Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple years ago, Brandon helped hook me up with a sweet LX A10, and added some cool Brandon Moon mods to it, including a turbine sound card. Cool, Cool! The LX A10 flies ok....off pavement, but can't hack my Bermuda grass runway, so I rarely fly it . Plus, it just doesn't have the size, sound, and presence I've been waiting 25 years for, to give the feeling of some of that Warthog Badassedness! Close, but not quite the Cigar I've been looking for.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	365.9 KB ID:	60132
    From the vids, and all the talk I'm hearing about this new Hog coming out, I think Alpha and his team may have hit a homerun....for me anyway! Big, powerful, rugged gear, great performance, and great sound, with excellent scale detail (enough for me anyhow), and won't break the bank. Warthogs always fly in pairs......I'll take two please!

Comment

• I had one of those planes for awhile. It did not look as good as yours though. Also, I work with a lady who was at Davis Monthan's A-10 schoolhouse until '86. Last name is Smoyer.

Comment

• I had two of them and sold them both
        Brandon Moon

Comment

• I did not end up liking the EPS foam. Thought I could live with it...after all it is an A-10 but in the end it was a lesson learned.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me the specs on the A-10 and price.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG JETS JOE View Post
              Can anyone tell me the specs on the A-10 and price.
              As far as we know EPO foam, 1700mm WS, 80mm fans PNP with 90mm optional nacelles available ARF Plus. Trailing arm gear struts for grass fields, nice weapons load out, new detailed pilot, grey color scheme with 3 different decal sets to choose from, twin 6S batteries up to 6000mah each, lighting package. Weighs around 11 lbs. Cost around $499. Pre-order late February. There may be more I have missed.

Comment

• Thanks for the info RCjetdude. Sounds good to me.

Comment

• A few more photos taken yesterday.

Comment

• Very nice, thanks for posting these Tony...I can't wait to get one.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey Bill34207, welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                      Sounds like your a die hard Motion R/C fan like the rest of us, so good to have you here.
                      So what's in your stable? Thinking of one of these?

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks for the videos and the pictures Tony! Nicely done sir
                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          See my prior answer to you from a few days ago regarding the nose strut, my friend ;)

The powder cannon format is still being worked out. It won't be ready in time for the first shipment of A-10s, but possibly early summer. I wish I could give a clearer timeline for an aftermarket option like this, but at this point I can't. While it's tempting to divert lots of resources into developing a scale feature aftermarket option for a single plane, I must often remind myself that I'm tasked with overseeing ~400 aircraft current and two years' worth of upcoming products from multiple vendors.
                          If the powder cannon is not available in the first shipment, will it be available later as an add-in for those with first shipment A-10s?

Comment

• My pleasure gents! :)

Uploading a full ordnance flight video now.

Comment

• Originally posted by abeeb View Post

If the powder cannon is not available in the first shipment, will it be available later as an add-in for those with first shipment A-10s?
                              It's an aftermarket option, so yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                My pleasure gents! :)

Oh goody....

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                  My pleasure gents! :)

Looking forward to it! :cool:

Comment

• F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 :D

Comment

• Beautiful! That was some really smooth flying. Certainly seems to have plenty of power, the big loop was quite impressive.

Comment

• Wow! The ordnance and wind did not seem to bother it very much at all. Nice flying.

Comment

Working...
                                        X