        Hi buddies... let me present, my name is Manolo and this is my first entry on this superb thread...always loved Thunderbolts one or two and a good buddy did the preorders for a couple of them...just waiting to got them at home, adding some details ang go flying...best regards all.
                                        Manolo. What a beautiful vid showing the ample wide speed envelope and slow flying, windy ops...

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                          . Those little star things all over the plane are kind of a nuisance for detail work.They really get in the way of any serious weathering other than "squint scale". What is the deal with those?:Confused:Brad
                                          Are you asking about the steam ports in the mold? If you are talking about the very regular clusters of bumps on the surface of the part that's what they are. EPO and other bead based foams are molded by pouring small solid plastic beads that have a solvent dissolved in them into the mold, close the mold, inject steam into the mold to melt and swell the beads and then allow to cool and solidify. Google steam chest molding for more details.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                          X